zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

18 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

should i be concerned if i sometimes get nightmares, i guess you can call it, about my older sister (about 5 years apart) being psychologically abusive to me....? just had one last night...i mean, our relationship isn't THAT toxic and we still get along together when we're not around each other too much, but she has bad anger management issues and has always been taking it out on me even when i had nothing to do with it. many times in the past she has made me feel awful for my anxiety and inability to do things on my own, which then led me to self-hatred/worthlessness and depression. and that got real bad during my most vulnerable times. things are better now though, but i hate it when i get these 'nightmares' and wake up not knowing how to feel when i see/talk to her....

If you're that worried, I'd go see a therapist. It seems like it's weighing you down quite a bit, and the nightmares sound recurrent, so it might mean you're trying to subconsciously repress something. All the best x

11 hours ago, Gesu said:

If you're that worried, I'd go see a therapist. It seems like it's weighing you down quite a bit, and the nightmares sound recurrent, so it might mean you're trying to subconsciously repress something. All the best x

thank youu, i really appreciate your comment~ i don't get these dreams that often but they do occur once in a while. i'll take your advice, thanks again! ^^

Sorry guys, that Royz Best-of Album , particularly the re-recordings, made me feel emptier than I already did about the current state of the band. It might be the nostalgia goggles, but the whole thing feels lifeless. I'm fully convinced there are bands that straight-up thrive on era-specific production & sound... Actually, early-to-mid 00's vk already taught me that, lol.

Yesterday on my way home from college, I saw a man and a woman walking together. The man was dressed head-to-toe in deep blue, and the woman in bright pink. They even had hair to match!

wish my instructor told the class that the print shops we need to go to for printing our art assignment that's due next week only opens during weekdays cuz now i'm struggling to get mine printed on time.....and we only had a week to do this (finalizing the art piece and getting it printed out, plus mounting it on a board)

15 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

At this point, I don't know whether I should be flattered or insulted to be asked if I'm over 18.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm eighteen and the average guess for my age is fourteen. The lowest I still get is twelve and the highest is around sixteen. My family are all blessed with youthful good looks on my mother's side and my father's side, but it looks like I got the unpleasant extreme where I just look like a kid. Being under five feet tall doesn't help it much, either. 😕

9 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i'm in my mid 20s and still look like a 12 year old.....being short sucks.

Take good care of your skin and enjoy looking younger in your 40~50s? That's how I deal with it hahah

4 hours ago, Marchen said:

Take good care of your skin and enjoy looking younger in your 40~50s? That's how I deal with it hahah

This is how I'm looking at it now, cause I too will be 26 this year. I will not look my age until I'm like 55+ I think lol it's only a problem when kids try to hit on you...it's just awkward. 😕

21 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

At this point, I don't know whether I should be flattered or insulted to be asked if I'm over 18.

I remember a liquor store worker (?) commenting on this along the lines of "we know you're (probably) over 18, we just assume you're looking that busted at 16, therefore bring the ID."

it's not flattery x

Edited by nekkichi

8 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i'm in my mid 20s and still look like a 12 year old.....being short sucks.

It sucks when you need to ask people to grab stuff for you in the supermarket, or when going to a gig ends up being a suicide mission. On the other hand I find that being small means people are nicer and/or more likely to let me get away with stuff. Take what you can from it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There was a funny situation with my sister:

She was at a supermarket and there was this wine tasting thing, she asked for some and the woman that was serving said they couldn't give it to minors. My sister was almost 30 at the time. I would be super happy if that happened to me lol

Edited by Marchen
typo

Smashed my toe into a wall accidentally months ago and it's just gotten worse in the previous few days so I'm finally going to the docs, not to get graphic or gross but is there really anything they can do besides just removing my nail, not looking forward to this lol

10 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Smashed my toe into a wall accidentally months ago and it's just gotten worse in the previous few days so I'm finally going to the docs, not to get graphic or gross but is there really anything they can do besides just removing my nail, not looking forward to this lol

Good luck! Hope all goes well for you.

18 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

This is how I'm looking at it now, cause I too will be 26 this year. I will not look my age until I'm like 55+ I think lol it's only a problem when kids try to hit on you...it's just awkward. 😕

i don't think i even want to date anyone who's over 3 years younger than me, unless they have a mature personality.

i had a situation when a 11 or 12 y/o thought i was closer to their age and thought i was still a teenager. they weren't hitting on me though, just curious. my friend, who's about as short as me and imo looks younger than me, attended a coworker's granddaughter's birthday party and literally got asked by one of the kids wondering why they never saw her in school. i think they were middle schoolers.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

7 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i don't think i even want to date anyone who's over 3 years younger than me, unless they have a mature personality.

i had a situation when a 11 or 12 y/o thought i was closer to their age and thought i was still a teenager. they weren't hitting on me though, just curious. my friend, who's about as short as me and imo looks younger than me, attended a coworker's granddaughter's birthday party and literally got asked by one of the kids wondering why they never saw her in school. i think they were middle schoolers.

Yeah agree, and fat chance for that. Even same age or older is a toss up.

Ouch, 12? That's rough, but I guess I get it. I see middle schoolers walking now who look like high school seniors lol.

For me I was at a waterpark and these 2 girls followed me around 3 different areas, like you have to ride a bus between. But they suddenly approached me when I was waiting for my friend, kept complimenting my sunglasses / hair and did a weird forced handshake, then they almost outed me to my dad because they were ''collecting gay friends'' and asked real loudly if I was, apparently I wasn't the only poor sob they heckled that day lol. I just kept staring in the other direction pretending they weren't there after that but they couldn't take a hint.

One of them kept talking real vulgarly about the movie 'magic mike' and herself, it was just so fucking weird, who comes up to strangers and does this? I finally got them to piss off when I asked how old they were and they heard my age. I guess these experiences make funny stories to share at least lol.

3 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

For me I was at a waterpark and these 2 girls followed me around 3 different areas, like you have to ride a bus between. But they suddenly approached me when I was waiting for my friend, kept complimenting my sunglasses / hair and did a weird forced handshake, then they almost outed me to my dad because they were ''collecting gay friends'' and asked real loudly if I was, apparently I wasn't the only poor sob they heckled that day lol. 

they were going around collecting gay friends.

:arg: