zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

15 minutes ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Ever since they renamed the green tea latte at Starbucks to "matcha green tea latte" (w/ pre-sweetened powder) every single one comes out looking like some poor-ass lookin' algae nesquik concoction.  I know they can't use the shakers w/ it b/c sanitary/allergy reasons but damn, I'm sad. 

I used to work there...and I'd be more worried about all the crusty rotten milk residue that I saw left in mixers / cans / pitchers, and dust / skin particles left on the dried fruits and powders when I wasn't the one on cleaning duty. That and the mystery stinky glop from the back that goes into all the fraps, that's supposedly the 'magic' ingredient. Really nasty stuff I'll never drink or eat from there again lol.
Sorry it's probably some unwarranted input, but anytime I see things about Sfux I go a little bananas. 😔

2 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

I used to work there...and I'd be more worried about all the crusty rotten milk residue that I saw left in mixers / cans / pitchers, and dust / skin particles left on the dried fruits and powders when I wasn't the one on cleaning duty. That and the mystery stinky glop from the back that goes into all the fraps, that's supposedly the 'magic' ingredient. Really nasty stuff I'll never drink or eat from there again lol.
Sorry it's probably some unwarranted input, but anytime I see things about Sfux I go a little bananas. 😔

Well, at least I'm not dead yet. Luckily the Cafe Mori powder I have is pretty good too.

WE rECENtLY UPDaTED OUr PrIvACY poLICy and termS OF use to cOMPLy WITh tHE EuRopeAN UNIOn's gEneRal DATa prOTECTiON REGulatiON (gDpR).

(In all seriousness, I'm glad a lot of these services are rolling out these changes to cover everyone and not just EU users, and it makes sense since doing otherwise wouldn't be viable anyway.)

Edited by colorfuljinsei

So far, Nagoya might be my new least favourite place in Japan, the only thing I like is my hotel. At least this part of the city I’m in is shit.

Every human to exist should go to Naoshima tho

It's rather ridiculous how scared and panicky I get because of blood. I managed to get a small wound on my hand today and even though I got the bleeding stopped fairly quickly I was still on the verge of fainting and had to just sit on my kitchen's floor for quite a while to calm down and try to stay somewhat conscious. It was a pretty terrible feeling.

The funny thing is I'm totally okay with even pretty disturbingly gore-y movies, games and whatnot videos but if I see my own blood I immediately feel like I'm gonna die or something. Not cool.

I've only had to partially face the brunt of this myself, but I'm really sympathetic towards the friends/family-friends that have to deal being compared to others in the Asian-American "circle". It's unsurprising when you lose touch w/ all these people, when everyone around them's fixation is how much you're making and asking why he or she has a gf/bf/spouse that's not their own race.

I want to reach out sometimes, but I got enough on my plate atm and I wouldn't even know how to contact them.

Y'all need to stop driving your own kids away, they're FULLY GROWN ADULTS.

I start my new job tomorrow and continue car shopping after getting off work... I’m really nervous about it all so I asked my book of answers and my tarot cards if everything will be ok. I got good answers, but I’m STILL nervous... maybe I’ll consult my dice and see if I get a good roll lol

Just had the weirdest moment. I was looking up a VK guy, and I saw that he used to be a host, so I was scanning through some other hosts on the site just out of curiosity, and while I was still on the first page, I saw a face that I was sure I recognized. 

Then I looked at his profile, and his birthday and city both line up with the drummer from a pop punk band I love - I'm like 90% sure it's him. The resemblance is ridiculous if it's not.

I guess he's got the looks for it. Kinda surprised though, since he usually comes off as the type that would go out of his way to avoid dressing up. Then again, it seems like he didn't stick with it for very long. He doesn't seem to be on the club's website anymore and searching around for more info didn't really bring up any results. 

Still, what are the odds.

Embarrassed to realise that if I had to name one thing that makes me nostalgic it's Utada Hikaru's 'Flavor of Life' and 'ドラマ'

Today is election day for Ontario. We're almost certainly going to elect a pseudo-Trump to lead us. Yaaaaaaay.

(If you remember Toronto's crackhead mayor Rob Ford from a few years ago, well, the pseudo-Trump is his brother, Doug Ford)

This timeline sucks.

1 hour ago, peffy said:

Today is election day for Ontario. We're almost certainly going to elect a pseudo-Trump to lead us. Yaaaaaaay.

(If you remember Toronto's crackhead mayor Rob Ford from a few years ago, well, the pseudo-Trump is his brother, Doug Ford)

This timeline sucks.

They were saying that the polls could be a bit off, since the methods they use don't usually measure votes from young people very accurately, but yeah it's not looking good.

I'm  DJing a house party this weekend, but I haven't touched my turntables in like 2 months. Thanks V kei.