zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Today I bought an Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola on a whim. I never really buy soda. Looked at nutritional facts. 129% of my daily recommended sugar in one bottle. 😲

Just now, nomemorial said:

Today I bought an Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola on a whim. I never really buy soda. Looked at nutritional facts. 129% of my daily recommended sugar in one bottle. 😲

I have a giant blue lollipop about half the size of my head in my cupboard. It went out of date on November 25th, but it's probably still good and I haven't unwrapped it. The reason I don't dare to eat it is because I noticed after I got out the shop that it has 66g of sugar in it.

5 minutes ago, nomemorial said:

i rarely drink soda too, once i tried cola zero and i think something died inside me that moment thats how disgustingly sweet it was

regular cola is drinkable though! 

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

I have a giant blue lollipop about half the size of my head in my cupboard. It went out of date on November 25th, but it's probably still good and I haven't unwrapped it. The reason I don't dare to eat it is because I noticed after I got out the shop that it has 66g of sugar in it.

well lolipop must consist of 99% sugar as any other caramel...

22 minutes ago, nomemorial said:

Did the same thing a month-or-so ago at a gas station (Sheetz). It shocked me as well, considering how nondistinct the orange-vanilla flavor was from regular Coke (I feel like cola already has that tinge of vanilla.) I guess it's a blessing that the one new soda I try after several months of just water (and occasional sprite) tastes like ass.

3 hours ago, nomemorial said:

Interestingly enough, Coca Cola was one of the reasons I ended up with nodules on my vocal chords, the acidity caused it. So yeah, the health hazards of cola are vast xD 

Edited by TheZigzagoon

3 hours ago, colorful人生 said:

Did the same thing a month-or-so ago at a gas station (Sheetz). It shocked me as well, considering how nondistinct the orange-vanilla flavor was from regular Coke (I feel like cola already has that tinge of vanilla.) I guess it's a blessing that the one new soda I try after several months of just water (and occasional sprite) tastes like ass.

Heart react for Sheetz. Sheetz is the truth. King of all gas stations.

Really, though, I always knew the sugar content in this stuff was high, but I literally took a sip, looked, and said "WHAT!!!" 

Not exactly the paragon of health myself, but 129% is pretty hard to ignore.

Back to LaCroix I go...

This world is fucked beyond belief. But despite how treacherously people treat one another...and despite how poorly we even treat ourselves...to be courageous enough to even just try to do better in the face of such overwhelming bleakness, and not just fall into the mire of spiritual destitution like the rest... That's such a beautiful thing!

1 hour ago, CAT5 said:

This world is fucked beyond belief. But despite how treacherously people treat one another...and despite how poorly we even treat ourselves...to be courageous enough to even just try to do better in the face of such overwhelming bleakness, and not just fall into the mire of spiritual destitution like the rest... That's such a beautiful thing!

The world will be fine. We won't.

My job is super generic office fare and nothing worth talking about ever happens, but in one week alone we've had a random film crew on site for some unknown Netflix show and yesterday they found someone dead in the parking deck so there's that

I wish I had a bigger freezer. I wanted to buy some ice cream today but there's literally no space in my freezer... There's currently four half-empty bags of different kinda vegetables, a huge bag of fries, three pizzas, two boxes of chicken and rice I made some weeks ago, three bags of rye bread and a bunch of ice packs. Why do I have so much stuff there.

Spoiler

Every damn time I try to write "rye bread" I misspell it as "ryo bread" at first. This reminded me of a dumb edit I made like, a couple of years ago...

J0F2uiL.png

ryo bread. goddamnit.

1 minute ago, chocobuzz said:

Hide contents

Every damn time I try to write "rye bread" I misspell it as "ryo bread" at first. This reminded me of a dumb edit I made like, a couple of years ago...

J0F2uiL.png

ryo bread. goddamnit.

Nice one, that could go in the J-meme thread

Is it just me who gets really creeped out by brains? I looked up if there's a specific phobia of brains, but it doesn't look like there is. I also have a phobia of wasps, other nasty insects (not stuff like flies, they're too predictable for me to be afraid of them) and outer space. Also, I've never found clowns scary. In fact, I think they're very cute (not in that way) and people think I'm strange for that.

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

I also have a phobia of wasps, other nasty insects (not stuff like flies, they're too predictable for me to be afraid of them)

You just made me think of this video... 😛

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

Is it just me who gets really creeped out by brains? I looked up if there's a specific phobia of brains, but it doesn't look like there is. I also have a phobia of wasps, other nasty insects (not stuff like flies, they're too predictable for me to be afraid of them) and outer space. Also, I've never found clowns scary. In fact, I think they're very cute (not in that way) and people think I'm strange for that.

whenever i see a wasp or a bee or whatever yellow flying insect with a stinger i literally run away screaming...same with spiders both small and large aaand centipedes, these little motherfuckers are the worst

once my grandpa saw a centipede, chopped it in half with an actual axe

and these two halves just ran away in opposite directions like nothing happened....

1 minute ago, yomii said:

once my grandpa saw a centipede, chopped it in half with an actual axe

and these two halves just ran away in opposite directions like nothing happened....

Damn, that's disturbing! I'm now thinking of when I was seven and I saw a centipede crawl out from between the sofa cushions so my dad got rid of it... but that's not nearly as creepy as two halves of the same animal walking in opposite directions. Sounds like something from a horror movie! I thought it was only worms that did that. 😕

Good to know other people have the same phobia. In a "I'm not alone in this, yay!" way of course. I freeze whenever I see a wasp or anything that slightly resembles it.

Some time ago I was spending summer vacation in a place known for having lots of lakes and bugs, especially mosquitoes and wasps. When I went out to eat once, I passed walls, trash cans and other surfaces covered in so many of those yellow nightmares they were hardly visible from underneath them. I get chills whenever I think about it.