Sign in to follow this  
sai

Easy J-Rock songs to start with when learning how to play guitar

I've started my guitar lessons recently, and it would be great to learn how to play a J-Rock song. Can someone recommend me a song with some easier riffs that I could try playing? Up until now I've only played the first riffs of Wake me up when September Ends by Green Day. Thanks in advance!

... Lost in Thought, by Phantasmagoria is a simple song to learn. The rhythm is just simple riffs, and something you can learn by ear easily. Here it is played live, to give you a little cheat if you want to see a general idea where their hands are at while playing.

And, of course, you can find the tabs for the song if you Google it. But again, give it a shot by ear

I believe the song tuning is a step or half-a-step down. Give them both a try and see what's in tune :3

There's more songs out there, but I believe this to be a good start

Good luck and practice lots~ :3

... Lost in Thought, by Phantasmagoria is a simple song to learn. The rhythm is just simple riffs, and something you can learn by ear easily. Here it is played live, to give you a little cheat if you want to see a general idea where their hands are at while playing.

And, of course, you can find the tabs for the song if you Google it. But again, give it a shot by ear <3 it won't be easy at first, and it'll probably take you a while to get it, but it's great practice. Don't get frustrated with it 8D

I believe the song tuning is a step or half-a-step down. Give them both a try and see what's in tune :3

There's more songs out there, but I believe this to be a good start <3

Good luck and practice lots~ :3

Thanks a lot! This sure is going to test my patience XD

Most songs of Dir en grey. Especially Kaoru's parts.

Gazette's heavy songs are usually pretty simple too. Especially Agony and Burial Applicant.

Anything by ScReW. Wailing Wall is one of the most basic songs I've ever heard. (It still sounds good in my opinion though)

It's in Drop D tuning. just play G Bb Eb F. ... I think haha

When it comes to easy J-Rock, I would go with most Plastic Tree songs, and only a few GazettE songs here or there. Other than that...avoid Dir en grey songs, they are much too difficult -- even the easiest songs.

Other than that...avoid Dir en grey songs, they are much too difficult -- even the easiest songs.

You... can't be serious with that? Can you? Because thats one of the most bullshit sentences I've ever read here on the forums.

Oh no I am being serious. Most people can roughly cover their music (earlier material mostly), but no one can thoroughly cover their songs. I have seen countless identical covers of practically every Japanese band out there, but there is not ONE decent cover of a Dir en grey song because their music, though not the MOST IMPOSSIBLE to play, is near impossible to imitate. Kaoru's and Die's personality in their playing is then, mega impossible to pull off.

You don't understand this though, you're just an idiot I guess.

edit: the comment I replied to of course, comes from a Hide fanboy. Which says a lot...

edit: the comment I replied to of course, comes from a Hide fanboy. Which says a lot...

Oh god. I can see you're having your PMS lately, girl. Not good. Cheer up. :lol:

Oh god. I can see you're having your PMS lately, girl. Not good. Cheer up. :lol:

coming from the queen of PMS

Haha Wow! What did i just read. Dir en grey songs are easy to learn and play, and no reason to even try to make something more out of it.

I started with kotekote myself. Easy to find simple fun ( while it lasts ) practice from that department.

Oh no I am being serious. Most people can roughly cover their music (earlier material mostly), but no one can thoroughly cover their songs. I have seen countless identical covers of practically every Japanese band out there, but there is not ONE decent cover of a Dir en grey song because their music, though not the MOST IMPOSSIBLE to play, is near impossible to imitate. Kaoru's and Die's personality in their playing is then, mega impossible to pull off.

You seriously need to stop putting Dir en grey on this divine pedestal of yours, it's disgusting. I've heard countless Dir en grey covers on YouTube, and I agree that not many of them sound that great, but you're just being ridiculously close minded to even dare to state that there is not a single decent cover. Your problem is that you can't even bring yourself to believe that anybody else can play your precious deities' songs as good as they can. You can't sit there and tell us that Berry/Rasetsukoku/Grief/Cage/Kasumi (just off the top of my head) and their elementary riffs are "near impossible to imitate", simply because you can't accept the reality of it. Grow up.

Also, learn to discuss like an adult please. Throwing insults around automatically makes your statement invalid, and makes you look immature.

Predicted counter statements:

- "haha u mad?"

- "I DO NOT MEAN DAT! DEY JUST CANT PLAY WIT SOUL~ LIEK KAORU AND DIE!"

- "lol"

- "Miasma=0 Will=1 godzilla.gif"

- "HAHA DATZ BIG TAK COMING FROM A (band that I like, that you'll figure out from looking at my Last.fm profile)-FAN!!11!

How dare you, Miasma? Dir en grey are the most divine, unique, brilliant, unimitatable band that ever existed. Do not disagree with Will, he's an advocate sent by Kyo himself to spread the knowledge and chant the Dir en grey mantra. No band will ever be as worthy of his dedication.

ok everybody :D let's judge everyone by theyr avatar! I bet you love Arnold and like to get high, don't you?

me? I love Fuko and her big boobs :D

How dare you, Miasma? Dir en grey are the most divine, unique, brilliant, unimitatable band that ever existed. Do not disagree with Will, he's an advocate sent by Kyo himself to spread the knowledge and chant the Dir en grey mantra. No band will ever be as worthy of his dedication.

:hug:

Thread unlocked. The last few posts found here are irrelevant to the original thread topic. Please refrain from commenting on them as the user who initiated the thread derailment is no longer here and everyone has moved on.

So! Continue the discussions.

PS. Give thanks to maiku for PMing me asking for this thread to be unlocked so he could continue the discussion.

Sign in to follow this