Pandabear

Earphones/Headphones

Does anyone have experience with JBL wireless headphones? I am looking to ask for the E45BT’s for my birthday since I’m tired of replacing wired earbuds every other month. They look sleek and not bulky, and the general reviews are 4.0 - 5.0 stars. This is from the general public though and likely not from real music hooligans. 

I’m not a certified audiophile myself but I’m just looking for something decent with some endurance, somewhere around €80. 

Edited by Lestat

On 3/21/2019 at 5:38 PM, Lestat said:

Does anyone have experience with JBL wireless headphones? I am looking to ask for the E45BT’s for my birthday since I’m tired of replacing wired earbuds every other month.

Hey I'm not sure if your B-Day passed already but I can tell you if they are worth it or not. My nephew has the wired variant and I tried them on for shits and giggles.

Considering that your main problem is probably the wires/durability of the equipment, its an upgrade regardless of how you look at it and if you are careful to not extend/bend or fiddle around with them too much (most of the headphones in this price range are using plastic materials) they should last. If you have small ears these are perfect for you, otherwise they rest on your ear and I know some people find that uncomfortable for long sessions.

I'm sure you are aware of the sound quality reduction of going wireless, but I figured I'd mention it. What I always notice in this tier of wireless headphones is the lack of good drivers to reproduce the music at higher volumes. What I mean is that the bass is gonna grow weaker as you turn it up, but the highs (probably mids too) are gonna stay the same. For rock this is fine but do realize that the atmosphere/body of the guitars are gonna be emptier as you turn it up.

Side note:

Since the E55BT is actually only $10 or so more dollars online right now, I'd recommend going that route.

$10+ dollars gets you:

• Over-ear comfort
  • Better driver for sound
  • Better Noise Isolation
  • Longer lasting battery
  • Heftier/More durable materials

The only draw back is it IS heavier and bigger which if you have a small head it might not be for you.

@YuyoDrift I ended up getting the JBL TUNE600BT's (an upgrade from my initial request since these have noise cancellation as well) and they're a perfect fit. I have pretty small ears and a small head so these are great in a sense that they don't look bulky on me, which is what I was going for too. They also stay comfortable with glasses which is good! 

The sound is gorgeous for the music I'm listening to so I'm very happy with them. 

Just ordered a pair of the Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE4XX Planar Magnetic Headphones last week and they are already shipped and on the way! Couldn't believe it considering that the ship date was not supposed to be till the middle of July. I really don't need to buy anymore headphones, this pair is gonna make number 10, at this point my headphone rack is starting to look like a youtube reviewers setup :lol:

I just couldn't resist these sexy things...

AI7B0289_copy_cordless_20170801113907.jp

the plus side is that these supposedly sound a lot different than most of the cans in my collection, at least according to several reviewers so... I guess having options in sound signature is pretty dope :D

On 6/7/2019 at 12:28 AM, Original Saku said:

this pair is gonna make number 10

dude, I thought my 5 pairs were excessive o-o those look sexy tho~

at home I listen to music on my 13-year-old crusty ass Sennheiser HD515. I love them but they're falling apart. I'm thinking hard on replacing them with PXC 550 WIRELESS ones, since after switching to wireless I've developed a burning hate for wired anything. 

Also thinking on replacing the Plantronic 55 Explorer / Huawei M61 Sport (and people if you love yourself look elsewhere for wireless sport headphones) / JBL T460 combo I use outside with Sennheiser's Momentum Wireless but I'd need to win a lottery first to get both of these at once X'D 

In the meantime any recommendations for wireless headphones welcome! 

I got my HE4XX a few days ago and they are great set of cans. Really enjoying the difference in sound signature from my sennheiser and AKG cans.

But I also got something else in the post that I ordered a while back from massdrop...

af0Mnle_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

LCX x SDAC aka my end game headphone amp (for now).

