zombie8mylunch

deadman

17 hours ago, hotcocoa said:

Mako was invited by Kaya to the 15th anniversary live of Schwarz Stein today.

How I wish I was there T~T

I wonder how many years it will be until he comes to another live...

I was there ^^

He sang 暖炉の果実 (kein), グラミー (kein) and site of scaffold (deadman) alone, and then also Schwarz Stein's "Hakobune" and "Last Hallucination" together with Kaya and Hora at the encore. He was also throwing sweets into the crowd like Santa, smiling, laughing and even talking during the MC! Unbelievable TT 

Actually during the MC Kaya told a bit of how he invited Mako. At some uchiage he asked him something like:

- You haven't performed lately, right?

- Well maybe I should do in the nearest future...

- Eh? But you haven't sang for so long, why don't you start with performing few songs at SS's oneman?

- Well ok ^^

So MAYBE we'll hear from him again quite soon? Who knows.

Edited by HotaruFilth

55 minutes ago, HotaruFilth said:

I was there ^^

He sang 暖炉の果実 (kein), グラミー (kein) and site of scaffold (deadman) alone, and then also Schwarz Stein's "Hakobune" and "Last Hallucination" together with Kaya and Hora at the encore. He was also throwing sweets into the crowd like Santa, smiling, laughing and even talking during the MC! Unbelievable TT 

Actually during the MC Kaya told a bit of how he invited Mako. At some uchiage he asked him something like:

- You haven't performed lately, right?

- Well maybe I should do in the nearest future...

- Eh? But you haven't sang for so long, why don't you start with performing few songs at SS's oneman?

- Well ok ^^

So MAYBE we'll hear from him again quite soon? Who knows.

Lucky!! :D

Thanks for more details!

I saw him with a friend at the Hollowgram's live some time ago, I don't think there was any MC that time. Much less sweets!!

I really hope we will! 

Edited by hotcocoa

Oh my, thanks for the live report! Did they have any cameras there? (= is there a chance for a live recording being released sometime?)

10 hours ago, Case said:

Oh my, thanks for the live report! Did they have any cameras there? (= is there a chance for a live recording being released sometime?)

There was Arakawa-san from zoisite taking photos. She's already posted some of them on twitter and hopefully will publish some more soon. 

But I doubt there'll be a video. I saw no other cameras. 

On 11/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, HotaruFilth said:

There was Arakawa-san from zoisite taking photos. She's already posted some of them on twitter and hopefully will publish some more soon. 

But I doubt there'll be a video. I saw no other cameras. 

I have been sick a lot lately and just seeing this thread alive with Mako's face all over it is so uplifting. I can only imagine how much energy there was in that live show among the fans. I would have been crying. Thank you for updating us!

16 hours ago, Saishu said:

When I listen to Keel I can’t help but think “why isn’t deadman still a thing again?”

i mean, the sound is still there. We just need Mako behind the mic. 

I'd be down for that.

I want deadman back,  9goats too

Edited by Ozileras10

On 12/19/2017 at 8:29 AM, Ozileras10 said:

I'd be down for that.

I want deadman back,  9goats too

I wish they would both be back. deadman especially, but I know there is a reason for Mako not returning to the music scene actively though.

For those who haven't noticed, Mako will act as a special guest at Schwarz Stein's oneman live at Shibuya REX on February 25, 2018.

Kaya also mentioned in his twitter that it's only a "prologue" (whatever it means) (upd: it meant only the new release for SS and their autumn tour).

Anyway seems like this time there'll be a continuation of the story (upd: nah, there wasn't xD)

The last time I started a separate topic about it someone moved it to SS 15th anniversary discussion as insignificant, so I think I'll just leave it here.

Edited by HotaruFilth

On 1/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, HotaruFilth said:

For those who haven't noticed, Mako will act as a special guest at Schwarz Stein's oneman live at Shibuya REX on February 25, 2018.

Kaya also mentioned in his twitter that it's only a "prologue" (whatever it means).

Anyway seems like this time there'll be a continuation of the story.

The last time I started a separate topic about it someone moved it to SS 15th anniversary discussion as insignificant, so I think I'll just leave it here.

Be still my heart! I saw when he posted on his Twitter about it a few hours ago and I almost lost my mind. Unfortunately I can not attend, however I am incredibly happy to see that he is more active. 

deadman were definitely one of the greats. I love the god and death stars and KEEL, but man...I wish deadman would make a comeback and a couple more albums. blue badge, himawari, rem. and in media are still on heavy rotation for me to this day.

Edited by Paraph

This mini album mmmmm yes. Perfect from start to finish, gotta love the reworked songs.

Fun fact: "701125" most likely refers to 25th November 1970, the date of famous author Yukio Mishima's death (who died by ritual suicide after attempting to carry out a coup at a military base).

Edited by Jigsaw9

I remember buying 0605231830 for a shockingly low 3900 yen at Closet Child like 4ish years ago. To this day one of my favourite concerts.

Edited by Paraph

(Alright, I'm gonna try this again. Little do you guys know that yesterday I spent over 5 hours gathering my thoughts on something I wanted to contribute here and after putting together a draft I was satisfied with, my browser crashed and I lost it all 😑. Since I couldn't let it go, I'm gonna try and recover what I can from memory. A "take-two", if it sounds better.)

Over the years, I've been asked why I enjoy listening to deadman so much, and more specifically, how I find Mako's voice appealing at all. While this may sound like a dumb question to a majority of the older MH members here, I want to provide my insight if it helps at all.

