zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Half time Old's new album is on Spotify! Wish I hadn't found this out after weeks of waiting for the CD to arrive, but oh well. I'm really happy to see them getting more promotion - Hakken to Gimon was such a great release, and this one is sounding really good too so far. ❤️

why are roleplay accounts a thing??? i stumbled upon jrock rp twitter the other day and it wasn't pretty

even a guy from a tiny ass band called venelli took a shot at some rando rping him on facebook. it's fucking creepy and it needs to STOP.

7 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

Just tried searching for band I forgot the name of, I remembered its name was with poi-something. So I tried Poitrine, ended up with French titties. Help?

Poidol?

11 minutes ago, suji said:

Poidol?

Where they the one that had a dance?

I remember them being an Oshare Kei that disbanded like 8-9 years ago. 

I remember specifically they had a very beautiful dance in youtube. 

These Poidol band looks too new

Edited by JukaForever

7 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

Where they the one that had a dance?

I remember them being an Oshare Kei that disbanded like 8-9 years ago. 

I remember specifically they had a very beautiful dance in youtube

yes, you're right! i just searched "poitrine band" & got legitimate results 😂

58 minutes ago, suji said:

yes, you're right! i just searched "poitrine band" & got legitimate results 😂

Ok awesome, I am gonna have to search later at home. I tried searching in my work computer, bad idea.

Apparently someone of my neighbors got a dog. It keeps barking and whining every day all day and all evening... The noise doesn't really bother me, I just wonder if everything's ok with the dog. It sounds so sad and it makes me sad.

I always give my friends 100% of my support when they're upset or have problems. Not to brag, but my advice always saves them from some serious trouble and personal/emotional issues. They, in turn, didn't ask me once if my surgery went well and now that I need some advice regarding a life changing opportunity they're almost useless. I do it because I genuinely enjoy it, not because I expect something in return, but after a while it gets disheartening. The lesson here is don't put all your effort into people since they're likely not going to do the same for you 👍🏼Moving on. Also Oblivion by lynch. is crap.

23 minutes ago, platy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I always give my friends 100% of my support when they're upset or have problems. Not to brag, but my advice always saves them from some serious trouble and personal/emotional issues. They, in turn, didn't ask me once if my surgery went well and now that I need some advice regarding a life changing opportunity they're almost useless. I do it because I genuinely enjoy it, not because I expect something in return, but after a while it gets disheartening. The lesson here is don't put all your effort into people since they're likely not going to do the same for you 👍🏼Moving on. Also Oblivion by lynch. is crap.

That sucks, especially since I’ve been there before! I hope you’re okay, and you’ve got the support of this community! 

2 hours ago, platy said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

FIRST OF ALL, "Oblivion" is one of my favorite songs by lynch.!!! We might just have to re-negotiate your position on staff now :lol::lol::lol:

lol, nah, but seriously. I feel you on this 100%. One of the things I've been learning is that we really can't be too hasty to credit people as being "friends", because unfortunately, some people aren't friends for friendship sake - rather, they're simply around for their own occasion. Whether it's for the sake of attention, distraction, fun - whatever the case, they're not around for you, but they're around for what they can get from you. Many people operate like this without even realizing it, though. It's one of the many wretched facets of human nature.

So in light of that, you just have to be sober about it and actually prove people before elevating them to friend status. How do you do that? Simply examine the fruits of their behavior/actions. Is this someone who I can depend on when I need them? Is this someone who's willing to share my burdens when I'm troubled? Is this someone I can seek sound counsel from? Is this someone who doesn't invalidate my feelings? Is this someone who gives without expectation of return? Is this someone who I can be honest with, without them getting angry at me? Is this someone I can disagree with / butt heads with and there still be no love lost? Is this someone with the capacity to forgive? Is this someone who's genuinely invested in my growth and not only wants to see me do better, but is willing to put in the work to help me do better as well?

