zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

This movie had its flaws, but I don't know if this series is going to improve on it. Mainly, I don't know if Neil Patrick Harris can compete with Jim Carrey's Count Olaf. I loved how over the top he played it, since I always imagined him as someone who makes a big production out of every single thing he does, and the Netflix Count Olaf just seems so low-energy in this trailer by comparison.

9 hours ago, violetchain said:

This movie had its flaws, but I don't know if this series is going to improve on it. Mainly, I don't know if Neil Patrick Harris can compete with Jim Carrey's Count Olaf. I loved how over the top he played it, since I always imagined him as someone who makes a big production out of every single thing he does, and the Netflix Count Olaf just seems so low-energy in this trailer by comparison.

But isn't that a good thing? Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is Jim Carrey's last superp performance, and not even in his wildest dreams will Neil Patrick Harris be close to doing something as good as that. And by going with a different Count Olaf you'll get something way different, rather than a remake of a good film. It's an excellent choice IMO! And you have to remember that Count Olaf was a humorless villain in the books. He was the opposite of Jim Carrey's version in the film.

But as far as I know, A Series of Unfortunate Events will be much closer to the novels with its dark, dramatic mystery-approach, rather than the dark comedy of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I think this sounds good. It's got massive potential and I am really looking forward to it.

Wuhu, my new soon-to-be-roomate is cute af ...and way younger, fuck you life, you can now stop showing me the middlefinger again, I already know it better than my own.

Never thought this city could have such a bad ass band with balls made of extra-heavy steel. Fuck yeah!

I just noticed for the first time after years of patronage that there's a very queer reproduction of Manet's un bar aux folies bergere hanging on the wall of the chinese owned watering hole downstairs. I'd kill myself if I had to live anywhere else in this shitty country

1 hour ago, midi:nette said:
  Hide contents

is it bad that i wanna do weed now?? ;w;

Light up nigga

On another note my mood keeps shifting between extreme euphoria and depression with fits of anger thrown in. Can't count the number of times this week alone I've had to mentally restrain myself from saying or doing something really bad. And it's only Tuesday.

26 minutes ago, Zeus said:

On another note my mood keeps shifting between extreme euphoria and depression with fits of anger thrown in. Can't count the number of times this week alone I've had to mentally restrain myself from saying or doing something really bad. And it's only Tuesday.

I feel that.