zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

5 hours ago, jiji94 said:

This is how my family and some of my close friends felt when I was with my ex. I hope your cousin gets out. Is he sort of aware of the situation he's in? 

My ex managed to turn a number of people against me, including close friends, so for some time I was conflicted on whether what I experienced was real or not. I lost someone I considered my best friend to him because he brainwashed her into believing I'm a terrible person and that he did so much for me by putting up with me. I'm lucky my coworkers, family, and some friends saw him for who he was and told me what he had done was wrong. 

I literally got attacked by him and our "friends" for things like not eating all of  the food on my plate every day, calling me ungrateful. I had trouble eating when I was with him because of the immense stress he put me under. I now have an issue with disordered eating.

I'm sorry that happened. Such a sick situation! 

I spoke to him. He's totally aware and he tells her everything he thinks, no matter how rude. But she pretends to listen because in the end she's got the upper hand... He's completely taken over and blinded by her... Uh... Assets. 

She did want to show up after all, when he said no because he wanted to spend time with his cousin, she lost the plot. They argued for two hours on the phone. I even found out she's jealous of his mom. THIS BITCH IS INSANE. (and only just turned 18!!!!!)

In the end she threatened to make him sex starved... Lo' and behold he goes to pick her up and bring her over like she wanted to. 

My auntie and uncle are completely taken over by her perfect charm and cuteness. But me and few cousins saw through it.

I said all I could say to him. 

It's extremely worrying. 

Tomorrow, i'm getting ready for my school's photo shoot, i hope things goes well tomorrow.

17 hours ago, platy said:

I'm sorry that happened. Such a sick situation! 

I spoke to him. He's totally aware and he tells her everything he thinks, no matter how rude. But she pretends to listen because in the end she's got the upper hand... He's completely taken over and blinded by her... Uh... Assets. 

She did want to show up after all, when he said no because he wanted to spend time with his cousin, she lost the plot. They argued for two hours on the phone. I even found out she's jealous of his mom. THIS BITCH IS INSANE. (and only just turned 18!!!!!)

In the end she threatened to make him sex starved... Lo' and behold he goes to pick her up and bring her over like she wanted to. 

My auntie and uncle are completely taken over by her perfect charm and cuteness. But me and few cousins saw through it.

I said all I could say to him. 

It's extremely worrying. 

.. The fuck? 

He needs to get away and get away FAST, otherwise y'all are going to have to take this to Dr. Phil. I'm glad you at least see what the hell this brat is doing. That's extremely unhealthy. Getting jealous of his mom?? Wtf?? She's going to completely isolate him. 

Beat that girl off with a broom.

56 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

.. The fuck? 

He needs to get away and get away FAST, otherwise y'all are going to have to take this to Dr. Phil. I'm glad you at least see what the hell this brat is doing. That's extremely unhealthy. Getting jealous of his mom?? Wtf?? She's going to completely isolate him. 

Beat that girl off with a broom.

He's asked for a break from the relationship! I'm just glad I somehow got through to him. 

Now to deal with the aftermath, the fury of a child. 

jrock bands are finally cashing in on the fidget spinner fad, holy shit

as if soad doing it wasn't bad enough.............:wan-12:

i had training at a different department at work today and i just found out that my very first crush works there. we were just kids then and it was merely an innocent and childish crush, nothing more than that. i haven't seen him since high school or something and given from my high school experience i don't want to encounter anyone i know from there ever ughh......so all those horrible feelings came back to me for a second.

in that department we walk around pretty often since we have to find items on racks and put them in boxes and i passed by him several times but i just kept looking down or tried to look busy. man, it was so awkward i got nervous and avoided eye contact at all costs. but then there was a moment when i needed to get something from an unopened box and since he happened to be there i asked him for a box cutter to open it up since i didn't have one on me. and that was pretty much the only interaction we had all day. i actually feel kinda bad for not saying  more or at least saying "hi" or something but oh well.......

i wonder how long he's been working there though. i never noticed him before even though our departments are right next to each other .__.

any live footage/mvs with hitomi in them literally make my heart dokidoki like how does this old man do this to me. im not even shitting you when he looks at me through the screen i feel nervous

this is why girls have been in love with him for well over 15 years wow. feel da hitomi charismaaa

Edited by emmny

he sees everything you're doing, even when you're not watching him

he keeps count of your sins

Edited by Tokage

I just had my first vk binge since... I dunno. 2010?

4 CDs/DVDs arriving in November /December. My favourite bands are disbanding , I deserve a treat. 

I have learned to limit my purchases to about 5 CD/DVDs at a time. I get too excited and that excitement causes me to fall asleep as I use too much energy to contain my excitement

Does anyone else get the uncontrollable urge to have children..? It's such an odd feeling. I don't even like children that much, I don't want infants near me, but I just really find myself deeply wanting my own family. 

It's also kind of hard because I was with someone, I was engaged, we did plan out our future a little, and we spoke about having kids. It's hard when you were at that stage with someone before you realized what type of person they were (at least I found out before we got married, jfc). I had to let go of all of those plans and it really... sucked the life out of me. I just get worried I'd never find someone again or that that will happen all over again. Although I do feel like I'll meet someone special, just not now but maybe next year or the year after. My gut's pretty on point.

