zombie8mylunch

deadman

i think deadman r one of the best bands in the j-history. so much violence in their music, it was so unbelievable. i'm very sad about their disbanding.

Me too. It was the hardest thing for me to take in. I mean i've had a lot of favorite bands that broke up but deadman was so unexpected.

Ah, Deadman.. I really liked them. And still do, too. Their last album was pretty much my favorite release of theirs I've heard as of now...

Yes...deadman was a grat band...one of my favorites...their last album is awesome...but my favorite song is "This day,this rain".I 'm totally fallen in love with this song...is so sad but I like it ...

In the direction of sunrise and night light, was my favorite album as well... well actually it was really pretty much the only album I ever got into. But "Follow the night light" is such a kick ass song!! xD

deadman is the only band which have 3 songs i consider to be "legendary": Arizuka, In media and Additional cause for sorrow. i'm not sure which album's bettah, In the direction of sunrise and night light or No Alternative

does anyone know what the other band members r up to except aie??

I really like their music. It actually has proper instrumental, and doesn't rely only on the vocals, or endless solos. It has some sort of balance. Plus, the vocal is good, apart from the looks and the theatrical acting (which is somewhat charismatic) his voice has some raw power, it just get's to you.
I can freely say that I'd like them to have more music released, but on the other hand, their two albums are awesome. The band seized activities while they had really really good music.

Guest pixyfalse01.

I liked them really and i'm disappointed too, but not because the deadman disbanded, -u see japanese bands come and go- cause Mako retired from  musical activites... why !??? why !??
my favorite song is maybe... 「Degreeds Centigrade」 maybe

although most of aie's bands end up sounding like deadman without mako anyways.

but yes deadman (and p much all of aie's other stuff by proxy, too) is/was great

does any1 know what the rest (besides aie) is up to? i remember there was a band called "gift", which was the solo project of their drummer right? what about the others?

^ Mako (vocalist) is not doing any music, tho recently he pops up at random vk concerts in the audience, or hangs out with some musician friends (like ex-D'espairsRay Hizumi, or ex-Merry go round Kazuma). To my knowledge, neither Toki (drummer) or Kazuya (bassist) are in the music biz anymore, or at least their status is "unknown".

Former bassist Yukino was in the studs (alongside aie and late ex-Kagerou frontman Daisuke), and afterwards he formed the band dim my division who changed their name (and line-up a bit), becoming DIMMDIVISION.. He goes by the name Yuki Amano there, and is on vocals and guitar.

Lastly, former bassist Takamasa Matsuura is nowadays not participating in bands, but is the head of Blastbeat Japan, which is a non-profit organization geared towards supporting young people through music events. More info and English interview here.

^ Mako (vocalist) is not doing any music, tho recently he pops up at random vk concerts in the audience, or hangs out with some musician friends (like ex-D'espairsRay Hizumi, or ex-Merry go round Kazuma). To my knowledge, neither Toki (drummer) or Kazuya (bassist) are in the music biz anymore, or at least their status is "unknown".

Former bassist Yukino was in the studs (alongside aie and late ex-Kagerou frontman Daisuke), and afterwards he formed the band dim my division who changed their name (and line-up a bit), becoming DIMMDIVISION.. He goes by the name Yuki Amano there, and is on vocals and guitar.

Lastly, former bassist Takamasa Matsuura is nowadays not participating in bands, but is the head of Blastbeat Japan, which is a non-profit organization geared towards supporting young people through music events. More info and English interview here.

now this is what i call a detailed answer O.O thx mate for clarifying! too bad mako and the rest aren't doing any music anymore :/

The entire No Alternative album in general was just glorious.

My personal favorite would have to be Follow the Night Light from the album In the Direction of Sunrise and Night Light.

Damn, it's ridiculous how much I miss them.

There is not a single song I dislike, but my favorite has always been ドリスからの手紙 for sure (with Rip Roll Soil being a very close second).