These are just some of the questions we can ask ourselves when examining those in our lives worthy of being considered a friend. Always look at the fruits! Now if their only fruit is the fact they're always around during fun/good/happy times, yet they're ghost in times of affliction or they flee at any sign of discomfort - well, you pretty much know what to expect then :lol:

But anyways, I can certainly relate to you, because I've always been the type to give people more credit than is due, and I've often made the mistake of expecting people to be as forgiving and merciful as I aim to be. And unfortunately, it's resulted in a lot of unnecessary heartache, but you live, you learn, you adapt and do better! :hum:

And regardless of if people reciprocate your behavior or not - I definitely think you're operating in the right spirit! Truly, cultivating good character is its own reward! And that's exactly what you're doing, so keep shining your light regardless of dem shadows!!!  ;) 

EvilMintyEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricte

6 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Reveal hidden contents

FIRST OF ALL, "Oblivion" is one of my favorite songs by lynch.!!! We might just have to re-negotiate your position on staff now :lol::lol::lol:

lol, nah, but seriously. I feel you on this 100%. One of the things I've been learning is that we really can't be too hasty to credit people as being "friends", because unfortunately, some people aren't friends for friendship sake - rather, they're simply around for their own occasion. Whether it's for the sake of attention, distraction, fun - whatever the case, they're not around for you, but they're around for what they can get from you. Many people operate like this without even realizing it, though. It's one of the many wretched facets of human nature.

So in light of that, you just have to be sober about it and actually prove people before elevating them to friend status. How do you do that? Simply examine the fruits of their behavior/actions. Is this someone who I can depend on when I need them? Is this someone who's willing to share my burdens when I'm troubled? Is this someone I can seek sound counsel from? Is this someone who doesn't invalidate my feelings? Is this someone who gives without expectation of return? Is this someone who I can be honest with, without them getting angry at me? Is this someone I can disagree with / butt heads with and there still be no love lost? Is this someone with the capacity to forgive? Is this someone who's genuinely invested in my growth and not only wants to see me do better, but is willing to put in the work to help me do better as well?

These are just some of the questions we can ask ourselves when examining those in our lives worthy of being considered a friend. Always look at the fruits! Now if their only fruit is the fact they're always around during fun/good/happy times, yet they're ghost in times of affliction or they flee at any sign of discomfort - well, you pretty much know what to expect then :lol:

But anyways, I can certainly relate to you, because I've always been the type to give people more credit than is due, and I've often made the mistake of expecting people to be as forgiving and merciful as I aim to be. And unfortunately, it's resulted in a lot of unnecessary heartache, but you live, you learn, you adapt and do better! :hum:

And regardless of if people reciprocate your behavior or not - I definitely think you're operating in the right spirit! Truly, cultivating good character is its own reward! And that's exactly what you're doing, so keep shining your light regardless of dem shadows!!!  ;) 

EvilMintyEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricte

Preach this :rock:

9 hours ago, platy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure what else to add after CAT's amazing, inspirational words of wisdom xD But I just wanted to say that I hope you're recovering well and feeling better from your surgery ^^ Despite people's uncalled for behavior, keep up that positive spirit/character because it'll only make you the better person in the end :) 

@TheZigzagoon @monkeybanana4 Thank you for the kind words. 

On 12/4/2018 at 6:06 PM, CAT5 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Despite insulting your favorite lynch. song you still gave some awesome advice, CAT! Thank you. :)  I resign as of now and will work on bettering my music taste lmao. On a serious note, this year has been about cutting out the people I class as 'emotional vampires'. Those who just take all my resources, whether they realise it or not.

Spoiler

These are just some of the questions we can ask ourselves when examining those in our lives worthy of being considered a friend. Always look at the fruits! Now if their only fruit is the fact they're always around during fun/good/happy times, yet they're ghost in times of affliction or they flee at any sign of discomfort - well, you pretty much know what to expect then 

What surprised me is that the people who I put in the category of "just here for the fun parts" are the ones who came through to support me the most in the past week or so. So now I'm having to re-evaluate those closest to me who I thought of as 'best friends'. Life is an ever changing bitch, but as you said, you live, learn and adapt! I'm starting to realise that all the time and emotional effort I put into cheering so called friends should be spent on myself instead, so I can focus on my own success. So often we spend our energy on minding other people, supporting and elevating family and friends and we can completely forget about ourselves. So those are my words of wisdom of the day. 

Spoiler

I'm disappointed with my coping skills. Life is unfair and mean to everyone. I need to get my shit together and stop focusing on how increasingly awful everything is. It's out of my control, I don't need to be making things worse for the people in my life just because I'm in pain.

