zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

1 hour ago, Biopanda said:

Can't believe Juka horny on main

at least it's not girls eating shit anymore, it's girls washing cars now ;o

Playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time since it was on sale on Steam and I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Was a little bored at first, but it's finally starting to get exciting now that I'm getting to the Sephiroth part. 

Can't help feeling like the graphics look super dated compared to Final Fantasy III/VI, though, which is the only other FF game I've ever played besides Tactics Advance. Although maybe that's just because I love that game so much.

Edited by violetchain

On 8/11/2018 at 10:29 PM, violetchain said:

Playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time since it was on sale on Steam and I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Was a little bored at first, but it's finally starting to get exciting now that I'm getting to the Sephiroth part. 

Can't help feeling like the graphics look super dated compared to Final Fantasy III/VI, though, which is the only other FF game I've ever played besides Tactics Advance. Although maybe that's just because I love that game so much.

FF VII did NOT age well at all. I'm trying so hard to push through the slow start, but these graphics, man... If there's one thing that tends to not age gracefully is CG/3D stuff.

today my distant crush and i coincidentally wore matching plaid shirts today and it was kinda embarrassing but then i felt more happy and my heart beat a little

i wish i could talk to her.....

this is also my first time having such a crush on a girl, i didn't know i had this gayness in me until she showed up

on another note, i wish someone would make dinner for me for once. my parents are still so traditional that everybody has to sit at the table for dinner ughh and i'm usually the one who has to cook dinner.......i'm so tired of this

Calling it now 2020-2030 Genres:

• Some bastardized electronic version of crunk called Nu-Crunk or Post-Crunk. The dirty south rises again.
  • Vaporwave/Millenniumwave will evolve to cover 2000s trends mainly using New Age, Trance, UK Garage, and Madchester. Instead of slowed down Diana Ross it's sped up Enya. Aesthetic is based in post-modern late 90s-00s design with a lots of silver and 2.5D logos.
  • As we ascend to greater levels of irony, butt-rock/post-grunge, once considered the laughing stock of music genres, gets revived in some form or fashion through a meme. 
  • As marijuana gets legalized nationwide in the US,  70s culture revival starts to happen. Some new psychedelic genre arises that's some amalgam of previous psychedelia genres.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Still kind of amazed that my favourite Japanese actor and Kj suddenly decided to star in a movie and record a song together. 

Yousuke is apparently going to be in a thriller series being made for Netflix and BBC next year as well, so I'm pretty excited that I'll be able to see something new he's in with subtitles. 

Still need to get around to Silence as well, but it seems like it'll be a really heavy watch and I've heard mixed reviews, so I've been a bit nervous about checking it out. 

i find it laughable when someone tries to play grammar nazi "just to help" but it's even funnier when even they can't do it right. smh.

believe it or not, there are people who have trouble speaking English; but that makes them all the more intelligent since they can at least communicate in another language other than their own. grammar nazis can eat my ass.

1 hour ago, suji said:

i find it laughable when someone tries to play grammar nazi "just to help" but it's even funnier when even they can't do it right. smh.

believe it or not, there are people who have trouble speaking English; but that makes them all the more intelligent since they can at least communicate in another language other than their own. grammar nazis can eat my ass.

i'm illiterate x 

On 8/26/2018 at 8:14 PM, colorfuljinsei said:

Calling it now 2020-2030 Genres:

• Some bastardized electronic version of crunk called Nu-Crunk or Post-Crunk. The dirty south rises again.
  • Vaporwave/Millenniumwave will evolve to cover 2000s trends mainly using New Age, Trance, UK Garage, and Madchester. Instead of slowed down Diana Ross it's sped up Enya. Aesthetic is based in post-modern late 90s-00s design with a lots of silver and 2.5D logos.
  • As we ascend to greater levels of irony, butt-rock/post-grunge, once considered the laughing stock of music genres, gets revived in some form or fashion through a meme. 
  • As marijuana gets legalized nationwide in the US,  70s culture revival starts to happen. Some new psychedelic genre arises that's some amalgam of previous psychedelia genres.

I agree but think I can see most of this in motion already. I mean modern underground electronic music is already where you are taking about. It's like subtle sad boy trance and broken beats with pop vocals. And stuff like SOPHIE and all that is kinda in that vane as well. Aesthetically the Y2k shit is def in already. 

I think surf rock is kinda coming back hard. At least at local DIY and punk bars in cleveland. Lots of hardcore punk bands seem to be going really strong. The grunge angle is def in. Bands like Cherry Glazer kinda represent that wave (Hedi Slimane YSL collections were already a few years ago).

I think that 70s worship is starting to hit for sure. I can't elaborate but I def get that vibe lately from a lot of different scenes.

Edited by Reiko

2 hours ago, Reiko said:

I agree but think I can see most of this in motion already. I mean modern underground electronic music is already where you are taking about. It's like subtle sad boy trance and broken beats with pop vocals. And stuff like SOPHIE and all that is kinda in that vane as well. Aesthetically the Y2k shit is def in already. 

I think surf rock is kinda coming back hard. At least at local DIY and punk bars in cleveland. Lots of hardcore punk bands seem to be going really strong. The grunge angle is def in. Bands like Cherry Glazer kinda represent that wave (Hedi Slimane YSL collections were already a few years ago).

I think that 70s worship is starting to hit for sure. I can't elaborate but I def get that vibe lately from a lot of different scenes.

Yea, I think it's harder to predict eras of music genres when everyone has become more opportunistic w/ different styles & genre fusion. I think compared to before, the internet has really bled everything together. I still can't shake off the feeling that there will be something completely unpredictable, but maybe we're past the point of distinctive music eras? Though music is heavily influenced by tech advancements, so I guess it will always be impossible to fully predict stuff like this (or we would've done so already.)

The Y2K revival stuff is def. going to be interesting as it evolves. 

im thankful for discovering Girugamesh back in the day cause that led me to the band Gilgamesh. like man.. music for my soul

ughhh, roommate and her friend is over hanging out in the kitchen and i'm really hungry right now but i don't want to try and make them leave lol......in other words i hate human interaction

our kitchen is really small btw so i can't even do anything while they're still in there

Edited by plastic_rainbow