Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

I am legitimately scared of and for my country...

NDAA, SOPA, PIPA....most of the American people aren't even aware of these acts because the mainstream media refuses to cover them. Our rights are being stripped away with a widening gap in poverty levels so high it makes Chinese immigrants sick but we still believe we're the best country in the world and won't do anything to make it better.

I'm still deciding between being the guy that scoops out buckets of water from the sinking Titanic or the guys playing the string instruments going down with dignity. It's a little too late to jump ship. Countries are starting to lock down on their immigration policies and being wealthy and being educated are now two mutually exclusive fields.

I hate to be so depressing but America is getting obliterated by the unadulterated greed of it's Child Congress. I need to know there are people in this country that are aware of what's going on and want to do something just as much as I do.

I totally feel you. I used to think you could actually get good things done with politics until i realized its all BS. Soon after I pretty much realized how controlled the media along with other institutions are. I pretty much lost faith in the entire system. There's to many corrupt power hungry individuals in government compared to those who actually might have the countries and peoples interest at heart. Nothing good or even logical gets done and I feel voting for the most part is choosing the lesser of two evils when it comes to politicians. No matter who you choose the public and country gets screwed. The extent the masses gets screwed depends on the politician.

Hence I'm an anarchist. Mostly because my ideas and beliefs (which I feel are simply common sense) go against the practices and decisions in today's government. I believe most of the government has become obsolete and destructive and that at this point we could do without most of it. Furthermore I believe a revolution needs to takes place in the masses in order to restore order. Fuck the government, fuck the politics, fuck republicans, fuck democrats and fuck what other party you want to be labeled as. Neither of these things will change the country or the tyrannical policies being implemented. Only when the millions of people in the country band together to make a change for the better will anything get done. It's been proven true throughout history and in other countries and needs to happen here. I will end by saying that I am against violence and by revolution I mean the public's awakening to what the government and those in power are doing to the country and its people. But I wouldn't be surprised if down the road things do get quite violent.

For my part I feel the best I can do is the dissemination of information concerning such acts as you have mentioned.

I told my dad about this SOPA video:

y7DkrsCCQ_A

and he said I was crazy for thinking that companies would create technology and distribute it to eventually screw everyone over.

Oh shit . . .

JhwuXNv8fJM

This will also help explain everything that is going on.

They have pushed back the dates on voting on all of these bills. The Senate and Congress members started to realize how much of a back lash that these bills would have on the public. And even thought this has not been talked out on the news. The public has been really good about spreading the word of these bills and just what is going to happen if they go through. And this is not going to affect just America. It is going to affect the rest of the world.

and on that SOPA-account...

http://torrentfreak.com/us-threatened-t ... aw-120105/

In a leaked letter sent to Spain’s outgoing President, the US ambassador to the country warned that as punishment for not passing a SOPA-style file-sharing site blocking law, Spain risked being put on a United States trade blacklist . Inclusion would have left Spain open to a range of “retaliatory options” but already the US was working with the incoming government to reach its goals.

NDAA, SOPA, PIPA....most of the American people aren't even aware of these acts because the mainstream media refuses to cover them. Our rights are being stripped away with a widening gap in poverty levels so high it makes Chinese immigrants sick but we still believe we're the best country in the world and won't do anything to make it better.

I'm still deciding between being the guy that scoops out buckets of water from the sinking Titanic or the guys playing the string instruments going down with dignity. It's a little too late to jump ship. Countries are starting to lock down on their immigration policies and being wealthy and being educated are now two mutually exclusive fields.

I hate to be so depressing but America is getting obliterated by the unadulterated greed of it's Child Congress. I need to know there are people in this country that are aware of what's going on and want to do something just as much as I do.

I have wondered for awhile how long it was going to take people to realize that Congress is, and has been, the real enemy of the people for a long time. Not the presidents. They're pretty much puppets in my eyes.

I'm always scared when the government looks to take away a freedom in this supposedly free country.

But this bill is dangerous, and I don't mean that sites will be shutdown and restricted, I'm looking at a bigger picture. Anonymous and Lulzsec came into the press last year, if you are an internet surfer you know what these groups are cpable of. Let's say these bills pass, what will the hackers of the world do? What are the hacker TRULY capable of? Could they potentially take the government hostage by storming their way into the mainframe of CIA computers? Could they cause the collapse of power and plunge the nation into pure anarchy? What can they do? We don't know.

So yes I'm scared our "free" country is going to be less free. But more scared of what a group of hackers could do.

So this reports said it is shelved until next month (LOL): http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudios ... gislation/

but this official statement seems rather glum: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/01/ ... ine-piracy

i guess after reddit and wiki blackouts yesterday,

the congressmen will have enough reasons to rethink.

Kinda sad though that Hollywood and MPAA are main supporters/sponsors for this bill.

Cos i know i can never away from some of their movies :<

If SOPA passes, the US government will destroy pretty much their entire country. Almost everything is done through the internet: shopping, banking, free information etc. And what about the people working at websites like Wikipedia and Google? If all these websites will be shut down after SOPA, how many people will lose their jobs? As if the current unemployment in the US wasn't high enough already. People these days are too dependant on the internet, and so are the big companies. Starting SOPA will destroy the entire community and economy. And Anonymous has indeed stated they will hack the government computer system and publish all their secret operations so everyone can read it. Letting this bill pass would be destruction of their own kind. Same with the plans Europe is making with a similar bill. They even want to make sure we can't go to court to say we're being censored, they want to prevent this. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Well the bill pass, it will definitely give more privilege to the rich.

As big companies will able to blindly suing smaller business websites that they think threatening their business.

Also, it can also have side effect to outside the U.S.A. too,

because well we're U.S.A and we like to make sure that no one mess with us.

If SOPA passes, Europe will follow with a similar measure. When that happens I'm packing by bags and moving to Switzerland. They're not part of the European Union so the bill won't affect them.

I hate the fact that everything is done to please giant rich companies and they don't give a damn about the people anymore. Obama actually does, and now Hollywood is doing this? As if they don't have enough money, greedy bastards. I'm siding with him and companies like Google, Wikipedia and other companies who fight against SOPA. Hell, I'll even stand with Anonymous if that's what it takes to get the job done. I swear to God, if a Republican is elected this year SOPA will be approved. Please Americans, vote Obama, the only chance to destroy SOPA.

Boy am I glad I got that file from Wind when I did :x

This has the potential to change the dynamic of this website

This also just killed off half the J-Rock archives in one go

See, that's just bullshit. Even though there are tons of files on sites like MU that are illegal, there are also files that are not. Now how are people with legitimate files on that site supposed to retrieve them?