zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I bought this cute little bottled moss plant that I hung in my room around my fairylights. It has cute handmade pom poms on the string it's attached to too. My mother thinks it's kind of something a witch would have though. lol 

I'm so tired from my job (I currently work in a fish factory as it pays well, my coworkers are all confused because I have a university degree). I like it but I really need to do some volunteer experience and/or at least get involved in my future field. Current degree isn't useless but I have a lot of mixed feelings surrounding work related to my major (English). I'm also kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere until I either move to Japan or can afford to move out for this other diploma I plan on taking.. Got overwhelmed by work tiredness the other night in a grocery store and because I really miss living on my own. Soon, soon.. 

19 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

I'm so tired from my job (I currently work in a fish factory as it pays well, my coworkers are all confused because I have a university degree). I like it but I really need to do some volunteer experience and/or at least get involved in my future field. Current degree isn't useless but I have a lot of mixed feelings surrounding work related to my major. 

This resonates with me so much. 

People tell me I should have more respect for myself and not get into these jobs I'm looking at because I have a degree but I just want money coming in so I can focus on my career more. I don't care how 'low' the job is. 

Also have my mixed feelings about my field, so I'm going down a harder route career wise for now. 

Being in your 20s sucks. What even is my life rn. 

16 minutes ago, platy said:

This resonates with me so much. 

People tell me I should have more respect for myself and not get into these jobs I'm looking at because I have a degree but I just want money coming in so I can focus on my career more. I don't care how 'low' the job is. 

Also have my mixed feelings about my field, so I'm going down a harder route career wise for now. 

Being in your 20s sucks. What even is my life rn. 

Tbh the stability of my job has done wonders for my self confidence/self esteem. I love working hard. I oddly love my work environment (although I work with dead fishies and it stinks and I did vomit once..). My coworkers are always telling me I need to get out there and not get stuck in this job. I'd really love for them to realize the value of their own work and to stop putting themselves down because they're hard workers. :/ I get really mad when people put down people working these sorts of jobs. At least for me it's temporary but it doesn't mean their work isn't valuable or should be avoided.

I'm planning to work in some way or form in immigration but want to experience life overseas for awhile. I'm also planning a second degree. I have a mountain of student debt I'd love to pay off more towards and travel before committing to the second degree/or MA. If it doesn't work out I have a decent backup plan but I love, love, love working with newcomers to Canada. But getting all the necessary qualifications I would like for the jobs I'm interested in long-term are so expensive.. I also don't know if I can handle an MA or a second degree because I'm honestly like, "Screw academia!"

Also if I do an MA it's more than likely to end with me doing a thesis on BL manga.. aha. 

DEFINITELY recommend taking on whatever work you can get and going from there. Having some money is better than the frustration of under or unemployment. It'll help you with focusing on your future career better. I've been laid off twice this year and it was maddening. 

Edited by jiji94

25 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

Tbh the stability of my job has done wonders for my self confidence/self esteem. I love working hard. I oddly love my work environment (although I work with dead fishies and it stinks and I did vomit once..). My coworkers are always telling me I need to get out there and not get stuck in this job. I'd really love for them to realize the value of their own work and to stop putting themselves down because they're hard workers. :/ I get really mad when people put down people working these sorts of jobs. At least for me it's temporary but it doesn't mean their work isn't valuable or should be avoided.

I'm planning to work in some way or form in immigration but want to experience life overseas for awhile. I'm also planning a second degree. I have a mountain of student debt I'd love to pay off more towards and travel before committing to the second degree/or MA. If it doesn't work out I have a decent backup plan but I love, love, love working with newcomers to Canada. But getting all the necessary qualifications I would like for the jobs I'm interested in long-term are so expensive.. I also don't know if I can handle an MA or a second degree because I'm honestly like, "Screw academia!"

Also if I do an MA it's more than likely to end with me doing a thesis on BL manga.. aha. 

DEFINITELY recommend taking on whatever work you can get and going from there. Having some money is better than the frustration of under or unemployment. It'll help you with focusing on your future career better. I've been laid off twice this year and it was maddening. 