Living in another country is so difficult. Even though there are so many similarities between my home country and where I live now, I still haven't completely adjusted, and trying to make friends with the locals and other foreigners is just so exhausting. 

Is anyone else here living overseas? How do/did you deal with the adjustment period?

2 hours ago, chizuruki said:

Living in another country is so difficult. Even though there are so many similarities between my home country and where I live now, I still haven't completely adjusted, and trying to make friends with the locals and other foreigners is just so exhausting. 

Is anyone else here living overseas? How do/did you deal with the adjustment period?

Honestly, I found quite an unhealthy way to adjust. I just immersed myself in online games, tbh in school I got bullied a lot at the start for being foreign , so it was great escapism.

Some healthy ways I can recommend are looking for clubs you can join. If you're not in school, look for volunteer work. I found that volunteering opportunities mainly attract foreigners who are in the same boat as you. I think after a certain age, making friends is hard no matter who you're interacting with. So just persevere and keep in mind that they might be feeling the same as you ("making friends is so hard"). In case you're too busy to volunteer, just look for events you can go to. 

It's so discouraging, but try not to isolate yourself from the country you're in. I know people who just find small communities from their country abroad and completely separate themselves from locals and their culture, this can be comforting but it only adds to the feeling of alienation.

Go out for walks and get to know your surroundings. Get used to the different shops, foods, etc.

Also, take it easy. It does take a long time to get used to a new country, so don't beat yourself up for having days where you feel hopeless. Call your family and friends whenever you can. 

[ramble incoming]
I don't really have this experience here much as I just don't talk on here ever, this is mostly about people on Facebook VK forums, but. Whenever I try to make VK friends, I get a vibe from the people I try to make friends with that they think they're better than me for whatever reason. I want to go like "sorry to burst your bubble but you're not better than anybody, honey".
Then again I could just be imagining it. It's really hard for me to make friends with similar interests, so I think whenever I do find a friend I interact with them too much and freak them out, I guess. So that could be why, idk

I somehow keep managing to be dragged into the depths of Japanese indie rock hell. I think I just found a dozen or so more to start listening to. Not complaining, tho. There's so many bands that perform solely in English in the indie scene.

For whatever reason I cannot stop watching oogui (big eater). I've always despised eating contests, but about two years ago I've discovered thsi japanese show around the contests that they hold there, and I'm fascinated by it. The food looks so delicious and after a while you want your favourite contestant to win even though you know that no matter how often they say it's delicious, they don#t taste the food. No matter how often they act as if it's nothing, they don't enjoy it, and they will throw up later.

These shows promote food waste and help oogui eaters rise to popularity on youtube, thereby celebrating an unhealthy way of eating. But still I canot stop watching.

going to my first concert ever tonight hooo boy

it's just a small local concert and i'm excited but nervous because i have no idea what to expect lmao

So I didn't get moved over to the department I wanted because of recent sick issues that are no longer a problem because of getting my health sorted aka pulled out 6 bad teeth and getting the rest treated. But instead of letting it get to me I've decided to embrace it and be the stronger person in this situation. I've just got to remain motivated and focused!

4 hours ago, itsukoii said:

going to my first concert ever tonight hooo boy

it's just a small local concert and i'm excited but nervous because i have no idea what to expect lmao

update: twas fuckin awesome. tiny local metal concerts are my favourite thing (aside from some very obnoxious probably drunk moshers running around all over the place)

On 10/8/2017 at 9:57 PM, platy said:

Honestly, I found quite an unhealthy way to adjust. I just immersed myself in online games, tbh in school I got bullied a lot at the start for being foreign , so it was great escapism.

Some healthy ways I can recommend are looking for clubs you can join. If you're not in school, look for volunteer work. I found that volunteering opportunities mainly attract foreigners who are in the same boat as you. I think after a certain age, making friends is hard no matter who you're interacting with. So just persevere and keep in mind that they might be feeling the same as you ("making friends is so hard"). In case you're too busy to volunteer, just look for events you can go to. 

It's so discouraging, but try not to isolate yourself from the country you're in. I know people who just find small communities from their country abroad and completely separate themselves from locals and their culture, this can be comforting but it only adds to the feeling of alienation.

Go out for walks and get to know your surroundings. Get used to the different shops, foods, etc.

Also, take it easy. It does take a long time to get used to a new country, so don't beat yourself up for having days where you feel hopeless. Call your family and friends whenever you can. 

Thanks for the advice! And I'm sorry you were bullied back in school, that's awful...

I did try to join the archery club in my uni, and I basically just hang out with anyone who doesn't mind having me around haha. It was probably just an especially bad day, I mean when I posted that... Volunteering sounds like a good idea, though. I'll try to find something here and have my friends come with.

I know friends who stuck with people from their own country noticed that they really do end up not assimilating at all. You're right about that not being a good idea, especially for anyone staying long-term. 

Thanks again! And sorry my response took a while oops