zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I just realized that I recognize a lot more Jrock bands then I thought I did. I'm listening to Spotify and am all "Is this so and so?" and then it is. I am pleased.

EACH ONE OF OUR NEW FRIENDS COMPLETES US, WE'LL GET TOGETHER AND GO OUT FOR PIZZAS 

Why can't there just be one big perfect grocery store near me that would have everything I need. I find it mildly annoying that I have to visit three different ones to get everything I need...

- Store 1 is super cheap but they don't have sandwich bread or blood pancakes (I guess that's what you'd call them in english..?) or beans in tomato sauce or the right kinda tuna or some pork thing that I don't know the english name of and their shelves are often mysteriously just empty, last time they didn't even have any cucumbers. Like what the heck.

- Store 2 has pretty much everything (except for the beans in tomato sauce. they still had them like 3 months ago but since then the shelf has just been empty and apparently it's gonna stay that way. goddamnit.) but it's really expensive so as a poor student I don't really like going there that much.

- Store 3 is moderately cheap and has the goddamn beans but the quality of their other products is often a bit lower than in the two other stores. and especially their bread section seems to often suffer from the mysterious empty shelf syndrome too.

Sigh, first world problems.

When I see the cancerous and destructive nonsense promoted by Pitchfork and other major music outlets, It truly does drive home the fact that we have literally no control over our own culture...

From the outside looking in, I'm sure ppl view the music as "just entertainment", but when you witness and experience the disastrous effects it's helped promulgate on a daily basis... it's a different story.

[/Rant]

the fuck you talkin about, don't you love being #EMPOWERED?

(in all seriousness though, Pitchfork's descent from 'yeah it's pretty snobbish and all that but at least they still review underground shit' into pure poptimism hell was a sight to behold)

Edited by Tokage

I've been running around doing errands for the past few days, waking up early and going to bed late and I am TIRED. So I'm excited to sleep in tomorrow. I want to rest all week since I start work on Friday (New job yay) and then have two busy back to back weekends!

9 hours ago, Tokage said:

the fuck you talkin about, don't you love being #EMPOWERED?

(in all seriousness though, Pitchfork's descent from 'yeah it's pretty snobbish and all that but at least they still review underground shit' into pure poptimism hell was a sight to behold)

ahahaha, I should have made it clear that I was talking about hip-hop (and to some extent, popular so-called "black" music in general, but meh). I seen pitchfork promoting some rapper called "XANMAN" on like some "MUST HEAR" type shit, and that shit is just depressing, bruh. I mean, first of all, dude named himself after XANAX, so you already know what tip he's on. But to make things worse, dude is just straight up TRASH. He ain't talkin' bout' shit. He has no actual rapping skill. And dude can't even stay on beat. It was some of the sloppiest shit i've heard. If you're gonna be on some bullshit, AT LEAST make it sound good! 🤣 I was just legit shocked that ANYONE would promote that crap.

But I'm just venting, bruh. There's nothing empowering or redemptive about hip hop in general atm, but at the same time, hip hop isn't the only issue. The real issues are much deeper and more complicated, and the state of hip-hop is just one manifestation of those deeper issues. It's just one cog in the grand machine of decay. Just one portion of the negative feedback loop that we so-called African Americans are stuck in atm.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:19 PM, plastic_rainbow said:

just found out that kiwi-musume, an old website for jpop lyrics and translations is down..... 😧

What?! Nooooo

I usually don't make plans for Valentine's Day, because I've always been alone, and I still am, but because I have nothing going on that day, I thought I'd make plans. I think I'm gonna spend the day drinking an entire bottle of red wine, binge eating candy, and watching movies, ones that have little to no romance. And I might ignore everyone on social media who is in a relationship.

Or maybe I'll drink whiskey... or vodka... wine is great and all, but being wine drunk lasts FOREVER and it's fucking annoying.

Oh wow, I always thought Justy-Nasty was like a sleaze rock band from the name, I didn't know they had like a young and spunky VK BOOWY thing going on. I'm kind of in love.