zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

3 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Damn it IKEA, you could have just paid my hospital bill but no, you have to make it a big deal.

Why should they?

When everythign works out I'll visit Tallinn & Riga in 2 months and will see Slot 2 times live again finally. ❤️ 

Edited by AliceParanoid

Fuck China.

It is a beautiful country (geographically) and I would kinda like to see those mountains and rivers and historical buildings in person, but I am not setting foot there while it's a communist dictatorship.

Besides that, since Canada arrested the Huawei lady, I run the risk of being arrested/tortured/executed for being a spy.

Also, I don't really understand how this happened, but my mother, who grew up in China and had her family's property and assets confiscated during the Great Leap Forward and had to escape illegally to Hong Kong, is still extremely patriotic to China and Mao Zedong. Every time the news mentions the Huawei situation, she starts ranting about how Canada is stupid for arresting her, and China is justified in arresting those Canadians. I've explained "extradition treaty" to her 3 times but she doesn't understand. (She's also very happy Xi Jinping has become supreme leader or whatever, and thinks it's totally fine that Chinese citizens who criticize the government get jailed and worse)

By the way, go look up what's happening in Xinjiang province with the Uyghurs (and other minorities). Disgusting and abhorrent.

Fuck China.

The beginning of this year has been unexpectedly positive so far. It's too soon, I'm still sad, but you're really cute and you're saying everything I need to hear rn soooooo... I guess we'll see where this goes.

I just got a new job, a job that I wanted, that I was so excited for, and was SO worried that I bombed the interview. Turns out, I ACED it, and they're super excited to have me on board! And I'm so excited to be working after being unemployed for almost three months. It has been a long couple months, but I am kind of glad my old job let me go, since I now have a job that I want, and wouldn't have really pursued it otherwise. 

L840t6X.png

yikes.... I've noticed that many Western intellectuals and philosophers of today seem to practically worship IQ/the intellect. I've also noticed that many of them cannot see the forest for the trees.