zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

So what is it called when your mood goes from happy to legit pissed in 0.5 seconds for no reason?

is this a recent thing, or has it been accumulating for a while?

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

is this a recent thing, or has it been accumulating for a while?

It's usually something I either talk myself out of or just ride out until I feel better which could be anywhere between a few minutes or days

you should probably talk to a doctor. I don't think that we are qualified to help you. Sometimes we subconsciously get angry or sad, seemingly without reason, and we cannot explain where it comes from.  I hope you can find out why you feel this way and work things out!

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

Yahh I'd probably go talk to someone about it if this has been a long standing issue. For awhile, my friends and family were convinced I was struggling with either bipolar disorder or major depression disorder. I've been keeping check of my moods for the last few years just in case so I can talk to a professional about it when I'm ready to. I don't feel I struggle with either and that it was actually an accumulation of terrible shit/gaslighting that was causing my erratic mood changes. Idk though it's up to you what you decide to do.

My work offers free counselling services and I was SO STOKED that this was something they offer now. The first six sessions are free and if you need to continue and cannot afford it, you have the option to continue for free with a doctor's note. I'm really lovin' my work's change over the past few years towards mental health. 

yeah, I think so too, it might be better to start looking for a therapist if you're already bothered with this thing.

we're in the season change now, and that might flare things up itself for no real reason, but it's always good to get a professional opinion. they might come up with a more organized coping/behavioral approach, and I'd absolutely stay away from picking up suggestions here (even though it might be a start - but again, everyone's situation and the underlying issue(s) behind it are v. different)

there's a lot more nuance to mental health than the "dis is totally me when I'm OCD-ing", or "that's depression UwU" or "oh, that's bipolar :~D" guesswork.

Edited by nekkichi

Just wanted to bump the topic of mood shifts and say that I am pretty damn sure most of us have not reached the point of being "genuinely" happy yet.

It is kinda fascinating to see that e.g. Americans here have sorta given up on redefining their individualism and favoring groupthink over issues that could be somehow circumvented by, idk, doing and being proud and openly happy of your own hard work and shite without any form of "social guilt"? I could not help but feel bad for you people downplaying your own dispositions, attitudes and achievements just to fit the social media-ruled mold.  Please, hear me out and think further on how you'd enable your current skillsets, attitudes and circumstances to move on in your OWN lives as you wish - while you are young and your minds are still sharp, that is.

"Hurdurr European" will not do as a response - unless someone insists on continuing with the Oppression Olympics (not recommended).

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

yeah, I think so too, it might be better to start looking for a therapist if you're already bothered with this thing.

we're in the season change now, and that might flare things up itself for no real reason, but it's always good to get a professional opinion. they might come up with a more organized coping/behavioral approach, and I'd absolutely stay away from picking up suggestions here (even though it might be a start - but again, everyone's situation and the underlying issue(s) behind it are v. different)

there's a lot more nuance to mental health than the "dis is totally me when I'm OCD-ing", or "that's depression UwU" or "oh, that's bipolar :~D" guesswork.

Definitely this. I totally forgot about seasons having that effect as well. Hope my post didn't come across as anything other than suggesting seeing a professional. lol I know for some people it can be tough, myself included. 

Yay, at least I'm good on the pink and existential crisis part.

I'm watching some of the live performances from the METROCK 2017 music festival and regretting because my heart is crying about how BADLY I want to see Sakanaction perform. I love them so much. And as much as I love Ichiro and his cheekbones, anytime I see Motoharu in a live video my heart skips a beat. But seriously, I always feel transported to another world when I watch their lives. I think I'd honestly have so much fun at one of their concerts someday.

32 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

Yay, at least I'm good on the pink and existential crisis part.

I'm watching some of the live performances from the METROCK 2017 music festival and regretting because my heart is crying about how BADLY I want to see Sakanaction perform. I love them so much. And as much as I love Ichiro and his cheekbones, anytime I see Motoharu in a live video my heart skips a beat. But seriously, I always feel transported to another world when I watch their lives. I think I'd honestly have so much fun at one of their concerts someday.

I'd kill to watch sakanaction live someday. Must be a religious experience. I'd probably cry throughout the entire show.