zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

19 hours ago, jiji94 said:

I'm confused as to why they have so many international fans though because they seem pretty indie. 

They were based in Berlin for a while (or maybe they still are now?), and they were being promoted overseas by HIGHFeeL/REALive, who organize a lot of concerts in Europe. 

https://highfeel.jp/2016/11/10/plasticzooms2017/

Edited by violetchain

7 hours ago, violetchain said:

They were based in Berlin for a while (or maybe they still are now?), and they were being promoted overseas by HIGHFeeL/REALive, who organize a lot of concerts in Europe. 

https://highfeel.jp/2016/11/10/plasticzooms2017/

Ooh thanks! I thought so, I saw something mentioned about Berlin and that they did a European tour before. 

It's too bad some of their newer work isn't available on Spotify (I just downloaded it finally but I'm disappointed, 60% of what I listen to regularly isn't available lol or on itunes).

Edited by jiji94

hey hey hey does anyone who can read japanese or knows how buying tickets to lives work wanna help me figure out how to buy a potential live ticket/help me fricking translate this page I'm looking at because I'd like to see Frederic in Kobe next year. 

Oh nvmd, my friend translated for me and it's impossible. *cries* lol

Edited by jiji94

On 12/7/2017 at 11:03 PM, jiji94 said:

So I started listening to PLASTICZOOMS after YT must've recommended them to me at least a hundred times. lol I'm not exactly sure how I feel about their music but somehow I *really* like them. Although I can't stop laughing over how much Sho looks like a more hipster version of Ryutaro (also he's openly bi? That's pretty cool). I'm really, really attracted to Tom's legs. I have never learnt so much about a band so fast in like, years. I'm confused as to why they have so many international fans though because they seem pretty indie. 

ive heard the sho/ryutaro comparison more than once but tbh i never seen any similarities between them. other than the great taste in dressing in all black

also throwback to this tweet i made

I hate winter so much. I'm okay with the coldness and snow but I'm not okay with the darkness and ice and slipperiness everywhere. I get so damn depressed and sad and gloomy and energyless and tired every winter because of the darkness. And the winter and darkness here lasts freaking forever.

It was so goddamn slippery outside today again I already fell down once and almost fell down like three times while I was outside for ten minutes. I have no idea how I'm even gonna get to school alive tomorrow. I'm not very interested in walking 3km along those ice-covered streets in complete darkness in the morning and walking those 3km back home again in the late afternoon when it's already gotten dark again. I hate this winter and I hate this country and I hate this city.

Can I just go to sleep and wake up when it's spring again?

5 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I hate winter so much. I'm okay with the coldness and snow but I'm not okay with the darkness and ice and slipperiness everywhere. I get so damn depressed and sad and gloomy and energyless and tired every winter because of the darkness. And the winter and darkness here lasts freaking forever.

Same here. Winter just started and I already wish it were spring already.

6 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

It was so goddamn slippery outside today again I already fell down once and almost fell down like three times while I was outside for ten minutes. I have no idea how I'm even gonna get to school alive tomorrow. I'm not very interested in walking 3km along those ice-covered streets in complete darkness in the morning and walking those 3km back home again in the late afternoon when it's already gotten dark again. I hate this winter and I hate this country and I hate this city.

Can I just go to sleep and wake up when it's spring again?

I feel this. I can't get comfortable in this cold and it slows me down so much.

No matter what I wear I'm still freezing. I hate it. 

17 hours ago, Chi said:

ive heard the sho/ryutaro comparison more than once but tbh i never seen any similarities between them. other than the great taste in dressing in all black

also throwback to this tweet i made

It's the hair but they definitely look a lot more like that band. lol

Cutting myself from you is a weakness that would surely kill me, but the feeling of being free is something I want so much more.

Can I live with that emptiness inside, capable of finally filling it in with someone new?

The bitter coffee I drink now is a painful pleasure that reminds me to stay grounded, as losing myself is an option that no longer exists.

Something warm to prolong the inevitable case of a cold heart.

What I feel right now is a push against something that has long pierced what is not there, I'm sorry to say.

I forget sometimes myself.

bullshit like this makes me wanna drop out of college, like...seriously 😐🔫

update: things got settled. i'm glad luck is usually on my side. i need some alcohol.

oh god, now I'm crying over everything

Experiencing crushing loneliness this holiday season. I know I'm extremely comfortable being single but my situation doesn't help alieve the loneliness. I don't live near any of my friends anymore and I don't get out often except to go to work. Not feeling particularly down about that as much as I did when I first got into this situation but still... I'm lonely. I want to get out and meet people but that won't be my reality for several more months.

