zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I have long since stopped trying to understand my musical taste. I have now gone from Finnish parody of Mulan's 'Make the man out of you' to 'We are number one but it's in Japanese' (which is, incidentally, done by a Finnish lady) to Touhou Project's 'Bad Apple' and honestly, all of them sound good to me. I mean... I guess there's a logical transition between all three, but still.

Oh school... I spent whole July wanting to go back to school. Three days of school and BAM, I was permitted to not go to communication marketing (??) class because of my work experience (JaME) and previous degree. So now I have month free from school. At the end of September I have one class left abd the only thing I have to do before graduating is internship.

That was fast.

13 hours ago, allisapp said:

Oh school... I spent whole July wanting to go back to school. Three days of school and BAM, I was permitted to not go to communication marketing (??) class because of my work experience (JaME) and previous degree. So now I have month free from school. At the end of September I have one class left abd the only thing I have to do before graduating is internship.

That was fast.

There are schools who actually accept JaME as work experience? brb updating my resume

6 minutes ago, saishuu said:

There are schools who actually accept JaME as work experience? brb updating my resume

Of course? Just noticed that the paper we usually get from work "proof that you have worked there" is called recommendation letter. Sounds awful... Here it's pretty clear that you get one from every job. 

But yeah, I got that and added JaME on my CV. Looks good in CV because working with languages  and volunteering work. (+ for how long I have worked there)

15 minutes ago, allisapp said:

Of course? Just noticed that the paper we usually get from work "proof that you have worked there" is called recommendation letter. Sounds awful... Here it's pretty clear that you get one from every job. 

But yeah, I got that and added JaME on my CV. Looks good in CV because working with languages  and volunteering work. (+ for how long I have worked there)

How do you even work for JaME? I'd love to apply.

Went into a new music/dvd store today and finally found a copy of Only Yesterday. Also was surprised af to see they sell Moomin stuff so I bought an umbrella to match my hipster weeb vibe.

I told my mom I plan to go to Japan next spring for a month to try traveling and farming. She just kind of stared at me and said alright, but not to get my hopes up because "a war might break out, they're warning not to go there". Yeeeah okay, mom..

Edited by jiji94

On the bright side of things, my city was in one of the 100% visibility areas for the eclipse, and my general manager wants to make me one of the closing managers when I get the hang of ordering items for the customers.

I need to stop buying things from Yahoo! Auctions through FJ. They charge bank transfer and "plan" fees per item, which is total fucking bullshit, and they really add up!

15 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

I need to stop buying things from Yahoo! Auctions through FJ. They charge bank transfer and "plan" fees per item, which is total fucking bullshit, and they really add up!

saaaaame, I hate how they make me have to put in a deposit just to fucking bid on something. :/

7 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

I need to stop buying things from Yahoo! Auctions through FJ. 

are they any better than buyee? I had a shit experience with those last time, but I c that fromjapan tends to enforce fedex on certain order contents, I'm nhft that courier service.

Would love to have more energy than a snail after work. aha

Thinking of applying for JET again has me sighing and wanting to scream through the application process. Is it almost that time again? Thank lawdy my consulate is pretty great and always go above and beyond. I'm so done with purgatory life though. lol I'm pretty good at helping people get shortlisted so that's.. fun? Not applying alone this year but friend and her boyfriend are applying through Murica. 

All I know is if I hand my doctor one more JET document he is gonna be the one screaming. 

I love having internet friends but I dread the inevitable day when they pass. I dread the other inevitable day when I find out. There are a lot of people who I have only met through the Internet that have shaped my life and they could pass on and I may never know. I just might see their tag and an indication that they haven't logged on in a long time...

8 hours ago, nekkichi said:

are they any better than buyee? I had a shit experience with those last time, but I c that fromjapan tends to enforce fedex on certain order contents, I'm nhft that courier service.

I never tried buyee. Their service is decent, they just charge dumb fees once you get ready to ship everything. When you're ordering the items themselves, you're only paying for the items, there's no Charge 1 commissions, so it's easy to spend a lot. Avoid buying from a vast number of shops, and avoid Yahoo! Auctions.

10 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

I never tried buyee. Their service is decent, they just charge dumb fees once you get ready to ship everything. When you're ordering the items themselves, you're only paying for the items, there's no Charge 1 commissions, so it's easy to spend a lot. Avoid buying from a vast number of shops, and avoid Yahoo! Auctions.

@nekkichi@Seimeisen I use buyee a lot, and they don't charge me that many fees other than domestic shipping fee & using the Buyee standard plan for insurance (if I choose to use it). You can pay for the item and for shipping at the same time, instead of having to wait for a charge 2 payment notif from FJ.

GOOGLY EYES

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU SEEE

GOOGLY EYES

GOOGLY EYES

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU SEEE'

IMITATE EYEBALLS

STOP TO WATCHIN ME

WHAT THE FUCKIN PLASTIC DOLL

FUCK YOU NICE FACE

GOOGLY EYES
GOOGLY EYES
GOOGLY EYES
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU SEEE'
GOOOOOOGRY AYYYYEES
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU SEEEEEE

DEAD BLIND MAN

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

I love having internet friends but I dread the inevitable day when they pass. I dread the other inevitable day when I find out. There are a lot of people who I have only met through the Internet that have shaped my life and they could pass on and I may never know. I just might see their tag and an indication that they haven't logged on in a long time...

dude i think about this all the time... I actually have already experienced this back in 2015 when one of my close gaming buddies died suddenly. Like it's a really weird feeling, someone who I talked to almost everyday over voice chat for years   just gone like that. A online friend who I never met irl, but constantly was there for me to just blow some steam off with after shitty days. It's a rough experience that's for sure.

The hardest part is working up the courage to go looking for answers. In my case it had been weeks without contact and no activity on the account, several messages gone ignored and that was when I finally knew something was wrong. Luckily I knew his real name and a quick google search later revealed a obituary entry which then later I confirmed to be him through facebook. I never have felt my heart sink so fast in my life....

The second hardest part is breaking the news to the circle of online friends that also knew him and were just as close as I was... Toughest thing I've ever had to do and I do not wish the experience upon anybody. The stuff that really keeps me up at night are the questions, to this day I still don't know what happened. Was it a accident? complication? who knows. I start theorizing and things that I remember start standing out as sorta fishy, like different facts that don't quite seem right or at least doesn't match up with what I knew about the person and his life. Then I start wondering whether things weren't as good with him as he was letting on, maybe he was intentionally not telling us things because he didn't want us to worry or have even more emotional baggage.

it is a endless rabbit hole and it sucks. the only remedy is to just forget.

so, before ogre you asshole had an album cover that looked like the feels guy 

Spoiler

0a44b340e992434e952c6838de6f349436ca3007

now i find out they actually have a fucking song titled ''that feel when''....

OYA officially confirmed for memers?

It's no longer just a slight astigmatism in my right eye, but is now an astigmatism in BOTH eyes.  That only took a year too hahaha my eyes suck.

10 minutes ago, Valicious said:

if you saw the term "second-hand" next to the name of a store, would you think their merchandise is of lower quality?

Yes. Bias is in full force for me and I'm too tired to try to explain why.