zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

2 hours ago, platy said:

Kissing someone's ass because you fancy them isn't attractive. Find a better way to show it 🤢

I once had a guy try to flirt with me (even though he already had a girlfriend, and she was the thirty-seventh one, I believe) and he kept going on about how he was a gentleman and he wouldn't stop flirting/calling me pet names until I started being snarky and withdrawn around him (I initially just told him I wasn't interested, but apparently that wasn't enough). He's not so bad now that he's taken the damn hint, but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did. I just hope girlfriend #38 is happy (if they're even still together, that is).

In short, I feel ya. People need to learn that some degree of modesty and actually trying to get to know someone for who they are is a lot more attractive than just smothering them because they caught your eye once. If that guy had known what a cheeky bitch I was when he first saw me, he most likely wouldn't have bothered. 😕

I like college but I hate how much time it takes out my schedule. I want a job, but I can only get one in the summer (that is, if anyone would even hire me) and I'd have to quit about two months later.

Working at the airport is hilarious, flight attendants tend to have very nasty attitudes aswell as a whole bunch of witty sarcasm. Like I get it but come on, you don't have to be nasty to like..everyone. It's never that deep. Shoutout to the sassy flight attendant dude though, he was cool and very sassy.

xNdkfPT.png

PbgXqWa.png

meanwhile....

XOHxl9U.png

I wouldn't be half as annoyed at pitchfork, if they at least supported artists that are actually talented, creative, and empowering as much as they push this degenerative nonsense.

3 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

xNdkfPT.png

PbgXqWa.png

meanwhile....

XOHxl9U.png

I wouldn't be half as annoyed at pitchfork, if they at least supported artists that are actually talented, creative, and empowering as much as they push this degenerative nonsense.

Right? Media outlets don't have to censor what they're already putting out, but they could at least give other artists a chance. Maybe that's why everyone thinks today's generation is so two-dimensional; because we get taught to be. It's not fair, really. -_-

Havent really played much video games in over a week which makes me feel like that hobby is basically dead to me (although there are certain titles I'm looking forward to) and now I'm looking for new hobbies but not exactly sure what interests me anymore 

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

Right? Media outlets don't have to censor what they're already putting out, but they could at least give other artists a chance. Maybe that's why everyone thinks today's generation is so two-dimensional; because we get taught to be. It's not fair, really. -_-

I'm just shouting into the wind, honestly...seeing that cancerous garbage promoted does aggravate me, but even just me venting about it here is a waste of energy. These media outlets are gonna do what they're gonna do, regardless of the implications.

The only real way to combat the dysfunction perpetuated by these media outlets and the culture surrounding them is to exemplify proper function in our own lives, support those who also eschew dysfunction, and actually teach children right instead of leaving them to be indoctrinated by the media and society at large.

People take advantage of my good nature* and inability to say no. It really pisses me off that they expect me to do everything for them with no thanks in return, and it really pisses me off that I can't decline someone who needs help. This includes family and friends.

I'm practically hand-holding my brother through the house buying process without so much as a 'thx lol'. 

No wonder I'm constantly seeking approval from others and feeling isolated and anxious. Ugh :(

*self-purported obviously XD 

Edited by nullmoon

5 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

People take advantage of my good nature* and inability to say no. It really pisses me off that they expect me to do everything for them with no thanks in return, and it really pisses me off that I can't decline someone who needs help. This includes family and friends.

I'm practically hand-holding my brother through the house buying process without so much as a 'thx lol'. 

No wonder I'm constantly seeking approval from others and feeling isolated and anxious. Ugh :(

*self-purported obviously XD 

Listen, I was in your situation about a year or so ago, so you know what I did? For the first time in those people's lives (and possibly mine), I told them "no". I told them I couldn't keep mollycoddling them if they were only prepared to spend time with me solely for my pity and my money (I'm not super rich or anything, but I had more money than them and they seemed to like that 🙄 granted, I always offered to buy them things so it was half my own damn fault, but I digress), and I told them I needed space from them until they actually got help for their problems instead of just looking to me for the magic answer to every question they could possibly pose. They broke down in tears and threatened to hurt themselves, and that was when I knew they never gave a shite about me for me.

