Pandabear

Earphones/Headphones

7 minutes ago, Delkmiroph said:

Someone have Bose products  ? are good ? 

While I can't speak for their headphone, their speakers have been bad since forever. There is a joke that Bose stands for "buy other sound equipment."

That said, I there headphones seem to be regarded much higher than their speakers - it seems like they still have the best noise canceling tech in the industry.

4 minutes ago, Ito said:

While I can't speak for their headphone, their speakers have been bad since forever. There is a joke that Bose stands for "buy other sound equipment."

That said, I there headphones seem to be regarded much higher than their speakers - it seems like they still have the best noise canceling tech in the industry.

I agree about the headphones, i am thinking test this new product  the Bose QuietControl 30 wireless.

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.png

On 3/8/2017 at 1:46 PM, Delkmiroph said:

I agree about the headphones, i am thinking test this new product  the Bose QuietControl 30 wireless.

My friend has both this pair, and the old QuietComfort 20s

Bose is well known for their BT connections, being able to pair 2 devices at the same time (yet only hear audio through 1 device at a time).

Apparently the battery life is not as good as the QC20s, and they are a bit uncomfortable in comparison.

They do sound better than the QC20s he said, but not worth the $300 price tag.

Gonna hang out with him this weekend, and I'll give you better details.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

My friend has both this pair, and the old QuietComfort 20s

Bose is well known for their BT connections, being able to pair 2 devices at the same time (yet only hear audio through 1 device at a time).

Apparently the battery life is not as good as the QC20s, and they are a bit uncomfortable in comparison.

They do sound better than the QC20s he said, but not worth the $300 price tag.

Gonna hang out with him this weekend, and I'll give you better details.

Thanks. This new one sounds interesting to test. I already had QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones i really appreciate. Maybe i should buy my last one and wait for next upgrades about QuietControl 30 in future. 

On 3/8/2017 at 2:39 PM, Ito said:

That's funny I've had quite the opposite experience. I've owned the same pair of BOSE speakers for  years, and they're great. Good bass, mids and treble.  Great overall quality and really good clarity for what they are.  Don't know about their headphones though. 

6 hours ago, Delkmiroph said:

Thanks. This new one sounds interesting to test. I already had QuietComfort® 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones i really appreciate. Maybe i should buy my last one and wait for next upgrades about QuietControl 30 in future. 

I would recommend something with an ear-cup shape for headphones rather than earphone shaped, especially for that price. Unless you are specifically looking for that shape. You can't go wrong with any studio headphones nowadays. Would definitely stay away from gaming, or consumer grade devices like apple or beats. They're overpriced and don't come close to a fraction of what studio grade headphones can do. Consumer headphones do have more features, like bluetooth, leds, or whatever else, but it comes at the expensive of sound quality. 

Would recommend looking into the following brands

Sennheiser

Beyerdynamic

AKG

AudioTechnia

I also find noise cancelling to be gimmicky most of the time. Unless you're listening to music in a super noisy environment, or demand hyper immersion,  regular headphones at a normal volume level will keep all but the loudest sounds out. 

31 minutes ago, Panda_bear said:

Would recommend looking into the following brands

Sennheiser

Beyerdynamic

AKG

AudioTechnia

I also find noise cancelling to be gimmicky most of the time. Unless you're listening to music in a super noisy environment, or demand hyper immersion,  regular headphones at a normal volume level will keep all but the loudest sounds out. 

I will look about these brands, i prefer more noise cancelling. 

I've always been a user of mid quality speakers and cheap ass earbuds, but recently, I got myself some low level entry equipment, a Sennheiser MX581 earbud and the Hyper X Cloud Stinger.

To be honest, I don't know if my hearing is already fucked up because of 15+ years of rocking out music loud as shit, but I can't seem to notice much of a difference between stuff like 320kbps in comparison to FLAC versions or something.

Do you guys have any recommendations of lossless/lossy rips where you feel there are major sound differences or discrepancies, something like that? I'd like to give it a try!

Or may be your hearing is normal, there really isn't much difference between 320 and FLAC. To notice a difference, you'd have to be extremely familiar with the song or file and focus on the wierdest shit like high-hats or whatever high frequency instruments are used, subtle decay differences in vocals, stuff like that. I recommend just not worrying about it and focus on the music.

I use a simple Ear buds, that would be Sony Earphones in Black Color. It got old a couple months ago. I decided to get the same brand. It lasted at least two years for me. Used it everytime I go to a educational Community, I currently starting singing a song along with a audio as a new hobby, when it comes to boredom. 

Has anyone purchased the new Sennheiser HD 660 S yet? 

Fuck I'm dying for my Christmas bonus to get these lol.

I keep reading there is more accurate bass response, and the mids have improved over the HD650.

On 12/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, YuyoDrift said:

I keep reading there is more accurate bass response, and the mids have improved over the HD650.

