zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

17 minutes ago, AliceParanoid said:

I know - but it's still ironic af when ecspecailly gays/lesbians ect. who are thereselve a minitory are against people who are different then them. 
Like they know the struggles and all and still zone them out just for beeing Trans or making fun of them for beeing asexual or other stuff.
I can't understand such people lol. 

Those kinds of people want the world to revolve around them, want throngs of people doting on their every word, and want to be important and influential. They see a rising movement associated with them, latch themselves to it, maybe even define themselves by it...but when a couple of verbs are changed and suddenly there's something else that they aren't a part of, they can't handle it because it takes away from their self-perceived shine and importance. They need to be on top. They must be on top and if you don't agree there is something wrong with you. It's a paradoxical mix of ego and lack of self-esteem, exacerbated by social media, blog posts, and algorithms that lock these people together in insular, online bubbles.

For the record this isn't just about LGBT. It can be associated with any movement where the minority wants to make their voices heard and then the crazy minority within them attempts to hijack discourse to butter their croutons.

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

There's SO many lgbt people telling me there is something wrong with me for being asexual and telling me it's unnatural to not want sex...

like, you'd think they would be more open towards other minorities but I get more shit from them than from straight people .___.

The LGBT community has a lot of gatekeeping and prejudice. It's not all  support and kindness like some would think and just like heterosexuals, there are those who will tell you who does or doesn't belong in the community (and everyone has a different opinion about this) and what criteria they should or shouldn't meet to join the club. It gets messy, so my advice to you is ignore everything people may say and just do WHATEVER  the FUCK you wanna do. You'll be a lot happier :)

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

Those kinds of people want the world to revolve around them, want throngs of people doting on their every word, and want to be important and influential. They see a rising movement associated with them, latch themselves to it, maybe even define themselves by it...but when a couple of verbs are changed and suddenly there's something else that they aren't a part of, they can't handle it because it takes away from their self-perceived shine and importance. They need to be on top. They must be on top and if you don't agree there is something wrong with you. It's a paradoxical mix of ego and lack of self-esteem, exacerbated by social media, blog posts, and algorithms that lock these people together in insular, online bubbles.

For the record this isn't just about LGBT. It can be associated with any movement where the minority wants to make their voices heard and then the crazy minority within them attempts to hijack discourse to butter their croutons.

I know what you mean, but in this case it was directly about LGBT people, like Komorebi wrote. I know that's Heterosexuals ect. can be like this aswell. 

10 minutes ago, AliceParanoid said:

I know what you mean, but in this case it was directly about LGBT people, like Komorebi wrote. I know that's Heterosexuals ect. can be like this aswell. 

Oh I know. A side effect of being part of the "woke generation" is that I can see the ugly patterns mirrored across all these social justice campaigns. That's why I can't jive with most of them. From #BlackLivesMatter to #MeToo, there will always be a loud minority that seek not equality, but to flip the status quo and become the oppressor on their own terms. Disclaimers stop the egomaniacs from missing the point and twisting my words to make it all about them.

On 26/01/2018 at 8:54 PM, Zeus said:

Oh I know. A side effect of being part of the "woke generation" is that I can see the ugly patterns mirrored across all these social justice campaigns. That's why I can't jive with most of them. From #BlackLivesMatter to #MeToo, there will always be a loud minority that seek not equality, but to flip the status quo and become the oppressor on their own terms. Disclaimers stop the egomaniacs from missing the point and twisting my words to make it all about them.

This is also why the feminist movement nowadays has such a strong opposition against it; because a loud minority has made it their personal objective to not gain equality between genders, but to oppress men. There are way too many examples of this, like how women can hit men if they're being assholes, but if a guy slaps a girl because she's a bitch that's domestic abuse. And mind you, neither are acceptable, but that's not how some extreme feminazis see it. I'd rather not associate myself with said people as an honest feminist who genuinely wishes nothing more than equal opportunities within both sexes. 

Why can't someone already invent some kind of a teleporting device that would teleport the goods you've bought from an online shop straight to your home immediately. I'd really need that kinda thing.

DUvYk-IU0AA-HNZ.jpgDUxTA4lXkAAqKMo.jpg:large

I'm not necessarily a proponent of diversity for diversity's sake when it comes to fiction. For instance, Game Of Thrones' outstanding lack of melanin has never once prevented me from tuning in with wide-eyed amazement every Sunday @9pm sharp, and Hogwarts not being located in Africa hasn't made Harry Potter any less enjoyable. I'm much more concerned with the quality of the creation rather than details like race that I'd otherwise consider vain. YET...actually seeing a big hollywood superhero film with a predominantly black cast (of actual great actors) doesn't feel trivial or vain to me at all. I could go into the myriad reasons for this, but I'll spare you all (and myself) that dissertation. Suffice to say that this is just pretty damn refreshing.

@CAT5can we also talk about how refreshing it is that this isn't set in some major American city.(edit :and the unexplored potential of so many other places in the world as a fantasy setting. )  This movie is just a sight for sore eyes (or tired minds?) and apparently it's been getting really good reviews after the premiere. Can't wait to see it. 

5 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I'm not necessarily a proponent of diversity for diversity's sake when it comes to fiction. For instance, Game Of Thrones' outstanding lack of melanin has never once prevented me from tuning in with wide-eyed amazement every Sunday @9pm sharp, and Hogwarts not being located in Africa hasn't made Harry Potter any less enjoyable. I'm much more concerned with the quality of the creation rather than details like race that I'd otherwise consider vain. YET...actually seeing a big hollywood superhero film with a predominantly black cast (of actual great actors) doesn't feel trivial or vain to me at all. I could go into the myriad reasons for this, but I'll spare you all (and myself) that dissertation. Suffice to say that this is just pretty damn refreshing.

I agree but maybe our reasons are different. These are mine.

The argument for more diversity in media is that it reflects real life. But once again, people confuse diversity for flipping the status quo. There's nothing wrong with a show featuring a majority white cast if that's what the story calls for.  There's nothing wrong with a show featuring a majority black cast if that's what the story calls for.  There's nothing wrong with a show featuring a majority asian cast if that's what the story calls for. Game of Thrones was written in 1996, inspired heavily by English history and especially The War of The Roses. Of course it's going to feature mostly white people! It should not matter as long as the show is good, and it is a very good adaptation. It's refreshing to see things like Black Panther but representation in media is not some zero-sum game where some group has to suffer. That's such an archaic and outmoded way of looking at the world.

Gonorrhea Gorgonzola,  Gonorrhea Gorgonzola, Single Files of Clean feedings. 

I want to delete so many people off my Facebook , but then I have to justify why I removed them if they find out.

Then again, why the fuck do I care?

Fucking hate you Facebook. Now I can't even get rid of people.

I remember now why I don't use it lol.

I'm eating popcorn now and I remembered a dad joke that goes like : What did the baby corn say to its mom? Pop corn. Deep shit, man XD

Edited by Triangle

I should've believed the memes and gone to an actual university instead of this goddamn playschool also known as university of applied sciences. It's seriously just a waste of time... What am I even doing there. Certainly not learning anything, that's for sure.