zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

My Xperia phone from 2016 has  a much better camera than my (supposedly top camera in the market) Huawei from 2018. This is why I never invest in the latest anything. 

Huawei just seems to have shit-tier phone cameras in general, I have some older model and it's total ass as well, especially when you try to zoom in to p. much any degree

I'm of the belief that, for the most part, there is no such thing as a bad genre, so I always tell myself I should broaden my horizons and try to listen to loads of different types of music. Strangely, whenever I do and I find myself liking something I wouldn't normally, I feel oddly guilty... I wonder why that is?

I really like some of Billie Eilish's stuff tbh

@Tokage the camera on the Huawei I have is great for outdoors and portrait. Now trying to FILM something? For some reason it applies a yellow tint to everything at the slightest change of light or facial movement. Plus it can't focus on small details at all! Annoying AF

I hate it when I leave games unfinished and then I try to come back to them months later and I've completely forgotten what was going on and how do I even play it and then I suck like a total n00b and get frustrated and just leave it unfinished forever

My situation with monster hunter world rn T_T

Two thoughts:

I hate the fact that it took me two career paths to finally end up on web development b/c I really enjoy it. While I have to be in a constant state of learning (everything is a matryoshka doll of languages, libraries, and frameworks), it's really fun getting things to work.  It also taps into a creative side that was largely untouched w/ what I was doing previously (Spatial analysis in ArcMap can be kinda fun, tho. I'll give it that.) (Also, I can turn my Adobe CC repertoire into something career-relevant.)  I'm messing around w/ an Nginx server and a Node.js one atm. I'll have to hit up the books/vids on Docker when I'm comfortable enough w/ Linux & Git.

After getting my Vita to ENSO 3.60 and setting up the necessary plugins & .vpks, it's switched from glorified dust collector to one of my most used devices. It's an emulation machine w/ RetroArch and Adrenaline. Additionally, I can remote play w/ my PS3 (w/ Rebug CFW), PS4, and Steam (+ CEMU, Dolphin, and Citra) w/ Moonlight. Shit's cool.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

My degree is truly fucked. I got straight up 2(1)’s this entire year, then one lecturer has decided to give me two marks UNDER the pass mark. I’ve appealed it, I just can’t believe I’ve somehow jeopardised my entire degree with one piece of work. I was excited about graduating in July, now I’m just dreading the result 

Edited by TheZigzagoon

When my grandmother was about eleven years old, she was reading a book and she read the sentence "she had unsh'd tears in her eyes", so she asked her mother what "unsh'd" meant when it actually said "unshed". She told me that about a year or two ago and I still think about it.

It's year 2019 and google drive still doesn't have the backup&sync client thing for linux what is this discrimination

There are a lot of unofficial ones yes but either they cost something or don't have the option to only sync some selected folders instead of the whole thing or they're only command line programs that need 8375026 other things installed first and then 294957 hours to configure them and 3846285 years to learn to use them

I hate technology I want to go live in a cave

23 minutes ago, chocobuzz said:

It's year 2019 and google drive still doesn't have the backup&sync client thing for linux what is this discrimination

There are a lot of unofficial ones yes but either they cost something or don't have the option to only sync some selected folders instead of the whole thing or they're only command line programs that need 8375026 other things installed first and then 294957 hours to configure them and 3846285 years to learn to use them

It's Linux so they expect you to write one yourself /s

3 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

Update: I managed to set up some client and make a shell script that syncs some specific folders (I prefer running the sync manually whenever I need to than having it auto-sync at some specific times)

I'm probably doing things way too complicatedly again but at least I can sync the things I need with a couple of clicks now and that's an achievement for me

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

It's Linux so they expect you to write one yourself /s

Haha yep, I wish they'd acknowledge that even normal people might use linux nowadays and not only the superhuman penguin gods

Words cannot express the confusion and fear I felt today at college when I walked past a group of about three girls all holding loudly crying baby dolls. I managed to catch up with a friend shortly after and tagged along with him into the building only to find more girls holding loudly crying baby dolls.

roommate is currently in the shower and she takes freakin' LONG ASS showers, almost two hours it seems, and it's my shower night too ughh. now my towel is gonna be all damp from all the steam..... -__-

Ive found such a thing related to dir en grey that will make all of this Bands fandom to go nuts but I'm not going to share it cuz it's only mine. 

And before anybody asks, No.it's not kyo's or any other diru bandmember's underwear or their used tissues or any other bodily fluid you sick fan girls! Sho! sho! go away!!!

Edited by FOSCOR70

should i be concerned if i sometimes get nightmares, i guess you can call it, about my older sister (about 5 years apart) being psychologically abusive to me....? just had one last night...i mean, our relationship isn't THAT toxic and we still get along together when we're not around each other too much, but she has bad anger management issues and has always been taking it out on me even when i had nothing to do with it. many times in the past she has made me feel awful for my anxiety and inability to do things on my own, which then led me to self-hatred/worthlessness and depression. and that got real bad during my most vulnerable times. things are better now though, but i hate it when i get these 'nightmares' and wake up not knowing how to feel when i see/talk to her....