Spike760

the GazettE

On 3/15/2017 at 10:53 AM, Disposable said:

New Ito was dare I say the worst thing about this whole debacle. It's been completely knackered into piss-stained grey pulp and I sincerely hope this is not the version they're going to play live. 

Nah brah, your nostalgia goggles are on.  New Ito is pretty great, but that's just me.

Then again, I never really cared for old GazettE; the production always sounded weird to me.

I'd like to believe that but it just sounds like static to me. It has been too long since UNDYING.

I'm amazed that the term "cash grab" is being used here for a band in an industry whose singular focus is to write, promote, and sell music.

"Best of" compilations are easy money makers. The one distinction here is that all the songs are rerecorded, but at the same time they didn't bother getting a sound engineer and the band did it all themselves. To me the whole thing sounds rushed, and I'm also inclined to believe that Kai didn't even play on it. Sounds like programmed drums to me. 

Fuck this album was trashed by people back in the day, and now it's pretty much entirely forgotten about; all the while I thought it was great pretty much from day one and still spin it on occasion. The aesthetics have this sort of ill-dated charm to them now too.

Yoin was one of the best songs Gazette wrote (or Aoi I should say) from 2011-2013. Ibitsu just sounds like a rearranged Shiver to me, which in turn reminded me of Regret. 

Anyway, I listen to Division more than Toxic and Beautiful Deformity. I think the whole split disc concept was a huge failure (especially since there was a single disc version anyway), but that at least made it easy to avoid Ruki's ill-conceived takes on industrial metal. 

I'm curious where they're headed next stylistically. I liked Dogma, but it was not an evolution of the band's sound in any way; it was Gazette without ballads. And I'm hoping Ruki loosens his iron grip a bit for the next album. 

I actually thought the "double mini album" concept worked out just fine. I never listen to DIVISION as a full length album and I always forget about the regular edition until someone brings it up (the tracklist doesn't flow as well, imo). I do agree that 余韻 is one of their best songs between 2011-2013, I just wish it was longer.

DOGMA pretty much shattered my hopes for this band being a bit easier on Ruki's dominant songwriting and a bit more focused on what Aoi and Uruha have to offer instead.

Okay, post-DOGMA singles aside but I am still not convinced that miracles could happen anytime soon.

I actually like DIVISION more than BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. But I do find Ibitsu very forgettable especially since like Saishu said it sounds like way too similar to Shiver.

My first Gazette album was STACKED RUBBISH and I honestly disliked it very much at first. I only decided to give them another chance when DIM was released because of all the hype i kept hearing about in different forums and I'm so glad I gave them a second chance. Hell I even like STACKED RUBBISH now and listen it a lot (still hate Filth in the beauty).

DOGMA was great for me because it was on the more br00tal side but Gazette does shine more in ballads in my opinion which DOGMA lacked.

honestly i just hope they don't fully ditch the electronic part of their sound that started to show since TOXIC because that is the main reason i love them so much. But they should keep the br00tal vocals and the shuga shug shug from time to time. 

Wow it's been 5 years since DIVISION. I wish they would just show us what they are working on next.

I like new gazette when they're sweet. TOXIC singles sans vortex, beautiful deformity ballads, ballad disc from division ( don't hate the other disc either tho ) 

The heavier side of new-gazette just flies past me. The heavy stuff on DIM bangs but everything after that nah. Even DOGMA just makes me want to listen to bands that go all the way with the core and don't just flirt around with it like that. I stopped listening to dogma completely the year it was released

the only trend left for gazette to jump on is prog-djent so thats my prediction <3 especially given how fucking slow ruki is to adapt to the west's shit trends <3

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

ruki probably hates all their music on the dl and just wants to do trap and sell ripoff merch 

this is 100% fact i bet you he's already played magnolia to the point of tears and begs for VIP weeknd tickets to match his sadboy alt rap shtick

tbt when he posted the JMSN mixtape cover on insta lmfao

On 10/9/2017 at 7:24 AM, Furik said:

WHAT IS HE WEARING

That was the big takeaway for me, as well. Forget the album, I want to know what Ruki is wearing.

4 hours ago, geist said:

That was the big takeaway for me, as well. Forget the album, I want to know what Ruki is wearing.

That's a picture of Iris Apfel on his shirt

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Felt the random need to point out how much I hate when Ruki paints those black lines on his neck. It looks like shit. 

you wont get it until you do them on yourself and see just how much slimmer and sexier ur neck chin and jaw look...can't believe ruki invented contouring