zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

22 hours ago, violetchain said:

They were saying that the polls could be a bit off, since the methods they use don't usually measure votes from young people very accurately, but yeah it's not looking good.

Well, seems like the young people didn't vote anyway. Or too many of them were also drinking Ford kool-aid.

All hail the Ford dynasty.

My only comfort is E3 being this weekend so I can complain about video games instead.

1 hour ago, colorfuljinsei said:

R.I.P Anthony Bourdain you magnificent bastard.

I loved No Reservations and Parts Unknown T_T.

Me too...I've never had a true sadness about a "celeb" death before, and definitely had never had tears over one.
Although I guess I don't think he really counts for celebrity since he spoke his mind 95% of the time and especially in his books.
I just wish he'd left some sort of reason why, we all can easily speculate but now we'll never really know. Really depressing, I guess it's the only way he could find peace. RIP man.

3 hours ago, karai · ebi said:

Me too...I've never had a true sadness about a "celeb" death before, and definitely had never had tears over one.
Although I guess I don't think he really counts for celebrity since he spoke his mind 95% of the time and especially in his books.
I just wish he'd left some sort of reason why, we all can easily speculate but now we'll never really know. Really depressing, I guess it's the only way he could find peace. RIP man.

I always admired how candid, yet appreciative he was about other cultures. Everything he did felt so "embedded" and didn't feel like some run-of-the-mill travel 101 show- it was a heart-to-heart (albeit a jaded one, haha). I was never one for stories about the culinary world, but I'm tempted to read "Kitchen Confidential" just to pick at his brain again.

36 minutes ago, Alkaloid said:

This and that reply chain... Already love these meme bois

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Found something I finally may want to do my masters degree in but I question where I'll use it in the future and how far it'll get me. 

It's East Asian Studies with a language pathway included, you study the politics, social aspects and economic background of China, Japan and Thailand whilst learning one of the three languages.

I. Just. Don't. KNOW.

9 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Found something I finally may want to do my masters degree in but I question where I'll use it in the future and how far it'll get me. 

It's East Asian Studies with a language pathway included, you study the politics, social aspects and economic background of China, Japan and Thailand whilst learning one of the three languages.

I. Just. Don't. KNOW.

I would imagine there's a lot of academic and official purposes for a degree like that.

My rule is always to do it because I like it, then worry about where it'll get me... Some might say it's an awful way to live by, but if I were to study something just for the sake of money/career prospects/etc. I would've done Med school or law, NOT Games Art and I would've probably killed myself already. The world is really vast, there's tons of different and new career paths that didn't exist 20 years ago, so I think there is a lot more freedom to choose something you enjoy.

ALSO once you start studying, you're probably going to meet different people in your field and they'll show you possibilities that you didn't know existed. You just won't know until you open that door.

-------------

I was going through a huge crisis thinking what I was going to do with my degree since I didn't want to go into the games industry as an artist, then, randomly while doing some games related work I found out about this career path that mixes psychology (also a passion of mine) and games and I just had this light bulb moment where I just knew what I wanted to do in life career wise. Or at least try. It took me like...six months? I'm pretty happy and I haven't even applied for any jobs lol I'm just glad to have a vague direction to strive towards.

15 hours ago, platy said:

I would imagine there's a lot of academic and official purposes for a degree like that.

Reveal hidden contents

My rule is always to do it because I like it, then worry about where it'll get me... Some might say it's an awful way to live by, but if I were to study something just for the sake of money/career prospects/etc. I would've done Med school or law, NOT Games Art and I would've probably killed myself already. The world is really vast, there's tons of different and new career paths that didn't exist 20 years ago, so I think there is a lot more freedom to choose something you enjoy.

ALSO once you start studying, you're probably going to meet different people in your field and they'll show you possibilities that you didn't know existed. You just won't know until you open that door.

-------------

I was going through a huge crisis thinking what I was going to do with my degree since I didn't want to go into the games industry as an artist, then, randomly while doing some games related work I found out about this career path that mixes psychology (also a passion of mine) and games and I just had this light bulb moment where I just knew what I wanted to do in life career wise. Or at least try. It took me like...six months? I'm pretty happy and I haven't even applied for any jobs lol I'm just glad to have a vague direction to strive towards.

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! I guess I just want to be super sure I want to do it. It's tempting because you don't even have to know the language, they say it's the correct pathway if you're interested in learning a language. You just study the politics and such of China, Japan, and Thailand PLUS you get to choose whether you want to learn Chinese, Japanese or Thai (I'd obviously pick Japanese XD), however, I don't know how much Japanese you could learn in just a year. The grade requirement is a 2:1 in a degree that's relevant, and I'm assuming broadcast journalism fits with politics and such.

I hope you get to pursue your desired career! It must be pretty technical if it mixes games and psychology, what is it that you want to pursue if you don't mind me asking?

IZ34BES.gif

u can rly guesstimate this ninjas name is Matt (42/M/Pan) and he is buddhist, a feminist, looking for a loving mom for his two sons (but traps r welcome too!! sorry masculine-presenting folx!!) also ethically non-monogamous and open-minded

if we're keeping it 150% real i'm making this just to hit 400 posts and seemingly get the Coveted Orange Name?

edit: omg i finally got it, yey

Edited by returnal

10 hours ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! I guess I just want to be super sure I want to do it. It's tempting because you don't even have to know the language, they say it's the correct pathway if you're interested in learning a language. You just study the politics and such of China, Japan, and Thailand PLUS you get to choose whether you want to learn Chinese, Japanese or Thai (I'd obviously pick Japanese XD), however, I don't know how much Japanese you could learn in just a year. The grade requirement is a 2:1 in a degree that's relevant, and I'm assuming broadcast journalism fits with politics and such.