I'm being suffocated by all these holidays of plastic junk. When I go to the shop, in order to survive since not like there's any other place to get food while you're in a city specifically in order to survive both winter and abet starvation alike, my fucking apples and cabbages are being strangled by the sights and sounds made out of shit shipped over from some third world shit hole that's being kept a shit-hole in perpetuum in order continue keep the ships of rubbish afloat and running for the benefit of the endless accumulation of garbage. Rotting from inside, the buildings in erosion and on my way to work I count the empty bottles on the sidewalk and wonder what sort of masochistic affection I have towards all life's nonsense that I just don't drink every day out of spite, but instead eat lentils and broccoli and go to gym to keep a healthy libido to fuck until my designated decline and end. One tries to find beauty somewhere, and yet is crippled by acute self-awareness and unable to convince oneself that such exists in anything but illusion and in consciously compromising ones critical faculties. What will I do when I can't even shit by my own damn self, and when I finally resign myself all my hopes of dissolving within cracks of the social fabric and unravelling it from the inside and bury them before me like a son sent home from the battlefield.

I've been trying to figure out whether the world was at least a modicum more tolerable before American culture shat all over it and deprived civilisation of its last vestiges of pride & dignity, only to realise that the only difference now is that we're just too self-aware to be proud of anything, and anyone putting themselves in front of a gun was probably just overcompensating because he was molested or lacked physical connection with a parent during early infancy. 

In my family there's a child, not ours but one taken in out of good will and philantrophy -this is a lie-, who's on the steady downward spiral that are usually being met by those from similar backgrounds of deprivation and abuse. I try to look into his eyes to find something there, a shred of humanity or compassion, and all I'm able to see is just painfully dull; so achingly dull in fact that I don't even care as we descend together into the usual petty crime, which has already begun, and with age comes alcoholism and drug abuse leading either to death or religious conversion. I remember at a class reunion years ago when one of my classmates had gotten back to the straight and narrow after having sniffed enough glue to have Jesus himself manifest in front of his eyes was wondering whether tattoos would be okay for one in with the Lord. Unfortunately I couldn't say, and in my mind I tried to admire animal vigour it takes to go so deep in such a thing, but I got bored even just half-way into the thought. 

Convictions and conversions don't come easy. I could still bank in on some cataclysmic event to come along and shake up mine foundations and give some raison detre along my way, and I suppose in living the lifestyle I did, and to an extent still do, it was definitely on its way in some form. Almost a month back being drunk as I was I tried to straddle my way home in the middle of the night I was accosted by a back alley robber & adventurer possibly angered by something I had said before in the pub nearby, and in defense of my honor and belongings I engage in ill-conceived battle which I promptly went on to lose catastrophically. The first punch I caught while on straight feet, and as I was keeling over I remember being as joyous as I ever was that at least something was fucking going on in my life finally. Nevertheless, after putting up a less than commendable effort I take a few more punches for my efforts and being off my arse drunk as I was, I am left shaking my first and shouting as he takes of with my bag in victory. Trying to compose myself I come to realise i'm concussed, and the blood coming out of my mouth isn't helping either, I start vomiting profusely and next thing I know I wake up in a hospital in a foreign country where no one naturally speaks any English. After foiling my attempts at leaving politely by vomiting some more while trying to provide proof of my sobriety, I hatch a plot of daring escape where waiting for the nurses to be at the furthest edges of the two adjoining rooms; and so I run off for freedom through accumulating numbers of doors and identical rooms of seemingly no purpose whatsoever. As I make it to freedom, taking in a long, well-deserved breath of fresh big city air, I miraculously manage to navigate my living corpse to my lodgings covered in blood and vomit with barely even a quarter of my faculties left bearing with me. 

Coming home I collapse on the bed and still, incredibly enough with the rush of violence well past behind me, I couldn't care less. About this life, about this world nor about anyone residing in it. There are fireworks going off outside, and I'm supposed to go the New year's party at my work place and I don't want to. I'm hoping to get ill before I have to go so that I'll at least have an excuse and won't feel bad about lying. I got one hour left. 

Edited by Disposable