zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I can’t think of words to describe this, but I’m going to do my best to personify/objectify the way I’m feeling.

Do any of you get that overwhelming feeling of loneliness, sadness, emptiness and other negative emotions and feelings, and all it feels like in your head and body is that you’re about to explode because of the build up of these feelings, it’s a feeling akin to what I guess a shaken carbonated drink feels like. 

I don't want to talk to anyone close to me about it, because that would make me a burden, and everyone has their own stuff to deal with. I just needed to vent this, and maybe see if anyone else feels this way.

21 minutes ago, suji said:

"WE MADE HALO" 

:tw_skull:

"a first world male thinks that slaving away at the most deprived corner of IT-adjacent industry to build a shitty xbox franchise is a civilzation building tier achievement, types all that in and hits "send", look what happens nexT!!!!"

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

Men are being petty because they are lost.

THIS

But it's not just men. It's women, too. It's everybody.

Most people simply do what they were taught to do, whether they learned directly or indirectly. And I'm not talking about academics - I'm referring to how we're being taught to live in general.

When you look at society as a whole, particularly western society - it's clear that what we're doing isn't working...that what we've been learning (and subsequently acting out) isn't good enough. We live in a society that perpetuates, encourages, and even rewards dysfunction. So is it any wonder that we're all depressed, anxious, and stressed out of our minds? These are things WE'RE ALL affected by.

This also raises the question: What and how are we being taught? Do we even have the tools to better educate ourselves? If so, what are they?

Ya know, I've gotten shit for saying negative things about feminism before, as people are quick to assume that anti-feminism = anti-woman or anti female-empowerment, which is absolutely fucking ridiculous. But I'm of the opinion that all of these different social movements can go...be it feminism, men's rights activism, red pill, MGTOW, black lives matter...whatever the fuck. They all appear to be well-meaning movements on the outside, but as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" - and ultimately, these movements seem more like dysfunctional solutions to a misdiagnosed problem. It's like trying to cure a cancer patient with cyanide. Meanwhile,  they actually have AIDS . Sure, your *intentions* may be to cure the patient (which is great), but your actions are just introducing more toxic elements to an already deteriorating structure - the cause of which has not been fully explored. So from what I can tell, the real problem seems to be much deeper...and it transcends both men and women, black and white, rich and poor, etc.

Whatever it is, it effects society as a whole. And society isn't some nebulous thing. It does exist outside of us, yet we all make up society individually as well. So if men are lost (and we definitely are), would that not also imply that the whole is lost as well? So all I'm saying is that perhaps we should endeavor to take a more balanced and holistic approach to viewing and scrutinizing these important social issues, instead of blindly entertaining all of these divisive ideologies that constantly pit one group of people against the next. Meanwhile, the whole suffers. How is society going to get anywhere if the right leg is constantly at war with the left? The body needs both of them to walk properly.

And so I'm glad that @Zeus brought that point out, because it offers an additional perspective (without demonizing other perspectives) and shows that there's often more going on beneath the surface than we might be willing to explore. These are complicated issues.

I hate Sundays. I should use this freetime meaningfully and do something fun and relax but I always just end up stressing about the upcoming week and just wasting time.

Also I just checked up that it's actually spelled "free time", as two separate words. It just sounds wrong in my head. I probably make tons of mistakes like this all the time because my Finnish brains just want to write everything as one word.

the new green monster cans called Ultra Paradise are fucking amazing and ive had like 12 cans within the past 2 weeks or so, the best part if they work with my keto diet  

new level of weeb craziness: having a crush on historical figures

meet ueki emori, revolutionary democrat lived in 1850s

img_s2_1_03.jpg

fun fact: 糞 (shit) kanji consists of 米 (rice) and 異 (different, unusual) radicals, which basically makes the meaning of 糞 as rice that's different somehow

Tfw trying to break up with "sweetheart".

>I wanna break up because you clearly don't have time for me.

> "I'll make time"

> That was a lie

> "Im busy at work"

> Also a lie cause i see you talking to people on twitter with very consistant time stamps

> Laughing my ass of cause obviously, im a joke

> Just decided im gonna ghost you dear.

>xoxo hope you find a cutie in the near future  ❤❤❤❤

13 minutes ago, yomii said:

i was sure i'm over utapri, vocaloid and all that cheesy pop music but i've just listened to mamoru miyano's song @Triangle put on their mix....

pandora's box opened

Honestly Mamoru and Uta Puri need more love so, if you ever want to join the dark side again, come and find me, I will show you the way 😈

Random flashback to last year at college when this guy Photoshopped Vladimir Putin's face onto Tinky-Winky from Teletubbies then gave him huge moe anime eyes and sexy lips and the picture was named/captioned "Daddy, Please" by a girl in our class