Good luck with all your plans~

I did my thesis on girl's love manga and media. If I could I'd love to take the topic further. I'd like a second degree too. I don't care about the debt.

England has made it so 90% of students will never pay it back anyway, at  least not by the time they're dead lol. So luckily it won't impact my life significantly. But first I need that stability as you said, before even considering going back to academia and if that means being a cleaner, then I can't wait. (I love cleaning anyway, so dunno why people are pressed since I clean for them for free when I have  the chance ) 

Edit: I also hate people looking down on their own jobs, or their colleagues'. 

Example, when I worked as a waitress the guests looked down on us because it was a very pretentious place and most of the servers were foreign. Then within the waitressing team, people looked down on the cleaners. But our job was so dirty sometimes we might as well have the title of 'cleaning team' on the job description. 

My friend who works as a waitress now looks down on me for searching for a cleaning job, but tbh I'd rather clean people's houses by myself than have to deal with shitty guests and snobby customers/ team members. 

7 minutes ago, platy said:

Good luck with all your plans~

I did my thesis on girl's love manga and media. If I could I'd love to take the topic further. I'd like a second degree too. I don't care about the debt.

England has made it so 90% of students will never pay it back anyway, at  least not by the time they're dead lol. So luckily it won't impact my life significantly. But first I need that stability as you said, before even considering going back to academia and if that means being a cleaner, then I can't wait. (I love cleaning anyway, so dunno why people are pressed since I clean for them for free when I have  the chance ) 

Oh my god, was so not expecting someone to say they did their thesis on girl' love manga and media. I didn't do a thesis for my undergrad but during my final seminar class for my gender studies minor my prof focused the semester on queer theory and let us choose our own topics for our final project. I immediately thought it would be interesting to do mine on BL because I knew my classmates had no idea what it was (and my prof was like "yassss"). Turns out I'm now obsessed with anything to do with that field and would do anything to pursue it further.

My student debt's a bit more complicated since my parents had me take out bank loans to pay most of my education. So even when I go back I still need to make monthly payments on the majority of my debt. :/  I also struggled so much during my undergrad (tough university + extreme burn out).

Cleaning. Is. GREAT. I haven't done it myself (long-term, short-term I have worked as a janitor and room attendant) but honestly it was what I wanted to do before everyone jumped on me to go to university. Everyone I know who has worked cleaning jobs loved them and often end up moving up jobs too or working front desk. Can be a really great way of meeting people and networking too.

At least you want to drink tea. I just have alcohol.

Someone make me stop listening to Wong Kar-wai's film soundtracks on repeat. Please.

All these surgeries in line for the next couple months and lately feeling completely useless here and at work is just piling pretty fucking quick...

me: I have so much to do and need to set up my credit cards, driving permit test, get volunteering because I need a better reference for this frickin' teaching application in the fall, need to research community colleges. SLEEP.

also me: signs up for extra shifts at work so I have no free time

why am I the only one that signs up for extra shifts why do the supervisors literally just stare me in the eyes for five minutes until I agree why 

9 minutes ago, The Bread Wolf said:

@platy, yo princess. I live on the same island with you! Except I'm at the other end, the England-hating, EU-loving end. Also called Scotland.

I totally stand alongside the Scottish mindset!

been listening to osts of noir, elfen lied, serial experiments lain, and tsukihime and man, so many of the older anime had such GOOD osts.

there just ain't enough dark and psychological anime out there anymore (that's newer) with sad strings and pianos or dark ambient vibes. or am i not watching the right stuff.....?

Edited by plastic_rainbow

My next semester starts in less than a week and I still havnt looked up where exactly my classes are.... haha.... I get to learn about a bunch of computer shit this semester.

last night on a whim i decided to study for a boating license. breezed through the material today, just took the test and now i have a boating license. lol sweet

12 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

last night on a whim i decided to study for a boating license. breezed through the material today, just took the test and now i have a boating license. lol sweet

lets go to japan

14 minutes ago, Chi said:

lets go to japan

meet me off the coast of brazil in an hour