Edited by Original Saku

Just realized this topic was here and i felt the need to share the headphones i use which actually really make some sounds from certain Visual kei songs come to life a bit better. I notice a difference when using these then a regular 5-20 dollar pair of headphones. I dont know if anyone has experienced an abrasion noise before when instrumentals and synths clash when using cheaper headphones. With these i dont seem to get that at all or as much. Obviously this also would have to do with song quality and studio quality but most songs i have played using these opened my ears a bit more. Sure is worth a shot and highly recommend if you like in-ear headphones.  You can pick them up for 50 bucks on ebay or amazon.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/bullets-wireless

earphone_black.png

(disclaimer: my price range would be $0 - $20 so that's ... not in line with most other commenters and no I am not a cheapskate I am just fucking poor ......) (also what's noise cancelling I'm often alone in a big house why should I cancel silence ? ? ? )  

True to the 90s boomer who listened to VK in the early 2000s I happen to own a couple of this bad bab called SONY MDR-W08 . It was my go-to headphones when I was a lil kid and now it's become sort of a cult classic with a "following". Lol go figure. But I can understand why. They're lightweight ( I can even sleep on them though it's not advisable as they can break down, not super easily but yeah. They're not replaceable so it's... not something I do regularly. Or not by accident lol. ) and their sound is pretty fine too. I wear it outside and carry it on my bag so having something that is practical and unexpensive (...considering its original price) to carry everywhere helps. If they break I'll probably go for another Sony MDR then.

They aren't my absolute favorites out of all those I have tested (don't really test those in-ear with loads of speakers and big earbuds that are all the rage in AliExpress because they hurt my ear smh, ) as my dad happens to collect headphones ( he is just Into Music, and by collect I mean ... Collect. But he likes those super bass kinds I couldn't care less for lol ) my absolute favorite would be ... an older (maybe late 80s or early 90s ??) Sony model idk the name ; the one I tested came with some spongey buds that are huge but feel very comfortable, as they're on-ear and higher pitched noises are so piercing on them. I have yet to see one that's nicer for sharp/higher sounds than those 90s Sony models - I'd listen to vaporwave on them and it was a whole experience. But then again I don't see a problem with Apple earphones (... I think I may have tested earbuds, to be honest idk as I don't own Apple devices and it was borrowed so.) they're nicely balanced IMO

(And again, keep in mind my price range is up to $20 lol.)

Edited by Chell
I just read the topic and discovered the proper words for Stuff

I was trying to edit my last reply and didn't find the edit button. Sorry about that. 🤧

Checked those earphones just to verify my impressions (because not my thing really, less because they're Not My Thing and more because I can't afford good earphones anyway) ; tried lower end brands like Sony and KZ and passed for 100% insane when I said my favorite of all lower-end ones long ago had been the Sony walkman one but funnily enough the Sony walkman one sucks on the actual Sony walkman and upon reevaluation on an ipod my point was conceded lol. Got the era totally wrong though (upon researching, it's actually mid 2000s it seems, as it turns out maybe my mind registers "2000s" as "jurassic old" lmaoo.) Granted it wasn't really a "lower end" it only came bundled with the Walkman so it was unfair of me to compare. Anyway, that made me realize I want to get (as an alternative for mine which may break sometime right? 😕 ) something like that for my next pair, though I have no idea where to start looking (... Sony MDR just seems like the obvious alternative but idk man). So if anyone more knowledgeable can help, that'd be nice. Thanks!

... Also, on Apple ones, I take back what I said. Regular ipod ones were some of the worst I tested ;; maybe I was thinking of airpods or some other thing.

Edited by Chell

the kind i always use i seen professional gamers use i  there competitons not only Leagueoflegends but COD other games and other consoles.

i buy from compnay logitech and the earphone smale called jaybird

i had x3's and jaybird tarah and jaybird run i had 6 pairs and still work excellent company for both gaming and tech.

they pricey but older models can be low as 30 dollars newer can be uo too 600+ ..

the tarah pro 200 and others 100 dollars i woen currently 5 pairs  all work excellent both wired and wireless

Edited by ki11edb1th3qu33n