Spoiler

Idk .... it's like, Mako not only sings, he speaks to you at the same time. Volumes, chapters, and echoes of what I can only guess are solace, resonate and hit you hard as fuck as the listener, especially when your cognitive thoughts are at their weakest. I'm not trying to hype him up, but Mako was able to provide so much vigor and stamina with this voice (which I know sounds odd given that it sounds dejected and melancholic at some points), that imo, gave a new meaning to the word "resuscitate" for those of us in and out of that vulnerable state or low point in our lives.

Since I'm currently between a rock and a hard place, I took the time to listen to their discography, and right away I can tell you 3 things:

• Mako's croons are at such a perfect pitch level (I think this is referred to as the "tonal center" or "focal point"), that what some would confuse as monotonous, I interpret as colorful. Telling you to listen to "additional cause of sorrow" (or any other song in In the Direction of Sunrise and Night Light) would be cheating, so give "Sakura to Ame" or "taion" a listen. Small nuances like the quiver in his wails, the strain in his short breaths, and how personal he becomes with the microphone (you can almost visualize it), are such admirable and raw forms of his talent that you won't notice them until you feel the mood he places himself in. I rarely hear this form of passion in vocalists nowadays, and surely many can attest to this, but this slightly explains why we come running back to his vocal embrace time and time again. In short, an artist well-deserving of his title.
  • The guitar chords in songs (listen to fan favorite "盲目の羽根と星を手に") are also so well selected, shifts in tempo and atmosphere are swiftly done, giving that unconventional complexity associated with the Nagoya Kei style more truth. By being unpredictable, it allows their music to keep its high points at a constant during every playthrough. If you don't know who guitarist Aie is, then all you need to know about him is that any band he touches, has always been noticed. A well-respected member since the early days of Nagoya Kei's fruition, the flavor in his performances satisfy anyone's palate for that balance of light and dark. Shout out to the fade out of "盲目の羽根と星を手に" at 2:58. Just marvelous.
  • Their music has no superficiality to it, and I think this is the most important thing to take from all this. I feel this is a facet of professionalism that has been lost in the scene these days, where fans could relate and be drawn immediately to their music, while at times never knowing what the members actually look like. It's a style of "Visual" that I feel is ingrained in Nagoya Kei, and deadman were at the very top of that spectrum, providing substance to music that sounds like it was recorded then and there, or rather has to exist.

I think @saishuu said it best: deadman became one of the best forms of "comfort music" to newcomers and old-fucks of the VK scene alike.

With that, I've completely lost my train of thought, and feel a lot better now, so yay.

3 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

(Alright, I'm gonna try this again. Little do you guys know that yesterday I spent over 5 hours gathering my thoughts on something I wanted to contribute here and after putting together a draft I was satisfied with, my browser crashed and I lost it all 😑. Since I couldn't let it go, I'm gonna try and recover what I can from memory. A "take-two", if it sounds better.)

Over the years, I've been asked why I enjoy listening to deadman so much, and more specifically, how I find Mako's voice appealing at all. While this may sound like a dumb question to a majority of the older MH members here, I want to provide my insight if it helps at all.

Hide contents

Idk .... it's like, Mako not only sings, he speaks to you at the same time. Volumes, chapters, and echoes of what I can only guess are solace, resonate and hit you hard as fuck as the listener, especially when your cognitive thoughts are at their weakest. I'm not trying to hype him up, but Mako was able to provide so much vigor and stamina with this voice (which I know sounds odd given that it sounds dejected and melancholic at some points), that imo, gave a new meaning to the word "resuscitate" for those of us in and out of that vulnerable state or low point in our lives.

Since I'm currently between a rock and a hard place, I took the time to listen to their discography, and right away I can tell you 3 things:

• Mako's croons are at such a perfect pitch level (I think this is referred to as the "tonal center" or "focal point"), that what some would confuse as monotonous, I interpret as colorful. Telling you to listen to "additional cause of sorrow" (or any other song in In the Direction of Sunrise and Night Light) would be cheating, so give "Sakura to Ame" or "taion" a listen. Small nuances like the quiver in his wails, the strain in his short breaths, and how personal he becomes with the microphone (you can almost visualize it), are such admirable and raw forms of his talent that you won't notice them until you feel the mood he places himself in. I rarely hear this form of passion in vocalists nowadays, and surely many can attest to this, but this slightly explains why we come running back to his vocal embrace time and time again. In short, an artist well-deserving of his title.
  • The guitar chords in songs (listen to fan favorite "盲目の羽根と星を手に") are also so well selected, shifts in tempo and atmosphere are swiftly done, giving that unconventional complexity associated with the Nagoya Kei style more truth. By being unpredictable, it allows their music to keep its high points at a constant during every playthrough. If you don't know who guitarist Aie is, then all you need to know about him is that any band he touches, has always been noticed. A well-respected member since the early days of Nagoya Kei's fruition, the flavor in his performances satisfy anyone's palate for that balance of light and dark. Shout out to the fade out of "盲目の羽根と星を手に" at 2:58. Just marvelous.
  • Their music has no superficiality to it, and I think this is the most important thing to take from all this. I feel this is a facet of professionalism that has been lost in the scene these days, where fans could relate and be drawn immediately to their music, while at times never knowing what the members actually look like. It's a style of "Visual" that I feel is ingrained in Nagoya Kei, and deadman were at the very top of that spectrum, providing substance to music that sounds like it was recorded then and there, or rather has to exist.

I think @saishuu said it best: deadman became one of the best forms of "comfort music" to newcomers and old-fucks of the VK scene alike.

With that, I've completely lost my train of thought, and feel a lot better now, so yay.

one of the few times I'll agree with every word you've said ;)...awesome summary as to why deadman are so beloved and still classic, great reading your thoughts! deadman are definitely comfort food for anyone whos feeling down

11 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Hide contents

You really summed up my feelings on them. They're unlike any other band to me and that "comfort" feeling really drives the point home.