Spike760

the GazettE

15 minutes ago, geist said:

Asking someone to cite all of the "Djent" bands they know of that use 7 strings in a discussion about the predominance of 8 string guitars within the style seems rather appropriate for the conversation, no?

I also don't see how identifying Djent as copying the unique style of Meshuggah -- which objectively speaking, it is -- to be "vexing" either, especially not when you bold the words to provide emphasis and bolster your case.

Maybe because there is no such objective view on which instruments and the amount of strings or equipment involved make which ever genre or subgenre you are listening to? Bands have written death metal, nu metal and similar sorts of binary rock/metal genres in standard 6-string tunings too. So I fail to see the point in challenging someone to go pronto in naming those 7-string djent bands, hence me bolding some vexing words in your comment.

But this is not the right thread to discuss such things.

26 minutes ago, Alroy said:

But this is not the right thread to discuss such things.

Indeed. Let's stay on topic, guys.

edit: take this convo elsewhere - any posts continuing it here will be removed, thanks.

5 hours ago, fieldsgrow said:

If every song is as good as undying it will be my aoty. But it won't be. I'm really feeling the cognitive dissonance of being really hyped for the album while at the same time knowing there is a near 100% chance it will disappoint. It's a never ending cycle with me and the gazette.

Tbh this should’ve been the mentality post TOXIC. As annoying as it is, it’s fairly easy to tell via samples which will be the standard GazettE tracks on a new album and just focus on the new tracks.

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Indeed. Let's stay on topic, guys.

edit: take this convo elsewhere - any posts continuing it here will be removed, thanks.

Well shit, I can’t even add my point in a conversation I started!

They should pick up their punk roots again. Strip down all the ambiance, electronics, dramatic presentation and just give us 50 minutes of raw riffs and focused song writing. Dogma was so full of fluff, I think a deconstruction of their sound would do them some good. 

They should just rethink and put those B-side songs as A-sides instead. Ones might disagree but even DOGMA b-sides GODDESS and VACANT had more of this focused songwriting that @ghostmentioned.

Some degree of differentiation is required here or else we may not able to tell GazettE from other schlocky alt. metal bands. This is highly important even if we may recognize Ruki right away no matter what they are playing.

http://heresiarchy.tumblr.com/post/46519794210/the-gazette-song-composers

If we buy into translations of this person, RUKI did compose a lot of gems during their better days. Fucking Nakigahara, fucking Nausea & Shudder, fucking Hyena...

What happened?

If anything, Uruha and RUKI should be barred from songwriting and AOI should be the sole songwriter now.

there's a better arranged list of their compositions, it's consistently mostly Ruki and Uruha dating all the way back to disorder.

Edited by nekkichi

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

i don't understand how could the "fans" complain about DOGMA,compared to those three average albums after DIM

DOGMA was absolutely outstanding . if you can't enjoy DOGMA,honestly i don't comprehend  what you expect from the gazette

I don’t know what to expect from Gazette either. 

And listen, Dogma is fine, but it’s pretty one-dimensional. There were people claiming it to be some great stylistic shift for the band when it was really just aggressive and heavy Gazette without any ballads. We’ve heard it all before. 

Just now, Saishu said:

was really just aggressive and heavy Gazette without any ballads. We’ve heard it all before. 

Well,I see OMINOUS and DERACINE as good "dark ballads" in the album

DOGMA is an assemblage of half-baked ideas.

I mean, listen to "DEUX" or "OMINOUS" and try to tell non-fans that they did not neglect cohesive songwriting at all, and that they know exactly what they are doing with sudden transitions. How many different songs did they lump into these tracks again?

Dogma, Rage, Grudge, Deux, and Ominous are the only tracks I like on that album. But that’s more than what I liked on Toxic and Beautiful Deformity put together. 

Fuck. Now that I think about it, Division wasn’t that bad. 

21 hours ago, Ozileras10 said:

This link was already posted 

8 hours ago, Alroy said:

DOGMA is an assemblage of half-baked ideas.

I mean, listen to "DEUX" or "OMINOUS" and try to tell non-fans that they did not neglect cohesive songwriting at all, and that they know exactly what they are doing with sudden transitions. How many different songs did they lump into these tracks again?

I thought the consensus was that OMINOUS was one of the best tracks in the album, hence the early release.

I can enjoy a good bit of DOGMA on an individual track basis, but as a whole it's far too tiring to listen to.

edit: I can appreciate their foray into "darkness", but DOGMA was perhaps a bit too heavy-handed in its approach. Even DIM had a certain levity about it that kept the album from becoming self-indulgent to the point of staleness. That said, I do enjoy this darker/heavier sound of theirs, I just hope that they can create more of a balance on their next album. Have a little fun with it.

I honestly think DIM is a much darker album on a thematic level. DOGMA’s issue is that it seems like the band decided before recording it that it was going to be dark. It doesn’t sound genuine. I’m sure Ruki is angry, but taking a Slipknot riff and calling it RAGE comes off a bit, I dunno, phony. 

4 hours ago, Nagisa said:

I thought the consensus was that OMINOUS was one of the best tracks in the album, hence the early release.

Depends on whom you are asking. Were Japanese fans involved in this case?

What if they also want to listen to something that is not a Chizuru template? Like, newer ideas that just sit together in harmony?

CODA off the previous album was close enough to being something they have not done before with finales, but it ain't enough!

They also need to open their ears and eyes to see that there is something really wrong about their B-sides being almost stellar while A-sides as of lately tend to be trash instead.

Spoiler

(way before that though)