Also, like, going on a date. I just want to experience a date with no expectations. How do people meet people to date. Anytime I've tried I get rejected. lol Which is fine. 

Edited by jiji94

I've been living on my own for about six months now and I still mostly manage to fuck up whatever I try to cook. It almost amazes me how I manage to make even the easiest things so inedible.

I'm hungry and sad.

13 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I've been living on my own for about six months now and I still mostly manage to fuck up whatever I try to cook. It almost amazes me how I manage to make even the easiest things so inedible.

I'm hungry and sad.

I know you said 6 months but cooking takes a long time to master and lots of patience. Lots and lots of patience. Try changing the rhythm you do things and practice making the most simple pasta dish from a recipe. Do it slowly until you're good at it. 

^That is good advice. I used to be absolutely hopeless at cooking meat, but a few months ago I made chicken breast using a recipe that explained exactly how long to leave it in the pan, when to cover it, etc. and it basically changed my life. Same thing with stovetop popcorn. 

It sounds ridiculous, but using a recipe for even the simplest things at first and following the steps precisely makes a big difference.

Edited by violetchain

chicken is very hard to get wrong; pork is a bit more complicated, but still relatively easy;

BvLI6H6.gif

beef takes so much effort that I never bother with it tbh (unless the recipe calls for minced), it's easier to just order it elsewhere instead of wasting presh kitchen time

Vt7yiz8.gif

however, this doesn't help alleviating flashbacks of the cute cowsies slayedT to fulfill our carnivorous pleasures, therefore I only get it like once a year at best orz

Vt7yiz8.gif

does anyone else hate the insta-edited 60 seconds long recipes that unfold into 2++ hours of internal screaming, dishwashing excluded?

I found this to be incredibly insightful. Seriously worth watching if you're genuinely interested in the condition and plight of the so-called 'African-American', or if you've ever wondered "wow, what the hell is up with these people!!??".

k I thought I liked someone, then realized nah, I have feelings for an anti-capitalist farmer boy who has good taste in music. Maybe. Idk. What are feelings. 

One of the things I've struggled with fairly recently is being happy for someone who I do not personally care for.

It's a weird sensation of feeling two different, and often contrasting, emotions at once. The biggest struggle is not the ability to do so (a lot harder for me to not feel something, rather than getting myself to have some sort of expression), but to not convince myself that I should feel guilty about it. 

"This person was bad. Why are you celebrating something good in their life?"

I think part of being able to let go is being at peace with this duality. It is okay to remove yourself from a person while also not wishing them harm. At the same time, wishing them well and being happy for their victories is not an invite to allow them into your life and harm you again.

The situation I'm vague blogging about is my ex's sister. I've never actually met her, but from the few interactions I've had around her have not been positive. She's married to some son-of-a-super-church-owner or something in Colorado, making tons of money selling faith (this is an incredibly weighted, but different, issue, but I'm more sharing this for the context of her character). When she was getting married, she invited me because ~she had to~; she later called him to rescind the invitation. "He'd make other guests uncomfortable," she said.

Needless to say I was pretty upset. I asked him to get her to change her mind. Eventually she did, but I was told to act like his friend, rather than his significant other (again, to not ruin the experience for the other guests). At that point, I uninvited myself and said it was not worth the hassle. I came out once and had no intention of revisiting that experience, so I just didn't go.

---Today---

She had a baby. I am not on speaking terms with my ex, and I don't talk to any of his friends or relatives simply because I have nothing to say to them, and I definitely do not speak to her. However, I am still happy that she had her baby without any issue. I saw a few pictures and she (her new daughter) looked cute, and I wish both of them the best.

So here I am, hours before I share Christmas with my current partner and his family before heading home, pondering about whether it is right or foolish that I am feeling like this. It's toxic to dwell over those who have been a source of pain in the past, but just as harmful to fully forget.

Ultimately, I will be okay, but I still don't like her.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

@Peace Heavy mk III get this so much. People struggle to understand that certain situations aren't just black or white. A certain person made years of my life a living hell and yet I never wanted any harm to come to them. All I wished for is that he'd be happy as far away as possible from me. Lately his life has started to improve and although I'm still getting over the damage he caused and he's out of my life completely and it will stay that way, I'm glad he's doing something positive for himself. I can't explain it, it just is and it's okay.