Sign in to follow this  
soradubboi

Best Drummer in your opinion

Nero from Merry is probably the best japanese drummer I've heard.

Joe (it's Joe right?) from hide's solo works has some pretty sweet drumlines too.

Yes, it is Joe

he's pretty good, but then again, I loved all of hide's solo work

I love Nero from Merry. he's a great punk rock drummer AND a great jazz drummer. what's not to like??

great personality, too.

also have to sound my approval for Dir en grey's Shinya. most of my favorite Dir en grey songs are my favorite ones because of his drumming.

Nero from Merry is probably the best japanese drummer I've heard.
this! fucking this!! i agree!!!

Guest 膣分泌液
Ahito Inazawa from Number Girl
THIS. I love that man.

And giving this thread so much side-eye. Dying at the Deg and A9 suggestions.

I love the drumming skills of Shinya of Dir en grey, Eiji of FACT, the drummer from Rin Toshite Shigure (dunno the name), and Naoki of DEATHGAZE. As for American bands, I think Derek Bloom of From First to Last, a post-hardcore band from Florida, is amazingly underrated, as well as Francis Mark of From Autumn to Ashes, a post-hardcore band from New York City that are no longer together. Oh, and the original drummer of Norma Jean, a metalcore band from Georgia. None of these drummers get the recognition they deserve! Ah, and then there's Chris Pennie, the current drummer of Coheed & Cambria who used to destroy with The Dillinger Escape Plan…

I love the drumming skills of Shinya of Dir en grey, Eiji of FACT, the drummer from Rin Toshite Shigure (dunno the name), and Naoki of DEATHGAZE.
The drummer from Rin Toshite Shigure's name is Masatoshi Nakano.. definitely have to agree with you on that one as well. He's got amazing skills.

Shinya from Dir en grey, Sjuk from DELUHI, Ryo from Girugamesh, Yuki from Versailles and Hiroki from D. And that dude from FLOW

Nakano from ????? Shinya from Diru and Yoshiki [hatersgonnahate.gif], those are the first to come to my mind. Sadly, most VK drummers are rather forgettable.

One of the best western drummers would definately be Gojira's, that dude is simply amazing.

I like both Shinya from DeG and LUNASEA

Also Drummer of FACT, Eiji

From Western, i always amazed with Joey Jordison, alike Shinya of DeG, small body but big power.

Also i admire Dave Lombardo of Slayer, John Dolmayan of SOAD (actually all SOAD guys are equally awesome), Travis Barker of BLINK 182, Bozzio of FRANK ZAPPA and of course Portnoy of DT

hard to say, agree with Eiji of Fact and shinya of diru

but the one i really really like myself is Jun-Ji of Bull Zeichen 88 and Gackt (also session for bands such as lm.c) if you watch the pv of bz88 (hauu & prologue) you can see his amazing skills and if you listen to their song Skin, omg its so tight, amazing! also when i heared him live with gackt, the way he did Zan, amazing!

i also like Sujk (deluhi) and Asano of lynch. can also drum tight as hell! watch their live perfomances of i'm sick bcoz luv you, damn! really really awsome

and of course Yoshiki, a master

K from NoGoD. That dude can pull of a timing change like nobody's business... he'd be right at home in a straight up prog band. Also, even though I don't like Merry, Nero is a fantastic drummer... he's always spot on, and he has a good fill sense. Yoshiki (yes, I know), because he creates the best live energy.

Oh, and none of those guys can touch Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater or Neal Pert from Rush. :P

Sadly, most VK drummers are rather forgettable.
very true. if i havent searched the wiki and youtube i will never find lots of VK drummers.

in contrary of many opinions, many old bands have great drummers. and still searching... i suggest that we put their videos here so that we can enjoy and see their performances.

Fotis Benardo (Septic Flesh)

Kai Hahto (Wintersun/Swallow the Sun)

Rolf Pilve (Miseration)

Kevin Choiral (Sybreed)

Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)

Gene Hoglan (Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad)

Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) (say what you want about the dude and his band, he's fantastic)

Neil Peart (Rush)

Stef Broks (Textures)

Nero (Merry)

Sujk (Deluhi)

Naoki (Deathgaze, aka, only good member of Deathgaze)

Shinya from Dir en grey, Sjuk from DELUHI, Yuki from Versailles and Hiroki from D.
Basically this, but there are others that I can't think of at the moment.

Junichi - Galneryus

Sujk - DELUHI

Tsukasa - D'espairsRay

Shinya - Dir En Grey

Outside of JRock:

George Kollias - Nile

Nicko McBrain - Iron Maiden

Nick Menza - ex-Megadeth

Mick Kenney of Anaal Nathrakh. Just listen to him and you'll understand.

Jens Maluschka of Disillusion. He's amazing, so precise.

Niko Knappe of Dark Suns. The guy sings, drums and acts awesome all at the same time.

I don't know about "the best", but these drummers are my favourites:

- Tatsuya Yoshida (Ruins, etc)

- Tatsuya Nakamura (ex-BLANKEY JET CITY, Losalios, etc)

- Nero (MERRY)

- Shinya (LUNA SEA)

Sign in to follow this