zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Had one of my favorite Korean kids go "Hi. Do you speak Korean?" at me, only for him to end up confused and end it with him telling me what his group name was in English. Omg, they were adorable.

accept it

burnt out and not even able to rot

otherwise? No, don't even think about it

wishing for others but saving it all

My boyfriend has no backbone and let me open my ONE "secret" Christmas gift early:
546974_10152062278218469_2044801726_n.jp

Wicket the Ewok 1983 plush in near mint condition!!! I wanna sleep with him, but that'd wreck his condition! ;_;

So yeah, a "bilingual's small rant" post here:

Yay, our country has passed to the semi-finals in hockey (olympics), I guess - but at the same time I feel so sorry for Russia's poor teamplay (and I actually kinda wanted them to score more tbh)

Also, dear Yle (our broadcasting company): your hockey commentators SUCK - they are tasteless dweebs with no sense of empathy, tolerance or acceptance. If you call that as your "traditional/cultural trait", you can surely just eff off and bury yourselves out of "our" sights (by "our" I meant us, "the other minority", the "other bilinguals" ("Fennorussians", Fennoslavic people, etc. etc.)). You are even daring to go below the NBC-level of awful in terms of sports by commenting the efforts of our "arch-rivals" ignorantly and make tasteless jokes about them as so-called "fanservice for racist-like dweebs"? Think about "image" you give about yourselves to the audience before doing "pressured commentary slips".

Many good reasons not to watch hockey off TV, btw (well no shit, who even watches TV in our generation these days?)

Anyways, looking forward to other countries' efforts too (like US and ESPECIALLY Canada (the powerhouse of hockey, pretty much?))

ps. might belong to "bad day/rant" thread but there's more than just ranting tbqh.

My hair is growing longer and my beard is trying to finally come in. I'm becoming a very sexy man, very quickly.

Yay, I have been feeling annoyed for a while ebcause there aren't cheap gyms (monthly pay) around my city and that I didn't have anyone to go with. Today I randomly came across some gym with a discount 29,90e/month! I also called my sister (who works out a lot. She's crazy about working out, she has a sixback already) about it and heard that she has been planning to get a membership from the gym for a while. So now I will also have someone to go with! :3333

I want to get fit like her too. 8< Slowly...

I often wonder if people genuinely appreciate my company (for me) or if they merely appreciate the fact that I'm facilitating THEM with company.

I've found myself in more one-sided relationships and friendships than I'd like to (one-sided in that I'm usually the one giving my time, attention, affection, etc, etc)...At any rate, I need to reevaluate myself and the vibes I broadcast to the universe, as I tend to attract too many people who are needy, yet don't know how to reciprocate.

Double post:

Steering clear of people with low/bad vibrations is a great, healthy practice - especially for continued, positive growth and cultivating inner peace, but I wonder if it also neglects the less glamourous side of compassion. Perhaps avoiding such people is compassion in itself, but I also believe this way of thinking assumes that others aren't worthy of bettering themselves and growing into better, more positive vibrations. I dunno.

If it's true that you attract what you put out, (ie ppl with bad vibes will attract bad vibes and bad situations, and ppl that emit good vibes will do the opposite), then does the nature of these dynamics strip everyone from the obligations of compassion?

I'm still figuring this out...

[[after i'd finished, I decided to read it back, WHOA I can barely make out my point despite it being mere minutes ago. But it just falls into the relevance of the random thoughts thread I guess]]

Recently I've found the whole attitude towards music confusing. Maybe it's because I've been out of the loop, not only on MH but other places too.

We criticize people and their way of making music, their livelihood.

Rights. 
What rights do we have?

Leaving it out there for the public to sample, they're asking for it...

But asking for what exactly?

Because I walk outside on a regular basis does that mean other people have the right to assault me?

Of course not, we'd be stupid if we thought like that

Or would we? Decency in the humans around you is the only thing that allows us to keep on living

Okay, so I lost my trail of thought slightly there, but perhaps you're still with me. It's just the criticisms of music as if there's some objective standard of correctness that we ascribe to all music. Opinions are fine, reasoned well, keeping the space open so others can still breathe and not live in constant fear. But constant attacks and blunt rejections, dude...

Visual kei too, reading a thread in 'News' about BORN. A concept of a favorite band? I don't really understand it.

Taking each release as it comes rather than always looking back. Always comparing.

Meaningless speculations, 'it's not their fault'

Change? You can't bring it about...

