Spike760

the GazettE

3 minutes ago, Saishu said:

But they’re okay with selling music on iTunes?

I didn't say they were complete against it they just have little interest or in other words they don't care.

I don't think the videos being region blocked was the band's decision. I don't think any artists themselves would just be like "nope, let's make sure everyone except for the US can view our videos." I'm pretty sure this is Sony's fault, and I think YouTube themselves have something to do with it as well. IIRC when YouTube Red became a thing, a lot of Japanese labels' videos would be not viewable in the US, but viewable everywhere else. Before YouTube Red, there was a brief period of time when GazettE YT videos were viewable in the US. I think the band tried to make a VEVO YT account so their videos could reach US viewers, but the videos were still blocked from the US because of motherfucking Sony.

But I am absolutely certain that the band themselves wouldn't block their videos from being viewed in the US for any reason.

7 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

I don't think the videos being region blocked was the band's decision. I don't think any artists themselves would just be like "nope, let's make sure everyone except for the US can view our videos." I'm pretty sure this is Sony's fault, and I think YouTube themselves have something to do with it as well. IIRC when YouTube Red became a thing, a lot of Japanese labels' videos would be not viewable in the US, but viewable everywhere else. Before YouTube Red, there was a brief period of time when GazettE YT videos were viewable in the US. I think the band tried to make a VEVO YT account so their videos could reach US viewers, but the videos were still blocked from the US because of motherfucking Sony.

But I am absolutely certain that the band themselves wouldn't block their videos from being viewed in the US for any reason.

even utada getting bamboozled by sony's l i e s :cry:

http://aramajapan.com/news/utada-hikaru-tweets-region-restricted-music-videos/84379/

It’s definitely Sony Music Japan. I had two copyright strikes from them on my old YouTube account, and it was because I uploaded Gazette and MUCC songs. And it just doesn’t make any sense. You can’t watch some PVs on YouTube, but you can buy the music on US iTunes. 

Edited by Saishu

49 minutes ago, Chi said:

One commenter on that site said that Sony accepted the YouTube Red agreement, which you think would make all their videos viewable in the US. Well, nope, Sony's xenophobic as fuck, and have been restricting their videos to Japan for YEARS

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

One commenter on that site said that Sony accepted the YouTube Red agreement, which you think would make all their videos viewable in the US. Well, nope, Sony's xenophobic as fuck, and have been restricting their videos to Japan for YEARS

funny enough, that utada video is for realsies japan only

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB25tW3A2HPM

but gazette only hates a handful of the existing countries

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU0630s6MrMA

"Please note that, depending on the region, there may be slight delay in releasing the video due to the technical nature of Youtube. We would appreciate your kind understanding and patience."

didn't know clicking reset was so hard

Edited by Chi

19 minutes ago, Chi said:

depending on the region, there may be slight delay in releasing the video due to the technical nature of Youtube

What the fuck does that even mean? Technical nature? And Utada's tweet said something about how it "takes time for videos to be ready for worldwide viewing." Unless there's a copyright or otherwise legal issue that simply exists because Sony is multinational, there should be nothing complicated about uploading a video to be viewed by the whole world.

What this is is Sony not wanting to admit that they don't want their artists' to gain exposure outside of Japan. Burying the obvious truth in vague lies is the worst customer service practice I can think of.

Exactly! Sony Japan is messed up for doing that. I am convinced most of their rosters, if not all, are facing the same issues on YT

Was listening to some Japanese Tribute albums here,and suddenly I started to wonder why so many legendary bands participate on such projects and the gazette is never included in it? They don't like covering songs? Would be nice to hear Ruki singing something different from gazette songs

45 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

Was listening to some Japanese Tribute albums here,and suddenly I started to wonder why so many legendary bands participate on such projects and the gazette is never included in it? They don't like covering songs? Would be nice to hear Ruki singing something different from gazette songs

it could be their management says "leave us the fuck alone" and no one tries anymore.

Just now, Disposable said:

I do think Sludgy Cult also counts as a cover 

Of what?

Yeah,I knew someone would mention the kuroyume cover and i appreciate Ruki's "harsh" vocals from the gold disorder era. however , I wished they could give us some memorable cover, considering their current music production

Edited by Manji 卍

4 hours ago, Mamo said:

Of what?

I mean........... :D

(MEJIBRAY also did "their version" once, and at least a few other younger vk bands iirc)

This legend posted a live of sentimental na onigokko that would afaik be the only one out there for people who just don't happen to collect gazette terekos. Fuck this band was so good back in the day that there's no way you could have ever predicted that one day they're making their living by ripping off vetements for merch. 

edit: and fuck me the third song appears to be unreleased. christmas came early 

edit 2: at times it vaguely sounds like backdrop junkie. the chorus would lead one to believe that this is a previous version of the song

Edited by Disposable