Sign in to follow this  
Yasupon

Which Browser Do You Use?

Which internet browser(s) do you use and why?

I use FF for MH due to login reasons and I also use Chrome, often at the same time. I find that both browser have indefinite advantages over each other.

Chrome, for its speed and convenience; I like to able to have ONE toolbar and be able to type in keywords directly in the search engine, etc. Safari is my secondary browser; I also find it a lot faster although some of its features are confusing.

IE is annoying and wants to download too many toolbars and crap, I got sick of it after a while. I'm neutral on the others.

I used to be a user of Chrome but Chromium for Arch seems to run really slowly on my computer, so I ditched it in favor of Firefox. It's actually not as unweildy as the Windows version and I find I need a third of the plugins that I used to have in order to get the same level of Internet security. FF is clearly the winner for me in this situation.

I also don't like the fact that Chrome tracks my every move but that's not a deal-breaker for me. That's just something I wish they didn't do.

Chrome. Firefox died (kind of) on me a year a go and I had to change to it. I tried to go back to FF after I changed PCs, but it's unbearble how slow it is compared to Chrome.

Chrome, I use to incredibly loyal to Firefox back and can be super hipster about it and say I used Firefox before it was cool. However I ended up on the off chance of using Chrome for some reason or another AND HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK!

I really don't have a problem with either though, I'm actually posting this from Firefox but I use Chrome at home.

Downside to Chrome is that I haven't found an alternative to the FireFTP addon for Firefox but it's not a deal break for me.

Firefox. I switched to Chrome for a short period, but the fact that Chrome was missing such a simple, essential feature like a fixed sidebar was annoying the crap out of me, so once FF updated the browser to finally be fast again I switched back. In terms of speed there isn't much of a difference anymore, FF has a few addons that Chrome doesn't have though I could live without them, but I do need my fixed sidebar.

I still use Chrome for some thinsg though, like Turntable.

Firefox. I switched to Chrome for a short period, but the fact that Chrome was missing such a simple, essential feature like a fixed sidebar was annoying the crap out of me, so once FF updated the browser to finally be fast again I switched back. In terms of speed there isn't much of a difference anymore, FF has a few addons that Chrome doesn't have though I could live without them, but I do need my fixed sidebar.

This is exactly the same reason as to why I'm sticking with Firefox. Chrome does seem faster indeed, but the sidebar is an essential feature that shouldn't be lacking on it. Plus I'm way too used to FF by now to switch to another browser (I remember struggling with IE for years after FF was launched 'cause of this lol).

opera (it's my main browser since v. 7 or so, when they ditched banners and went completely freeware)

I still have chrome for compatibility reasons too,

and sometimes use safari (hate it, but it was pre-installed anyway.)

i use chrome more than firefox. chrome is faster in terms of searching and loading but in terms of cleaning history mozilla is faster.

Chrome for the most part of my browsing activity.

I like it because i can search Google from the address box, so practical LOL

Save me time to open Google.com first before searching what i like to find.

Same thing goes with YouTube, i can just click tab button after typing "you.."

and then search for the video i like to find/watch.

Plus their "inspect element" thang helped me so much

to steal some locked images + website background for personal use LOLOLO

Sometimes switched to FF, cos they have some apps

that i can use for some purposes, that i didn't found

on Chrome. Say to grab some embed video on websites, etc.

FF apps have greater ability to get the job done.

Opera Mini on my mobile devices.

It's the best mobile browser yet.

And with Opera Mini,

i can actually do copy pasta lyrics from some Japanese websites

that not allowing such activity on PC browser LOLOLO

Suck it, websites!

This is exactly the same reason as to why I'm sticking with Firefox. Chrome does seem faster indeed, but the sidebar is an essential feature that shouldn't be lacking on it. Plus I'm way too used to FF by now to switch to another browser (I remember struggling with IE for years after FF was launched 'cause of this lol).

Yeah, same here for me.

And with Opera Mini,

i can actually do copy pasta lyrics from some Japanese websites

that not allowing such activity on PC browser LOLOLO

Suck it, websites!

one of reasons i use opera is because I can disable many image-protecting features like flickr users put up sometimes

(they're putting a transparent gif over images; tumblr does that too)

so I can save reference photos from there.

^ yes, i just update my Opera and they brought that feature back.

So i am very pleased with it. They were getting rid of this feature on version 9-10.

Hence i am using Chrome to do the trick.

When people talk about Firefox being slow, slow at what exactly? Loading websites or how much system resources it uses? My PCs have always had ample amount of operating resources to run FF fine but my Internet speed isn't any different in Chrome or Firefox (or in any browser for that matter). So what exactly are people talking about when they say Firefox is slow?

When people talk about Firefox being slow, slow at what exactly? Loading websites or how much system resources it uses? My PCs have always had ample amount of operating resources to run FF fine but my Internet speed isn't any different in Chrome or Firefox (or in any browser for that matter). So what exactly are people talking about when they say Firefox is slow?

idk about "slow", but it's the most RAM-hungry browser in my experience.

I still remember days when I've had only 1 GB ram, and while opera was fine with 75-100 mb, it was never less than 250 with FF.

didn't leave much room for multitasking!

also ugliest browser ever.

^ yes, i just update my Opera and they brought that feature back.

So i am very pleased with it. They were getting rid of this feature on version 9-10.

Hence i am using Chrome to do the trick.

not sure what you mean, they never took any features out, but they did hide author/user mode bar at some point for the sake of Design Streamlining or smth equally pointless.

it still was possible to bring it back through settings.

Chrome. Always used FF, then I tried out Chrome and loved it.

I occasionally use FF though, since it has certain add-ons that Chrome doesn't have (or which I haven't found yet)

the best thing I love about it is that while Chrome, Firefox and Opera users fight about which browser is better and blame IE, Maxthon is always on the side of the holywar just perfectly working for me :)

Sign in to follow this