Refusing to believe that 'your' band will fall into 'that' category and turning a blind eye to everything that tells them that it is the case

Epitome of the phrase

Off topic again with my disjointed thoughts, apologies

Maybe I just have an extremely dry sense of humor or some of my company has rubbed off on me finally. I can't draw a line between criticism, pure hate and jokes. Of course, i'm not one to talk. I'm just as responsible.

But is it really so fulfilling?

Guest MollyMouse

How old is time and how was time made? If we were to can't back so so so far as far as our brains could possibly hold , how far would it be? How did anything exist? What is existence for that matter then? How did we even come to be?

I personally don't have a religion , and believe in science and what I see. I cope with death by the thought of returning to a concious state some day through the energy I put out and all the cells that hold me now. They will create a new organism some day , though I won't remember this.

With this thought process then , how many times has everything been remade? How old is our energy? How was it even created in the first place??? I'm not asking how we got here , but how anything got anywhere!

My brain can't fathom the thought of time being endless! It keeps looping and looping and looping , and sometimes , this racks my brain so much that it hurts!! I just cannot understand how anything was created in the first place...and if there is a god , how did they get there? Who created them then????

69 is my favorite number so just wanted to post some randomness here :v

why is always when you are trying to succeed in something, putting a lot of efforts to make that happen but because of a lack of confindence/persistence/skills/knowledge/other stuff you are fated to fail again and again. so in the end you are like "nah, fuck it. 'die trying' is not for me i'd rather die without even trying." and you just return to your miserable existence and slowly await for the fucking end. 

69 is my favorite number so just wanted to post some randomness here :v

why is always when you are trying to succeed in something, putting a lot of efforts to make that happen but because of a lack of confindence/persistence/skills/knowledge/other stuff you are fated to fail again and again. so in the end you are like "nah, fuck it. 'die trying' is not for me i'd rather die without even trying." and you just return to your miserable existence and slowly await for the fucking end. 

My train of thoughts on this topic:

it's because most people never learn how to get up after they fall. Success never ever comes easily, and people might think otherwise because successful people often give out that vibe of carefree-ness and liveliness. But maybe they just learnt how to get themselves back up. How to stay persistent. It could even be the "fake it till you make it" mindset. 

But there are two characteristics truly successful people with almost no exceptions have: A healthy dose of self-criticism and the ability to organize themselves well. I'm talking about people who are successful on both important plans of life: personal life (family, love, self-fulfillment, spirituality, hobbies) and professional life (what people usually take as "success", but it's really not success without the other part as well). 

Both self-criticism and good organization helps them overcome their flaws, just as you said - lack of confidence, persistence, skills, knowledge etc. You can not succeed if you're not willing to work on yourself. The moment you notice you lack something, start working on getting it. I realize my drawings aren't as good as those of my idols, analyze my idols' works, and figure out what I need to work on and start doing it straight away. I realize my japanese skill has been decreasing recently, go through a random text, figure out that my vocabulary isn't broad enough, pick up a dictionary and start learning new words. Beginning something is the hardest part. Once you begin, you probably come to a point where you're just lacking persistence. That's where organization skills come in handy. Organize your time and your day so that you don't really notice you're working on self-development. Draw several studies of a body part you're not so skilled at during a boring class. Subscribe to a "japanese word of a day" e-mail listing on a language learning website. 

The elevator can only be used on your way down. To go up, you have to take the stairs. One step at a time.

And don't approach success in a "I want to be successful" kinda way. Approach it in a "I want to be the best version of myself possible". People don't notice you because you want to be noticed by people. People notice you because you noticed yourself.

/my philosophy/

Just saw this quote on tumblr and it very much reminds me of 2 women that I know on and offline, respectively

For me, a woman who is absorbed in her work, who does not care about gaining one’s favour, strong yet subtle at the same time, is essentially more seductive. The more she hides and abandons her femininity, the more it emerges from the very heart of her existence.

- —  Yohji Yamamoto

revising all today, reading textbooks and automatically going on tangents...
well that's how these came about

"matter of contingent fact"

Does a matter of fact have to necessarily be contingent?

Can we deny the existence of contingency in the first place due to the indispensable scaffolding of language?

Interchangeability of 'fact' and 'truth'. Does one necessarily entail the other?

arghhh it's fucking summer time D; so many skirts, mini-skirts, tights, stockings and just nice legs everywhere ;___; makes me want to stay at home all the time and don't go anywhere. fuck!

Guest mitsu the indie girl

I eat too much sugar. I should probably stop doing that.

i feel u bro.

do you also have thoughts about cutting woman's body on half just to have the best part of it? :3 and then you can put on them all kind of clothes you want *__*

^__^

^__________^

^_____________________________^