zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

1 hour ago, seurong said:

teach me dem wayz of getting into laruku. can you believe i never gave them a try? except for the rurouni kenshin song. but i do have their albums somewhere in my DLs folder..

I raided other people's hard drives XD 

On 1/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, Carmelzors said:

What happened lately (as for racial-based press) is not "kids just fooling around" but the kind of blatantly and downright low act of showcasing racial hatred. You don't solve issues or commit "justified vengeance" by casting your anger upon random victims of the opposite ethnicity or race - especially not upon those who are not 'abled'. No excuses.

Shame on those who attempt to justify this vile act - everything should be judged equally and defo NOT based on the means of "being oppressed or being the oppressor".

This incident was just absolutely revolting.  I've been seeing/hearing the whole "black ppl can't be racist" rhetoric around for years now (both on and offline) and as much as I understand and empathize with the pain and strife of living as a black person, I think this is an INCREDIBLY heinous notion that would be better off eradicated from the collective conscious. It's an idea that's yet to do any good for black people, or society as a whole - just like our vehement grip on "the N word" - where we've employed equally ridiculous double standards (but I guess that's another can of worms). I think this event serves as very unfortunate evidence that blacks can, indeed, be racist and hateful. 

I have no idea where this country is headed, but I can only hope that people wake up, start thinking for themselves, and stop subscribing to all of these extraordinarily divisive ideologies. I understand perfectly well how easy it is to get sucked up into the emotional aspects of everything, but I think it's important that we all try to remain grounded and suitably objective in these cases. I think we also have to stop allowing the media to rouse us into these states of utter chaos and letting them control the narrative - especially when the common good and the well-being of the people are not on their agenda. Seriously, I mean...the amount of hate that erupted when Trump won the presidency was staggering. Most of my friends on the left became as hateful and intolerant as the same people on the right that they were opposed to.  But I digress.

When it comes to race relations, we REALLY need to have some open and honest talks about it as a collective - free from political correctness, and free from everyone jumping at "racist" shadows. I do think there are racial differences, but it's become racist in and of itself to even mention or acknowledge these differences. It reminds me of when I posted a profile pic with my afro out on FB - a white woman commented saying that she'd like to touch my hair, and a black woman quickly chimed in with, "that's racist".  See...this type of shit can't happen. I'm a black male - my hair is super thick, and extremely curly - it's a completely different grade and texture than that of your average white woman's hair. How could I fault her for being curious about how it feels? That doesn't make her racist at all. Hell,  even if we were in person and she touched my hair without permission, that wouldn't be racist either - it would just be incredibly rude lol.

We can't keep shutting down the conversation before there's even any dialogue. And this doesn't just go for black people, or white people, or leftists,  or conservatives - this goes for everyone. There has to be some REAL effort in this country made for people to open up and truly try to understand each other, but as of now, I know a push like this will neither come from the government nor the media - there are too many people profiting off of the chaos, and too many people have careers depending on these divisive narratives.

Am I the only one happy with the recent influx of 'br00tal' VK bands like Nokubura, Fixer, Jiluka, D.I.D., by:Arlant, Deviloof, Scarlet Horizon and(to a lesser extent) Dezert and Damy? Is nu-metal influenced -core  the next trend?

12 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Am I the only one happy with the recent influx of 'br00tal' VK bands like Nokubura, Fixer, Jiluka, D.I.D., by:Arlant, Deviloof, Scarlet Horizon and(to a lesser extent) Dezert and Damy? Is nu-metal influenced -core  the next trend?

man i live and breathe br00tal kei. if more vk bands venture into metal and core genres and do it WELL, i'd be all for it

24 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

man i live and breathe br00tal kei. if more vk bands venture into metal and core genres and do it WELL, i'd be all for it

okay i decided to walk in the cold just to get some damn cards and i almost froze to death my hands and face were freaking numb 

and my whole body was cold and i almost lost my voice... stupid cold weather 

58 minutes ago, kyoisKILLINGME said:

okay i decided to walk in the cold just to get some damn cards and i almost froze to death my hands and face were freaking numb 

and my whole body was cold and i almost lost my voice... stupid cold weather 

Gloves are pretty important.

I really hate this weather too; it's way too cold and there's so much snow. I just wish I could go out wearing a ski or face mask without looking like a criminal or a ninja.

Atreides knows what's up. :D

Edited by shiroihana

I hardly know you. It's been a few days. But every time my phone lights up... I hope it's you. 

^ where'd y'all get those videos of me, they're supposed to be a SECRET 👀

but now that the secret's out........ i'm actually yohio's long lost half-brother

Holy fuck, where have I been?!?!?

The fucking Utaite scene has exploded in the last 5 years.

I don't know who any of these Pop Girls are lol.

i will NEVER stop believing that flac is just a meme extension people placebo themselves into believing makes a real difference tbqh

58 minutes ago, Tokage said:

i will NEVER stop believing that flac is just a meme extension people placebo themselves into believing makes a real difference tbqh

The reason flac is nice isn't just the supposed sound quality most can't even hear anyway. It's the fact that it's lossless format and no matter how many times it's transferred the data won't degrade/corrupt.

I never understood audiophiles, which is very funny considering how expensive and high end my audio equipment is. I guess it's just the people who feel the need to listen to all their music in 320kbps or flac while wearing cheap 10 dollar iphone earbuds.