zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

My friends and exes both volunteered a lot after they moved to Canada. I think it definitely helped them a lot. My first boyfriend was pretty alone his first two years. He tried making friends with local guys but one guy confessed to me that he didn't want to be caught in public with him because "he dresses like a gay guy". Ugh. As well as other shit..

My friends were more the kids who didn't fit into a group or were cut out, but didn't exactly have local/Canadian friends. One of my Japanese best friends was afraid she would be excluded from the main group of Japanese girls if she went off and made her own friends, etc. My Chinese friends would get excluded from parties hosted by Korean and/or Japanese students because of the fact they were Chinese, etc. My M'sian ex and other friends being excluded because they weren't mainland Chinese or immigrated to Canada. Gosh, so many silly things I can think of. South Asian kids are pretty chill and accepting tho. There's a lot of shitty reasons people stick to just other students from their home countries. Less shitty reasons from peeps who move here long-term. I hung out a lot with the local Filipino community and it wasn't that they didn't want to go outside their comfort zone but a lot of people were older and unsure of how to do it, thought their English was poor, etc. Also the locals here are racist. lol

But seriously, fuck assimilation. lol Some of my friends get in really heated conversations about identity abroad and their issues with assimilation. I mean there's some things but for the most part, it's just... egh. 

Friends come and go at all hours and all minutes but hey at least I still have weed.

5 hours ago, jiji94 said:

My first boyfriend was pretty alone his first two years. He tried making friends with local guys but one guy confessed to me that he didn't want to be caught in public with him because "he dresses like a gay guy"

lmao het canadian trash, of course

Loving my country's legal system!!!!!! 

A dude got acquitted by a judge after rubbing dog shit on a 70 yo lady's face because the judge ruled he was acting out of self-defense after she had first supposedly chucked his chihuahua thru the air

We on some Dr. Phil-tier shit now

5 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised Trump hasn't been assassinated or something yet. 

Johnny Depp was wrong lmao. I just hope soon he will be impeached or some shit like that.

Yooo I don't know how to react to this, but I found out today a male coworker died late last week and I'm pretty sure it was the really handsome guy at my work. I'm in total shock.

Edited by jiji94

Did not expect this dude I've been talking to to be a L'Arc~en~Ciel fanboy. 

It's always kind of odd knowing I have mutuals with tofubeats because he's the senpai of some of my friends. I'm also pretty sure I have friends who know フレデリック personally. 

I found this oddly fascinating...

The age progression of Mana from 1990 until today-ish (2016). This channel's also made age progression vids for Gackt, Kamijo, Kyo, etc.

Shout out house god Galcher Lustwerk's L'arc shout out

@jiji94up until recently tofubeats followed me on twitter, i'm still not over him unfollowing 😭

Edited by returnal

@returnaloh man, really??  I found it odd when I searched for his page on FB and his FB account came up because I know friends of his from university. I mean granted he has lots of friends. Just kinda funny. One of his photographer friends keeps mass liking my instagram posts now and then.

I used to be followed by an entire indie band once until I deleted my old twitter account. 

Wait, why did Masato Kanai delete his instagram? I just noticed his account was deleted and can't remember the last time I checked his account. He'd been looking oddly different lately and I wasn't sure what was up with that but I literally can't find English info on his band. lol

Edited by jiji94

Watched about half of the Gantz:0 movie on Netflix last night, and then I noticed that Kuwabara had been written out of it and had to turn it off. 

That scene where he has sex with the alien when it takes the form of a bunch of regular-sized women joined in the shape of a giant woman is integral to the plot. I don't know why someone would make a movie about the Osaka mission without being prepared to animate that. They even cut out the part where the guys on the Osaka team shoot up before they go kill things and replaced it with a lot of awkward closeups of a guy smoking. :( 

I mean, if you're going to make a Gantz movie, it's pretty obvious that it's not going to be kid-friendly. Why take out all the random, over the top nonsense that makes Gantz what it is?

The monsters looked great, but they took all the fun out of the story.

I'm so tired I feel sick. I'm also hungry but even just thinking about eating something makes me nauseous. Why oh why do I always think that staying up until 5am and waking up at 8am is such a good idea though I know I'll feel like shit the whole day then.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:29 PM, violetchain said:

Watched about half of the Gantz:0 movie on Netflix last night, and then I noticed that Kuwabara had been written out of it and had to turn it off. 

That scene where he has sex with the alien when it takes the form of a bunch of regular-sized women joined in the shape of a giant woman is integral to the plot. I don't know why someone would make a movie about the Osaka mission without being prepared to animate that. They even cut out the part where the guys on the Osaka team shoot up before they go kill things and replaced it with a lot of awkward closeups of a guy smoking. :( 

I mean, if you're going to make a Gantz movie, it's pretty obvious that it's not going to be kid-friendly. Why take out all the random, over the top nonsense that makes Gantz what it is?

The monsters looked great, but they took all the fun out of the story.

tbh they took out a lot of the good characters and i was not pleased by the things they left out either, but i still enjoyed it and the animation was top-notch.

but yeah, i agree. they should have made it a two-part movie or something and try to include everything that made gantz what is. :/

1 hour ago, plastic_rainbow said:

tbh they took out a lot of the good characters and i was not pleased by the things they left out either, but i still enjoyed it and the animation was top-notch.

but yeah, i agree. they should have made it a two-part movie or something and try to include everything that made gantz what is. :/

Yeah, it wasn't terrible or anything - the animation was really cool and it still mostly followed the story, so it was definitely still watchable - but the tone of it felt a little off. The thing I love about Gantz is how ridiculous it is, despite all the violence and the heavy subject matter. There's always a sort of unpredictable, twisted sense of humour to the action, and I think the movie lost a little too much of that.

I was in the mood for something kind of silly at the time, so I watched the movie "Tag" instead, which definitely delivered.

My friend added me to a group for queer women and non-binary peeps and it's noice but it's really hella white. And I'm white.

How does one make friends with dudes? I think I may have made a dude friend but men give me terrible anxiety.

How do coconuts get water inside them and how long till green coconuts turn to brown coconuts. I hope there's a documentary on this topic.