zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Does anyone else have a sibling who is a shut in? My sister is one and has never held a job. She's been a NEET since she graduated high school over two years ago, which almost didn't happen. 

It's also sort of odd because she's definitely kind of the favoured child, which my friends have pointed out too.. I love my sister but it's difficult and the frustration from my parents' enabling her gets projected onto me.

One of my best friends became a shut in after he dropped out of school because he completely lost his confidence. This was at age 17.

He only left the house once a week or during summer when we met up. 

This was extremely frustrating to us as friends because he's super clever and whenever we met up all he talked about was the details of the last boss of whatever game he just beat. 

Last year I found out he's actually too mentally ill to work which is very sad. He doesn't even make an effort at talking to us, like, every conversation is one sided which frustrates me to no end because he's unapproachable now. But tbh I can imagine being a shut in to that level kinda damages your social skills, on top of everything else.  

That's my shut-in story. 

Awww, but you work and take classes. 

My sister's situation is definitely similar to your friend's, except all of her friends ditched her during their senior year because she wasn't "cool" enough. She's called them out numerous times, but they've never apologized or even acknowledged what they had done and blamed her for their friendship ending. Really wreaked havoc on her self confidence.

Sorry my post kind of sounded judgmental, it's just kind of hard/frustrating.

I'm legit pissed there were protests lterally a five minute walk away from my house last week and I had NO IDEA ABOUT IT. I want to go.....

Watching the stream of Sharaku's solo performance from the chiptune music event SquareSounds now, and it's amazing.

So far he did the hammertime dance and said "Please buy my song - I like money, okay!"

It starts around 1:48:00

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175410287

Edited by violetchain

Kind of weird that I'm able to bond with my (potentially) sociopathic ex's ex-girlfriends.

Edited by jiji94

I'm going back to my hometown for the next weekend for my friend's birthday party. I'm feeling happy to visit my hometown again, even if it's just for a couple of days. I do kinda like the city I currently live in, too, but though I've lived here for like three months now, I still don't feel like I really belong here. I still miss my shitty little hometown.  I miss all the nature and quietness of it. Maybe after I graduate I can just move back there...

So the baby pigeon in my balcony flew away, but he still comes back to see us. 

On the day he flew away, him and the mother were hanging out on the doorknob and looking into the house. Maybe it was some kind of bye. 

Now he comes back and watches as we go about the day from the window and at night he sleeps where the nest used to be :']  I threw some seeds as a snack, but I don't think he knows what to do with them yet. 

I can't have pets atm but I'll make do with the pidge. 

There's a really, really handsome guy who started at my work recently. He smiled at me today. End me.

I'm afraid he's going to try talking to me because it seems he wants to. No no no no. 

You know, you have a lot of luck, when through three weeks of travels and stuff you spend a lot of time with at least four people, who got sick, and you start feeling you might have a cold after you're back. My colds are mostly light but that would really ruin my plans if I got sick earlier.

i planned to spend hours playing divinity original sin 2 again but after i was done w/ the thoughest fight of the area, I forgot to save and accidentally triggered a fight with the traders 5 minutes later.... Not Today

tfw there are new workers at your job and you have to act as their senpai......

i only know about half of what goes on around here so i'm not the most reliable person to ask about things. plus i'm a really quiet person and rarely talk to anybody, i just kinda work there

I don't get how people can stand being in a relationship with a jealous person. 

Nope. It seems like prison to me. Your insecurities can fuck off.

I'd never be able to drop my friends because my partner is jealous of me having a life outside the relationship. 

I feel claustrophobic thinking about it. 

I fucking hate Brazil sometimes. 

15 hours ago, platy said:

I don't get how people can stand being in a relationship with a jealous person. 

Nope. It seems like prison to me. Your insecurities can fuck off.

I'd never be able to drop my friends because my partner is jealous of me having a life outside the relationship. 

I feel claustrophobic thinking about it. 

I fucking hate Brazil sometimes. 

Super feel you on this. I don't experience jealousy and I told my last partner upfront I'm not and would not tolerate him being jealous. I lived with a guy friend for a year and some people would ask me, "Oh, won't your boyfriend get jealous?". Like, no? He lived with all girls and it never phased me one bit. I actually preferred that he lived with girls. 

People sometimes react like I'm some sort of creature from outer space because I don't care if other women flirt with my boyfriends. Why should I..? 

My last boyfriend was an isolator but did it subtly. He started getting jealous shortly before I left him and it was so suffocating. It hurt. He was always trying to get me to "compromise" everything for him and would get upset when I didn't. Never again.

I'm also this way with crushes. I confess, get rejected, stay friends. I have no issue with rejection or remaining friends. A lot of people can't understand it for some reason. I don't stay friends with the hope of having something someday. Most people who've rejected me have had no problem staying friends with me and don't use me (probably because they're good people). I'm usually pretty quick to clear up any form of awkwardness but also believe that awkwardness is natural. I just like being honest, idk.