I know it's not easy, but I want you to tell them "no" for once. Don't be super harsh about it, but be forthright and honest with your feelings because they'll never know how you really feel about all this if you don't tell them. If they react like my "friends" did, chuck 'em away. What they did was blackmail and it wasn't something to be blamed on a mental illness as they claimed; it was just clinginess and manipulation. If they understand, however, and agree to give you some space or whatever it is you want from them, then hopefully you should be able to meet somewhere in the middle with them.

All the best x

On 5/10/2019 at 5:13 PM, Zeus said:

i may or may not have deleted half my facebook friend list in a frenzy of mania

Ugh man I envy you. This is courage ladies and gentlemen haha.

36 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Listen, I was in your situation about a year or so ago, so you know what I did? For the first time in those people's lives (and possibly mine), I told them "no". I told them I couldn't keep mollycoddling them if they were only prepared to spend time with me solely for my pity and my money (I'm not super rich or anything, but I had more money than them and they seemed to like that 🙄 granted, I always offered to buy them things so it was half my own damn fault, but I digress), and I told them I needed space from them until they actually got help for their problems instead of just looking to me for the magic answer to every question they could possibly pose. They broke down in tears and threatened to hurt themselves, and that was when I knew they never gave a shite about me for me.

I know it's not easy, but I want you to tell them "no" for once. Don't be super harsh about it, but be forthright and honest with your feelings because they'll never know how you really feel about all this if you don't tell them. If they react like my "friends" did, chuck 'em away. What they did was blackmail and it wasn't something to be blamed on a mental illness as they claimed; it was just clinginess and manipulation. If they understand, however, and agree to give you some space or whatever it is you want from them, then hopefully you should be able to meet somewhere in the middle with them.

All the best x

Thank you so much for the advice :) I know I need to toughen up and start putting myself first for a change. Hopefully the next time an opportunity comes up, I can stand up for myself x

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Ugh man I envy you. This is courage ladies and gentlemen haha.

It's actually really easy once you start.

36 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It's actually really easy once you start.

This is where the simple answer can be interpreted into a very complicated version of devils advocate for me haha. 

Start to what? I really don't feel like making a sit session where I get rid of friends I don't associate myself with anymore to then keep around friends that I still don't take the time of day to contact because I don't use the platform hehe, but then again, having a small group to actually be able to connect with and appreciate more is tempting as a sort of renewal/revival of my social life.....

Really, if I have your number on my phone and/or you are contacted at least for conversation once and a while, then you can be considered for my Facebook friend list.

That could be like 20 people lol but even then I could just text or call you, why go to another application to then do the same fucking thing?

Plus, I might piss some people off when they find out they are removed. I could elaborate and give my take on why I did it but really deep down idgaf and they need to move the fuck on with this fucking tantrum about how close you thought we were. If you must stay in contact with me (even though you never made a fucking attempt to do so on the site or anywhere else), then just ask for my number god damn why the fucking drama?

ehhhhhh I'm good. Easier just to make another account lol.

From experience, people get real pissy when they find out. If they're so bothered, why do I never hear from them?! I think people just want to keep updated on your life. 

I honestly have around 30 friends on there, and even then it's slightly bloated with family members and people I can't quite get rid of yet. 

Get a new account and ghost the old one XD 

I haven't used Facebook in aaaages. I think I just got sick of it after a while. I'm not an old coot who thinks all social media is inherently toxic and that it's damaging our youth because I think that the people who make it that way are to blame and that the idea of blaming an inanimate object instead is kind of moot, and I actually think social media is a good thing as it allows for broad communication, but I guess I just don't like the way a lot of people act on it and how vitriolic they get over it. I prefer a more neutral community where people can discuss things like adults (like MH! After all, I guess this counts as social media) instead of saying "if you don't agree with my point and share it then your mum will die LOLOLOL", but that's just my take on it.

29 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

This is where the simple answer can be interpreted into a very complicated version of devils advocate for me haha. 

