zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

It was a great idea yesterday, but right now, at 6.30 am waiting to go to work, I kinda wish I had slowed down a bit and maybe had a few beers less. But it was a good idea yesterday, and that's what counts.

I think I've lived up here for about 6 years, and only two of the summers have been nice and filled with great weather if I am ot mistaken. The rest have mostly been shit with a warm, sunny day here and there, but mostly rain, wind and shit like that.

18 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Going to Marilyn Manson's gig tonight, first show of the tour! I'm half-excited (cuz omg he was the reason that I seriously got into music like 17 years ago) and half-nervous (cuz lol he's old and out of shape, and will prolly suck a bit).

Oh man, when I saw Manson in 2007, I definitely did not think I got my money's worth (the trip to and from Bucharest and a festival ticket for his performance only). It seemed like he didn't even try and would have preferred being anywhere else but there. Word got out afterwards that he was actually pissed because the organizers wouldn't get him any drugs. I'm not sure if showing his ass was his way of making it up to us, but that happened, wasn't expecting he'd "grace" us with such classic stage antics, but that too felt jarring amidst such a lackluster performance. No one realized the last song was the last song because he just left. No oomph at the end or anything, he was gone before we even realized it, but it's just a funny memory now. Sounds like you had a much better experience so now I'll definitely go see him again if I get the chance.

Sometimes I feel like minorities are causing their own racism/exclusion.

Remind me to not bingewatch RuPaul's Drag Race anymore. Feelin' mah face muscles pulled into a painful cringe every time one of the minorities WITHIN a minority excludes themselves on purpose.

I was a little nervous after the video tracks, but the previews for the rest of Bentham's new album sound so good. Chicago has grown on me a lot too after hearing it separated from that weird MV. 

Edited by violetchain

On 22.7.2017 at 3:42 AM, The Bread Wolf said:

Sometimes I feel like minorities are causing their own racism/exclusion.

Remind me to not bingewatch RuPaul's Drag Race anymore. Feelin' mah face muscles pulled into a painful cringe every time one of the minorities WITHIN a minority excludes themselves on purpose.

Are you justifying racism?

Are you seriously trying to play us like a fiddle by pandering to both tolerator and segregationist sides?

Edited by Alroy

54 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Are you justifying racism?

Are you seriously trying to play us like a fiddle by pandering to both tolerator and segregationist sides?

There's a huge difference between actual discrimination vs. playing the victim card and bringing up race in literally everything.

Edited by sheepprincessgara

1 hour ago, sheepprincessgara said:

There's a huge difference between actual discrimination vs. playing the victim card and bringing up race in literally everything.

Which is why I am asking:

Is this related to racebaiting as a go-to argumentative fallacy or is this related to legit causes of calling out someone for being a faux-tolerant hypocrite? This is not the first time here when I e.g. called out someone for spewing blatantly bigoted BS and got mere comments for "racebaiting" instead. So it is always good to challenge someone for such statements.

Inconsistency in discussing things like jayrawk is OK to pardon (e.g. my views, this is what MH should be for the most part really - debates, discussions about jayrawk drivels and nothing about social spectrums), but it's not OK in topics like these unless further elaboration was given.

Edited by Alroy

I've been watching Akira Kurosawa movies lately (Kagemusha, 7 Samurai and Dreams) and holy shit they are captivating! Cinematography is a lost art form in modern age. Simple scene on a river, next to a bed of flowers and water mills looked more beautiful than anything fantasy block busters have churned out for past decades.

I really hate that my culture in general just lets bad leaders take over and don't raise their voices/vote against them because "no one will care about my opinion anyways". Ah, but they do love complaining about them and their bad decisions all the time. 

Is it low self esteem or just a pathetic attempt to justify lazyness? 

That being said, will the chilean VK fandom ever have good leaders or will we be stuck with Iv until she dies?

This is hands down one of the best videos on the whole wide internet. Holy cow!

You're under a citizens arrest

put your hands on the car

and get ready to die

Edited by Bear