zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

I can't believe there are people out there thinking really popular FF songs are from minecraft animations.... the animator even credits where the songs come from lol

Occasionally I'll have a passage of music playing in my mind on a loop and it won't go away until I figure out where it's from. Usually I'll have an "Aha!" moment within the day or the next couple of days tops and that'll be it. But I'd been trying to figure out this one snippet for years already and couldn't for the life of me. Tried browsing through all the bands that would be inclined to play something like that and came up with nothing. From time to time it would pop up  in my brain and I'd be helpless and exasperated. But tonight I finally got it while revisiting NightingeiL. It was the very beginning of 吊り下げの恋. The curse has finally been lifted damn it.

Edited by saltofstones

I love watching reviews of bad games, especially if they're obscure games that I have never heard of before. So I got into watching videos of this Russian guy reviewing a Russian company that distributed bootleg games, and while I was fascinated with that, I fell in love with his voice.

I like Russian dudes with deep, thick accents, but I hate their politics sadly :<

Laughing forever at the people out there consistently making bad relationship decisions and then going all ''wtf i hate [whichever gender(s) they're into] now!"  when shit inevitably blows up in their face, ignoring the possibility that they themselves may be the problem

Edited by Tokage

Danzig-2017-admat-204x300.jpg

I can only find one source to confirm it but Vamps is playing some shows with Danzig and Deafheaven!?! Pretty legitimizing. (or is this that other band whose name is The Vamps or something?)

Anyway, I think @tetsu_sama69will be excited if true!

Edited by The Reverend

Might as well add to those talking points I noticed here that politicking has pretty much twisted our humane empathy and ability to socialize with pretty much everyone - the prime fuel for bigotry tbe.

Politicking has been always dirty and corrupted everywhere, which merely questions whether it is sensible to bring up extremely partisan views anymore (horseshoe theory is no BS), and is the dialogue even likely at this point - if we seek to preserve the meaning of "dialogue".

The war of slurs and provocations is getting a lot worse, standards are forgotten, common concerns are smokescreened (e.g. healthcare in my country) and everyone will hate each other...

Edited by Alroy

55 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Might as well add to those talking points I noticed here that politicking has pretty much twisted our humane empathy and ability to socialize with pretty much everyone - the prime fuel for bigotry tbe.

Politicking has been always dirty and corrupted everywhere, which merely questions whether it is sensible to bring up extremely partisan views anymore (horseshoe theory is no BS), and is the dialogue even likely at this point - if we seek to preserve the meaning of "dialogue".

The war of slurs and provocations is getting a lot worse, standards are forgotten, common concerns are smokescreened (e.g. healthcare in my country) and everyone will hate each other...

Social Darwinism my friend. Kicked into full gear for 2017.

Make sure you're at the top.

Going to Marilyn Manson's gig tonight, first show of the tour! I'm half-excited (cuz omg he was the reason that I seriously got into music like 17 years ago) and half-nervous (cuz lol he's old and out of shape, and will prolly suck a bit).

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Going to Marilyn Manson's gig tonight, first show of the tour! I'm half-excited (cuz omg he was the reason that I seriously got into music like 17 years ago) and half-nervous (cuz lol he's old and out of shape, and will prolly suck a bit).

Lol is very accurate. Saw him for the first time last year and it was sloppy as hell but still fun. Have fun!

5 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Danzig-2017-admat-204x300.jpg

I can only find one source to confirm it but Vamps is playing some shows with Danzig and Deafheaven!?! Pretty legitimizing. (or is this that other band whose name is The Vamps or something?)

Anyway, I think @tetsu_sama69will be excited if true!

It should be the Japanese Vamps, yeah. A bit surprised Danzig would go on tour with these, or just share stage. Haven't heard much from Vamps, but their debut album are one of the worst rock albums I've ever heard. Absolute garbage.

But Danzig and Deafheaven should be cool. Especially Danzig. MOTHER!!!!

Getting drunk on a thursday despite having to go to work on friday. That's what great weather does to one where I live. Haven't had this nice weather in a long time, and even now it's not all that.

Also, I don't get 99% of Blackdoll's posts when he/she posts about music. It's all a big, far WTF, every single time.

4 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Lol is very accurate. Saw him for the first time last year and it was sloppy as hell but still fun. Have fun!

Haha, thanks. It was actually quite awesome, more or less on par with my expectations. Of course there were parts when his voice went kinda weird and at times he skipped a line of lyrics or two, but overall I can't complain. Especially since this was my first time seeing him after all those years of listening to his music. And they played 3 new as-of-yet-unreleased songs (and a neat ambient-y guitar solo interlude thingie) to boot, which sounded dope as hell!

Edited by Jigsaw9

wasn't there a period where Manson had to use an oxygen tank in between songs during lives or something like that, or was it just theatrics?

^ iirc he did stuff like that as far back as the late '90s (but only after the shows then), but yeah there was a period later on where he did that on stage... dunno if it was for serious or not, but he was pretty zonked out of his mind around that time. xD

nothing is better than when you link your bass teacher a kuroyuri to kage song you want to learn and he's like "oh i know that band"... lol this whole time i assumed he was a strictly western metalhead?? damn this is good

11 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

nothing is better than when you link your bass teacher a kuroyuri to kage song you want to learn and he's like "oh i know that band"... lol this whole time i assumed he was a strictly western metalhead?? damn this is good

plot twist: he probably has an account on here

9 hours ago, Bear said:

Getting drunk on a thursday despite having to go to work on friday. That's what great weather does to one where I live. Haven't had this nice weather in a long time, and even now it's not all that.

Also, I don't get 99% of Blackdoll's posts when he/she posts about music. It's all a big, far WTF, every single time.

Getting drunk due to good weather is almost as good of an excuse as concerts!

Here in Japan I have sun and concerts almost every day so... life is quite the party.