Start to what? I really don't feel like making a sit session where I get rid of friends I don't associate myself with anymore to then keep around friends that I still don't take the time of day to contact because I don't use the platform hehe, but then again, having a small group to actually be able to connect with and appreciate more is tempting as a sort of renewal/revival of my social life.....

Really, if I have your number on my phone and/or you are contacted at least for conversation once and a while, then you can be considered for my Facebook friend list.

That could be like 20 people lol but even then I could just text or call you, why go to another application to then do the same fucking thing?

Plus, I might piss some people off when they find out they are removed. I could elaborate and give my take on why I did it but really deep down idgaf and they need to move the fuck on with this fucking tantrum about how close you thought we were. If you must stay in contact with me (even though you never made a fucking attempt to do so on the site or anywhere else), then just ask for my number god damn why the fucking drama?

ehhhhhh I'm good. Easier just to make another account lol.

That is six degrees of overthinking it!

I started by pulling up my entire friends list and going down. I made several passes over it and it was pretty fast. I got rid of obvious annoyances that are always angry or upset or lashing out at groups of people. Drama queena too. Culled a few inactive accounts, then did a second pass and removed people i haven't talked to in years. People who were the barest of acquaintances when they were in my life. People i would not miss. I had no target number in mind. I just went over the list asking if each person added value to my life. Some people add value in different ways, and the amount of people i was on the fence about was less than expected.

With the way the site works, you dont see things that it thinks you dont want to see. The algorithms put people in a bubble and shapes their worldview. If they have over 150 friends and don't interact with you at all, they probably won't notice you are gone, especially if you are like me and rarely make statuses. I've deleted hundreds of people over my various purges, and only 3 ever noticed and added me back. And it took them so long to notice, they assumed it was a new account or that we were never connected to begin with.

I've wanted to ditch Facebook countless times but I use it to access so many sites that I can't make the leap.

I miss MySpace. I loved cramming a song of my choosing into someone's eardrums. 

40 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

From experience, people get real pissy when they find out. If they're so bothered, why do I never hear from them?! I think people just want to keep updated on your life.

This has been my view on it for a long time, and partially why I didn't want to partake in the sharing of my life to everyone.

They don't need to know, they just want to be in the know.

48 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I'm not an old coot who thinks all social media is inherently toxic and that it's damaging our youth because I think that the people who make it that way are to blame and that the idea of blaming an inanimate object instead is kind of moot, and I actually think social media is a good thing as it allows for broad communication, but I guess I just don't like the way a lot of people act on it and how vitriolic they get over it.

We could discuss this for ages but my take on the effects have more to do with the vulnerabilities that the younger generation are choosing to ignore/willfully accept for the sake of this "broad communication" that you mention. Most people in their late 20's can recall the time when the internet didn't run their lives, and younger people are becoming more and more aware that this was ever an event in history. My worry is that future kids will never know of this alternative, let alone be given an option similar to it.

I forgot who told me this saying but it went something like:

"The internet works both ways. You get to see what's going on with the world, and the world gets to see what's going on with you."

It's a quote that could open a big can of worms to those who think about it too much.

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

I actually think social media is a good thing as it allows for broad communication, but I guess I just don't like the way a lot of people act on it and how vitriolic they get over it. I prefer a more neutral community where people can discuss things like adults (like MH! After all, I guess this counts as social media) instead of saying "if you don't agree with my point and share it then your mum will die LOLOLOL", but that's just my take on it.

I guess it counts as social media, but this statement reminded me of YouTube as well and how zealous people can become on there. (Especially when it comes to things people stan very much)

On 5/11/2019 at 2:13 AM, Zeus said:

i may or may not have deleted half my facebook friend list in a frenzy of mania

Yes! Me too few months agoXD. I don’t even care if I see them irl anymore and they notice that I had removed them out of the list.

Like, fight me for this stupid reason.

I don’t understand why people get mad if you remove them from your ‘friends list’ on any social platforms. Bitch, I don’t like you anymore. 

Honestly the moment someone asks me why I removed them from my list I will literally cancel the conversation and ignore them forever.