zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

13 hours ago, ArtFart said:

Can the US just make smart decisions for once.... please?

It's telling that you wrote this 13 hours ago and I have no way of knowing which scandal or idiotic policy decision is being referred to.

I've stopped visiting & posting on MH partly because reading about the latest daily American political travesty has consumed most of my at-work procrastination time.

I feel like Minori, while having WONDERFUL outfits, has made it quite hard for a lot of people in western countries to actually understand what Shironuri is.

So many people think it is on par with Mori Kei. Loose flowing clothes and forest patterns. I've actually seen people think Shironuri is about putting flowers on your faces and not white paint......

Just judging by the birthday thing on the website, I feel like the majority of us are all a bit older, yeah? So I don't feel so weird complaining about this here but I've been kind of self-conscious about my age lately, or at least more aware that I've been getting older. I went to one of those weaboo conventions over the weekend and met tons of great people, but I ended up being older than every single one of them, lol. I try not to let it get to me, but when I'm suddenly running into people who are fresh out of high school wanting to be my friend, it's a little weird. Then, strangely, I miss being in high school and I'm struck feeling like I wasted most of my youth moping around and being depressed. Then I get depressed.

I turned 24 in March, so I guess I'm not super old or anything but still. The quarter life crisis struggle is very real.

Despite how confrontational and social I am both irl and online 

I'm still the type of guy who sends a private message after three hours of being anxious about sending it, and then I put my phone on mute and start aggressively trying to think about other things to distract myself. 

22 hours ago, peffy said:

It's telling that you wrote this 13 hours ago and I have no way of knowing which scandal or idiotic policy decision is being referred to.

I've stopped visiting & posting on MH partly because reading about the latest daily American political travesty has consumed most of my at-work procrastination time.

take care of yourself, pleasssse!!!

this shit has become completely terrifying and alienating. i really have to not think of it in order to keep my mental health in check. didn't want it to come to this, but alas...

On 2.6.2017 at 9:45 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

Why do I even bother talking about stuff other than Japanese music? I don't know much about anything else, lol. :tw_joy: #weeblife

Honestly speaking this and perhaps a few things here and there outside of our weeb joys (western music, maybe - we do have a metal section with frequenting members eh) should be the only fields of social topics for MH social foraging. We've had too much of unreasonable shit, flak and bad blood left even to this day due to highly varying stances per each socio-political topic outside of Jayrawk talks.

Maybe you guys should listen to certain critic figures, musicians - the hell, even comedians (since they are these so-called purveyors of widely accepted netizen ideas) akin to Kevin Hart who agree on such irrelevant topic intrusions just causing further alienation in our target audience - japanese music fans, that is.

Think what you want to think, but mind subject relevancy if you want to have the same good ol' bunch of "really hot people" participating and keeping the forum alive.

Edited by Alroy

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Honestly speaking this and perhaps a few things here and there outside of our weeb joys (western music, maybe - we do have a metal section with frequenting members eh) should be the only fields of social topics for MH social foraging. We've had too much of unreasonable shit, flak and bad blood left even to this day due to highly varying stances per each socio-political topic outside of Jayrawk talks.

Maybe you guys should listen to certain critic figures, musicians - the hell, even comedians (since they are these so-called purveyors of widely accepted netizen ideas) akin to Kevin Hart who agree on such irrelevant topic intrusions just causing further alienation in our target audience - japanese music fans, that is.

Think what you want to think, but mind subject relevancy if you want to have the same good ol' bunch of "really hot people" participating and keeping the forum alive.

Definitely on point. I know being politically involved is important, but there's gotta be a limit. I don't wanna be constantly reminded of the shitty government on every site I go on, it gets annoying after a while.

What I addressed however, is that even when I do talk about non-Japanese music, which I mostly grew up on, I always look like a fucking idiot just cuz I don't know as much about that like I do about Japanese music. I always have some certain fucking know-it-all try to "correct" me on what shit I'm supposed to like and my actual tastes just get shit on. What the fuck happened to discussing your faves? That kind of attitude from western music fans has always turned me off and that's why I really don't discuss music a lot anymore, and it's definitely why I've strayed away from western music.

Edited by sheepprincessgara

Haha.

I love how everyone who likes me at some point starts to ignore me and forget about me as soon as someone cooler comes around, or they just get plain bored of me or are straight up rude and use me.

My favorite story is from when I was like 10 years old, one of my friends decided she didn't like me anymore and I SWEAR TO GOD literally was running away from me and avoiding me, which made me cry cause I was a little crybaby, and then called me up THE VERY NEXT DAY ASKING ME FOR SOME HELP ON A VIDEO GAME THAT I WAS REALLY GOOD AT!! She hid from me again after that lol Sucks shit like this has to still happen in my adult life... at least I'm not being told anymore that people would like me if I put out.... which I never did and never will do just to get people to like me lol Hell,  I've only ever had sex with one person in my life. Maybe I would've been more popular growing up if I had, like the girl who liked to brag about being able to fit a 2 liter bottle up her vagina when she was also 10 years old.

There is only ONE person that hasn't done this to me at all, and thank god for him lol

5 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

What I addressed however, is that even when I do talk about non-Japanese music, which I mostly grew up on, I always look like a fucking idiot just cuz I don't know as much about that like I do about Japanese music. I always have some certain fucking know-it-all try to "correct" me on what shit I'm supposed to like and my actual tastes just get shit on. What the fuck happened to discussing your faves? That kind of attitude from western music fans has always turned me off and that's why I really don't discuss music a lot anymore, and it's definitely why I've strayed away from western music.

I feel this so much.

I always thought of myself as a music geek but at some point most of my geek-powers drained into mostly Japanese music and BAM, now I don't know shit about music when I talk to 'serious' music people (= people who listen to western music?).

Mind, I'm by no means an expert, just very enthusiastic. But so are most of them?

News from the last couple of days makes it seem as if some sort of serial kidnapper/killer may be active in the Netherlands or something. Two 14 year old girls disappear and turn up dead within a span of just a few days and in close proximity to one another & there's a bunch of reports of girls in a similar age range being harassed by someone in a car (though this last bit could of course very well simply be a product of mass hysteria and sensationalism).. There's  no 'concrete' links between the two cases yet, but the fact that these things happened in such close proximity to one another and in such a short time span feels pretty shady. Even in the wake of more serious, large scale terrorist attacks abroad it's still pretty creepy to think about the fact that this sort of thing is still possible as well. For some reason it feels weird how this particular type of crime can still happen in this day and age, serial killing in this day and age feels like something you only read about or see in crime or horror stories, though I guess people should never underestimate people in terms of being able to do messed up shit

Edit:

Turns out the 'dudes in a car harassing girls' part may have indeed just been  a product of mass hysteria, as a 14 year old boy was taken in as a suspect for 1 case, and a 16 year old for the other one. Still, lots of very weird coincidences all over. Bizarre story, no matter how it ends.

Edited by Tokage

Rather than have my way, I'm going to humor them.

I want to see how bad this will actually turn out.

Might actually teach them something this time.

Damn. mnh. Damn.. Why did i...why why did i..? Damn...omg why did i do this? no! Oh my god why did I do this? Oh my god why did I do this? How in the fuck did I do this? I DONT KNOOOOW....oh my god...oh my god...why did I do this...oh my god why did I do this? damn...oh my god why did I do this? Why? WHY IN THE FUCK DID I DO THIS? WHY? lmao