Sign in to follow this  
virtute

Hello!

I'm virtute and I'm new here. I meant to introduce myself sooner, but the holidays have a funny way of stealing time.

I'm 21 and currently a resident of the US, although I much prefer to spend my time in Canada.

Musically, well... truthfully, I don't even. I like a lot of metal and I've been getting into post rock quite a bit lately. I was a big fan of visual kei for several years but save for a small number of bands; nothing is really catching my attention. I guess this is my way of saying that I hope to find some new recommendations while I'm here!

Outside of music, I enjoy watching hockey, discussing zombies, and cats. I'm also a bit of a Legend of Zelda fanatic.

It's nice to meet you all!

Welcome!!! You've definitely come to the right place! :staru:

Although there are a ton of VK fans here, there are also lots of post-rock and metal fans here as well.

What Japanese post-rock and metal bands are you familiar with already? ;]

Welcome virtute! Nice to meet you.

As for post rock, there's actually a thread about it here. Check out some of the recommendations or post some that you know of! Otherwise, check the download section for both the VK- and non-VK promotion threads. Or even check out "Project Mixtape," a collection of mixtapes created by various users here at MH.

So, there's plenty of different avenues of discovering some new music.

I hope you enjoy the forum!

Welcome!!! You've definitely come to the right place! :staru:

Although there are a ton of VK fans here, there are also lots of post-rock and metal fans here as well.

What Japanese post-rock and metal bands are you familiar with already? ;]

Thank you!

Let's see... For metal, I like Galneryus, Concerto Moon, and Onmyouza. As for post rock I really like Mono, Envy, sleepy.ab, and most recently (thanks to last.fm) Sgt.

My taste is still a little rough yet, but I'm working on it. ^^;

Welcome virtute! Nice to meet you.

As for post rock, there's actually a thread about it here. Check out some of the recommendations or post some that you know of! Otherwise, check the download section for both the VK- and non-VK promotion threads. Or even check out "Project Mixtape," a collection of mixtapes created by various users here at MH.

So, there's plenty of different avenues of discovering some new music.

I hope you enjoy the forum!

Thank you, nice to meet you too!

Oh, and thank you for the links! I will definitely check them out as soon as possible! :)

I'm also a bit of a Legend of Zelda fanatic.

You might already have it but I'm uploading something LoZ related in the DL thread in a bit. You might like it.

Sign in to follow this