I hope you get to pursue your desired career! It must be pretty technical if it mixes games and psychology, what is it that you want to pursue if you don't mind me asking?

It depends on the quality of the course, but in a year if you studied your ass off I guess you could learn quite a few kanji + have a good conversational level. Go for it! If it turns out you don't enjoy it, you can be transferred to another degree or try again the following year. You won't know 'till you try.

The career I was talking about is Game User Experience Researcher. I have no idea if I'd enjoy it in the long term and I might be biting more than I can chew since they usually ask for a background in Computer Science from applicants. Worth a try anyway 😁

11 hours ago, platy said:

It depends on the quality of the course, but in a year if you studied your ass off I guess you could learn quite a few kanji + have a good conversational level. Go for it! If it turns out you don't enjoy it, you can be transferred to another degree or try again the following year. You won't know 'till you try.

The career I was talking about is Game User Experience Researcher. I have no idea if I'd enjoy it in the long term and I might be biting more than I can chew since they usually ask for a background in Computer Science from applicants. Worth a try anyway 😁

The course I want is at the best university in my city, University of Leeds (Princess Kako of Akishino, granddaughter of Emperor Akihito, actually just finished studying there a couple of days ago! It was big news for the UK!) So I assume the courses are all highly regarded with great lecturers too! 

That sounds really interesting, and also fun! Aim for it, work for it and I'm sure you'll get a positive outcome! And there's nothing to say you can't take a course in computer science in your spare time!

life's doin a bit of a suck. haven't been on mh in forever, dog was euthanized on thursday, this semester has been SHIT but at least next week is my exams and then i'm done. Boy

My bf is pissing me off. She's gona have me hear it for MONTHS how we should have gone to Japan in September instead of August just so she could avoid the weather and see lack.co
bitch, no, I'm organizing this whole trip, taking care of everything and will probably cover part of your expenses, quit whining and be thankful I'm taking you with me and be thankful my office agreed to give me 3 weeks off instead of 1. It is not my fault you want to move to Spain so badly and won't be able to return to Japan for years.

She's also sulking because I dont want to miss a band I love just to go with her all the way to Osaka to a shitty ギャロ taiban. Fuck no, I really dislike that band. Ugh.
Ranting here because it's the only place she can't read.

Guys, never travel with friends.

ughh looking for housing you can't view cuz of distance is really hard....

why does the university i'm planning to go to have to be so far away from home :'/

not planning to do campus housing cuz that's obviously the more expensive choice and tuition for art universities is already expensive enough....

question...

- why is p*trik trying to kiss ass with my favorite youtuber?

- how the fuck is he verified??????

- WHY DO I SEE THIS FUCKER EVERYWHERE????????

I'm not really one to judge people but, can you not? People are going to call me an abuse sympathizer but w/e people still defend Kisaki of all people so why not? Please stop celebrating XXXTenatacion's death like this is good what happened to him, and alot of people base that off the fact that his First charge(s) from his Ex-Girlfriend Geneva, which were false because she openly admitted that she lied on him about the abuse. Also with the Jail incident, I guess people don't get the fact that they were in prison...where you get raped btw but no sis, preach on about how he was homophobic and all that bs. Look im not saying he's an angel but he sure as hell doesn't deserve all this backlash and slander,  he's dead. For people to celebrate his death truly sickens me, because THE SAME exact people would be crying rivers if Chris Brown died and he BEAT RIHANNA SIS LIKE...euagh. Im not trying to incite bs, all im saying is, have atleast a SHRED of decency, fuck.

Edited by Aferni

I thought I meant something to her. I thought that for the first time in my life I actually had a friend. Nah, apparently I'm still just a piece of trash that can be ditched and thrown away however she pleases. Promises and plans don't matter. It doesn't matter that we haven't seen each other in over six months and after this summer there will be very few possibilities for us to ever see each other again. She's made it pretty clear that she has better friends and better things to do. Oh well. Then again why am I even surprised anymore.

...could you imagine POIDOL w/ early-ViViD-era Shin's vocals... (Nana sounds like he's forcing out notes all the time.)

They would be an unstoppable "generic kei" force. 

Alright, time to listen to 睡蓮人 for the millionth time ;_; ...

(When did "generic kei" become a term anyway, lol...b/c it kinda works)

Edited by colorfuljinsei

18 hours ago, Aferni said:

I'm not really one to judge people but, can you not? People are going to call me an abuse sympathizer but w/e people still defend Kisaki of all people so why not? Please stop celebrating XXXTenatacion's death like this is good what happened to him, and alot of people base that off the fact that his First charge(s) from his Ex-Girlfriend Geneva, which were false because she openly admitted that she lied on him about the abuse. Also with the Jail incident, I guess people don't get the fact that they were in prison...where you get raped btw but no sis, preach on about how he was homophobic and all that bs. Look im not saying he's an angel but he sure as hell doesn't deserve all this backlash and slander,  he's dead. For people to celebrate his death truly sickens me, because THE SAME exact people would be crying rivers if Chris Brown died and he BEAT RIHANNA SIS LIKE...euagh. Im not trying to incite bs, all im saying is, have atleast a SHRED of decency, fuck.

dnw your psychopath has enough grieving devoted stans, I never realized soundcloud maniacs get this much clout

kiii @ u comparing a jailed criminal to Kisaki tho, can't wait for the latter getting a similar write-up by 週刊文春 (even tho I'm not sure they still care about semi-retired indie scene darling)

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/the-real-story-of-rapper-xxxtentacion-10410980

Edited by nekkichi