Spike760

the GazettE

2 hours ago, Alroy said:

They also need to open their ears and eyes to see that there is something really wrong about their B-sides being almost stellar while A-sides as of lately tend to be trash instead.

How are their A-sides lately trash?

Ugly was one of the best A-side they ever released 

undying was pretty good too.

Edited by Ozileras10

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

I honestly think DIM is a much darker album on a thematic level. DOGMA’s issue is that it seems like the band decided before recording it that it was going to be dark. It doesn’t sound genuine. I’m sure Ruki is angry, but taking a Slipknot riff and calling it RAGE comes off a bit, I dunno, phony. 

To your point, I feel like everything they've done post 'Before I decay' has been too concept driven. 

"This is the dark age. So now our music is going to be dark.", "This is the electronic age. So now our music is going to be electronic."

Lol at Slipknot worship. You're right, I think I hear some people=s***

22 minutes ago, ghost said:

To your point, I feel like everything they've done post 'Before I decay' has been too concept driven. 

"This is the dark age. So now our music is going to be dark.", "This is the electronic age. So now our music is going to be electronic."

Lol at Slipknot worship. You're right, I think I hear some people=s***

“The concept is Division so we’ll split the songs across two discs and then just release a single disc version and smash the track list of one disc in the middle of the other.”

also, yeah, that’s exactly what Slipknot riff they used. Though to be fair, DEG did it too in the latter half of Reiketsu Nariseba. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

“The concept is Division so we’ll split the songs across two discs and then just release a single disc version and smash the track list of one disc in the middle of the other.”

also, yeah, that’s exactly what Slipknot riff they used. Though to be fair, DEG did it too in the latter half of Reiketsu Nariseba. 

Haha whoops. Forgot about that one.

Yeah but I didn't even notice when DEG did it. Gonna have to listen for it next time.

7 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

How are their A-sides lately trash?

Ugly was one of the best A-side they ever released 

undying was pretty good too.

They are far away from holding a candle to their earlier efforts. Just because you become heavy, dark and shit does not make your efforts that of top notch quality.  Mind that GazettE has solidified their base as a hard rock band in the past rather than as a legit metal band with respective qualities. You'd at least bother to read previous statements provided by others to get some insight on the actual opinion of the masses.

Have you ever wondered that why the most popular and loved GazettE bops have not been filled with kvlt/br00tal mess? Because people, including most of us, love them when they know and demonstrate the value of melodic, catchy and cohesive hard rock-oriented songwriting. The aforementioned br00tal mess is not up fans' nor GazettE's alley, I tell you.

I remember distinctly saying all of this when DOGMA dropped in my review. The album has legit zero staying power, so while it's cool to listen to at the beginning the draw back is just not there. I'm quite glad these guys went hermit on us because that means they are giving themselves some time. Time doesn't mean that they will produce something good, but I'd rather that then churning out obvious crap to punch in sales.

I'm looking forward to the new album because then we will get a bunch of B-sides that they have no faith in which could potentially be some of their greatest work yet. They always put the good stuff on the singles and they know it, but for some reason they refuse to put them on albums where they belong. FADELESS is the only single exception in recent memory where the B-sides were total garbage.

That is not how you pronounce "REMEMBER THE URGE"

Chijou was quite dull and CLEVER MONKEY was one of their most embarrassing efforts ever. I don't get all the hate over FADELESS B-sides like "Forbidden Beaver", which in spite of its title was a neat no-joke-legit-song. And AOI song to say the least!

The singles leading up to Toxic had some kiiiiller b-sides. And, take all the singles from Shiver to Remember the Urge and you got yourself a Toxic 2.

Also, Sludgy Cult is probably my favorite post-Dim album song.

Me personally, I still listen to the GazettE from time to time... but being around the fanbase... to me they've become more of a fashion statement or "trend setter" that also happens to play music. I see more fans talking about what merch they own and what RAD Market goods are in their ootd than I do of them talking about their actual music. I gave DOGMA a listen through before and frankly, my opinion, it was really just background noise. I couldn't tell you the name of probably more than 2 tracks on that album. 

21 minutes ago, Saishu said:

No, because I can’t watch them because Sony Music Japan is dumb. 

lol same and I don't feel like proxying my way around it.

23 minutes ago, LIDL said:

I never understand geo blocking for music videos. Like.., don’t they want to have global reach?

But actually no I think they don't anymore. I heard they had really bad experiences with touring in Europe and ever since then they've showed little interest in reaching a global market.

weird but i'm able to watch them from here in Puerto Rico yet if I turn on my VPN which changes my IP to a NY one then it no longer works xD

55 minutes ago, Mamo said:

But actually no I think they don't anymore. I heard they had really bad experiences with touring in Europe and ever since then they've showed little interest in reaching a global market.

Where can I read more about this? Sounds interesting/funny

1 hour ago, Mamo said:

But they’re okay with selling music on iTunes?