zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

2 hours ago, patientZERO said:

^ well, to make matters worse, I'm an American in Japan, so there's all sorts of cultural differences ... Like I don't know if she was interested in me or just interested in the fact that I'm a gaijin.

The worst case scenario might be the situation where she would just pretend to be "dating" with you to her own friends (out of being such a special snowflake) while just keeping terms anything but intimate with you due to more likely lack of "cultural understanding" or "touch".

So you shalt consider the latter before anything but who knows? Maybe it is rather different and actually more genuine in JP (cross-culture/ethnicity dating) than it is in SG, KL or TW...

(Regards, the man with this experience)

Edited by Alroy

39 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

The worst case scenario might be the situation where she would just pretend to be "dating" with you to her own friends (out of being such a special snowflake) while just keeping terms anything but intimate with you due to more likely lack of "cultural understanding" or "touch".

So you shalt consider the latter before anything but who knows? Maybe it is rather different and actually more genuine in JP (cross-culture/ethnicity dating) than it is in SG, KL or TW...

(Regards, the man with this experience)

I honestly don't know her friends at all, since she doesn't talk about them very much, but the way she talks with me, she's eager to spend time with me (and I the same with her), but don't know when (or if) to make a move ...

I do think she's a bit more mature to just be pretending to be dating a gaijin as I don't think her friends would give a damn. I guess I'm just more concerned if she's just spending time with me because I'm a gaijin and it's new and fun, but has no romantic attraction to me at all. I am so bad at this ...

2 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

I honestly don't know her friends at all, since she doesn't talk about them very much, but the way she talks with me, she's eager to spend time with me (and I the same with her), but don't know when (or if) to make a move ...

I do think she's a bit more mature to just be pretending to be dating a gaijin as I don't think her friends would give a damn. I guess I'm just more concerned if she's just spending time with me because I'm a gaijin and it's new and fun, but has no romantic attraction to me at all. I am so bad at this ...

Give it some time and go with the flow for now (considering the complexity of this situation). It's no fun to rush with these things, especially when it comes to such vast differences (I presume that may be the first time she is having this kind of close chatter with "gaijins" like you, no?)

Cheers!

Just now, Carmelzors said:

Give it some time and go with the flow for now (considering the complexity of this situation). It's no fun to rush with these things, especially when it comes to such vast differences (I presume that may be the first time she is having this kind of close chatter with "gaijins" like you, no?)

Cheers!

She's told me that she has met some friends from other countries, but nobody from America. She's got some friends from Australia that she said she's talked to before.

We've "gone out" twice now and have plans to spend the day together again this weekend, so I guess this is good news. The more time I spend with her, the more I am attracted to her, which I didn't think would happen to be honest. I'm also not one to jump into things (I'm not a very forward person) but goddam did I want to hold her hand today ... I'm just a sappy hopeless romantic.

38 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

She's told me that she has met some friends from other countries, but nobody from America. She's got some friends from Australia that she said she's talked to before.

We've "gone out" twice now and have plans to spend the day together again this weekend, so I guess this is good news. The more time I spend with her, the more I am attracted to her, which I didn't think would happen to be honest. I'm also not one to jump into things (I'm not a very forward person) but goddam did I want to hold her hand today ... I'm just a sappy hopeless romantic.

Pro tip:

Give up on "sappy hopeless romantic" idea you have inside your head.  You should not let anything hinder you in case you are really dead serious about it - and by doing so you ought believe there is a "right" moment somewhere - considering your situation it could be VERY close. Who knows? (I don't know that but you know it better yourself, right man?)

I ain't the guru or the man of all good knocks but I had to comment on your situation since your current thinking sorta reflected the situation I have been stuck in for ages - " will she treat me like a foreigner? Am I too "alien" to her? Can there even be chemistry between us as in mutual sense?" questioning has turned me into miserable, skeptic fuck but let's not get too personal and dramatic with these details:

Just get this "Gaijin" thing out of your system. The more you think about it, the more  you are braking your own progress there. To be frank, thinking akin to "how should I go since they are white/black/Japanese/asian/slavic/african/trans/etc. etc." is completely irrelevant if you do honestly sense there is some real stuff going on between you and "the one" you may cherish etc.

Current year, guys - it's not a meme. Current year.

Inb4 another guy making a skit out of my performance. Yes, this is sad but "please clap".

Edited by Alroy

55 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Pro tip:

Give up on "sappy hopeless romantic" idea you have inside your head.  You should not let anything hinder you in case you are really dead serious about it - and by doing so you ought believe there is a "right" moment somewhere - considering your situation it could be VERY close. Who knows? (I don't know that but you know it better yourself, right man?)

I ain't the guru or the man of all good knocks but I had to comment on your situation since your current thinking sorta reflected the situation I have been stuck in for ages - " will she treat me like a foreigner? Am I too "alien" to her? Can there even be chemistry between us as in mutual sense?" questioning has turned me into miserable, skeptic fuck but let's not get too personal and dramatic with these details:

Just get this "Gaijin" thing out of your system. The more you think about it, the more  you are braking your own progress there. To be frank, thinking akin to "how should I go since they are white/black/Japanese/asian/slavic/african/trans/etc. etc." is completely irrelevant if you do honestly sense there is some real stuff going on between you and "the one" you may cherish etc.

Current year, guys - it's not a meme. Current year.

Inb4 another guy making a skit out of my performance. Yes, this is sad but "please clap".

Typical me ... overthinking everything. Let's just see how this weekend goes ...

Well, honestly, thanks for the advice and at least taking me seriously. I truly wish you the best in your current situation. From what I can gather, you've got a good head on your shoulders, so don't let anyone discount that. 

What is Microsoft thinking about Linux ?

Is Microsoft trustworthy ?

It's bugging me

Noob like me will never understand

---------------------------------------------

Project IPC 15+1

---------------------------------------------

Edited by Eikazuya

I'm the only one who gets annoyed by all this people in YT like "I camw from this and that"
Like just watched Insanity Injections PV and like 90% is there like "I came from FineBrothers"

Like yeah no one cares if u came from finebrothers or some other shit.
No need to spamm the comment sections with this shit. 

8 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

^ That's a bit harsh ...

not as harsh as them trying to make """reaction videos"""  for $$$$ and attempting to scam their fans with "react world"

Edited by midi:nette

Yeah. I still think that's a bit harsh. Just because they made some shady business attempts doesn't warrant that type of response. They're human beings still. I don't particularly like them or their company, but I don't think that's the way you should react to people (no pun intended). 

Got up late, Open COmputer

Updates broke my PC

Play Yu-Gi-Oh! And About to  win

Works comes up

And my butt is itching a lot

I am sensing bad aura emitting

from my body

-------------------------------------

(=___________________________=)

-------------------------------------