Why not just go for the Massdrop HD 6XX's
They are basically the 650s, and I would be hard pressed to want to spend another $300 for a mild improvement.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

Oh but I have ordered them. I'd be an idiot not to get some cheap HD650s for $200 haha.

The wait is FUCKING LONG haha. Mine are on backorder until March of 2018 though. Ughhh.

I recall you saying you had a set of the Massdrop HD6XXs. 

You think the headphones work well for songs with more mid-range?

Apparently the HD660 S have improved mid-range, but if the HD650s are "good enough", then I'll hold off until the HD660 S lower in price next year.

On 12/9/2017 at 3:45 PM, YuyoDrift said:

nope I'm still quite content with my pair of HD 579 and AKG K240 as my main home listening head phones :D

I have been thinking about a pair of closed back cans soon, Been eyeing the Sony MDR-Z7.... but they're expensive af

8 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Oh but I have ordered them. I'd be an idiot not to get some cheap HD650s for $200 haha.

The wait is FUCKING LONG haha. Mine are on backorder until March of 2018 though. Ughhh.

I recall you saying you had a set of the Massdrop HD6XXs. 

You think the headphones work well for songs with more mid-range?

Apparently the HD660 S have improved mid-range, but if the HD650s are "good enough", then I'll hold off until the HD660 S lower in price next year.

What are you currently using that you aren't happy with?
And if you headphones are backordered, I would cancel them and go with the HD6XX's.
I'm bad at articulating how things sound - my daily drivers at work are the AKG k7xx's, they are great - clear, clear, and fairly flat. The HD6xx's are my home pair - they have more clarity that the AKGs imp and overall they just sound much more lively, I think partly because of the punchier mids. The thing is, the Senns require more power to sound great and the AKGs are more comfortable (I'm wearing them for like 6+ hours a day), thus the AKGs are my daily drivers at work.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:46 PM, Ito said:

What are you currently using that you aren't happy with?

Aside from my SONY MDR1000x with the built-in amp turned off, I'm trying to test out some Audio Technica (ATH-M50X) Headphones that I forgot I had lol but they are entry-level sounding compared to a 600 series from Sennheiser.

Something that recently caught my interest was this.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-hd-58x-jubilee-headphones

Apparently these are going to go for $150, which is an AMAZING deal for entry-level Sennheiser Headphones.

What makes this deal even more tempting is the use of 150-ohm drivers (the same drivers that the NEW HD660 S use), with tuned settings to compensate the much-lowered price tag, they are homage to the HD580 headphones from the 90's, which created the then legendary 600 series audiophiles have come to love.

I'm going to wait until release day to order, with hopes that they live up to the hype that a couple reviewers have recently posted about them.

Apparently they are HD600-like, with less treble, and much lower bass, almost disappointing bass.

Sennheiser is apparently still in the works on these, and that they hope to fix this lower frequency issue in order to address and improve the bass to the HD58x.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I upgraded my Schiit Audio Setup (also known as a Schiit Stack (Schiit Magni + Schiit Modi)), as the new Magni 3 just came out, and I gotta say it sounds about the same lol.

I will test the HD58x when I get my hands on them and see how these do under the Amp/DAC from Schiit.

Anyone can recommend me a good quality earbuds and at a fair price? I once thought in get a Sony MDR series, but didn't know they had so much types available. I used to had a pair JVC Gumy and a Philips SHE series and I suddenly thought about changing it after seeing you guys talking about noise cancelling tool and see in what some new earbuds with it may influnce on my listening experience.

25 minutes ago, yakihiko said:

Anyone can recommend me a good quality earbuds and at a fair price? I once thought in get a Sony MDR series, but didn't know they had so much types available. I used to had a pair JVC Gumy and a Philips SHE series and I suddenly thought about changing it after seeing you guys talking about noise cancelling tool and see in what some new earbuds with it may influnce on my listening experience.

Well, I may be able to help a bit.

What kind of budget are you wanting to start at?

$50 is kind of the starting point for something decent with noise cancellation.

Do you want go wireless?

It tends to make the price go up, but it can be very useful to you if you hate wires, so it'd be worth paying a little more.

Did you like the On-Ear style (JVC Gummy, Philips SHE series) or do you want to go switch it up with In-Ear (meaning they actually go IN your ears)?

It just comes down to personal preference (since I don't know what kind of ear shape you have haha) as you may enjoy one more than the other.

There's stuff on sale right now with the holidays going on, and so you may actually be able to get the most bang for your buck, assuming you want some right now haha.

15 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Well, I may be able to help a bit.

What kind of budget are you wanting to start at?

$50 is kind of the starting point for something decent with noise cancellation.

Do you want go wireless?

It tends to make the price go up, but it can be very useful to you if you hate wires, so it'd be worth paying a little more.

Did you like the On-Ear style (JVC Gummy, Philips SHE series) or do you want to go switch it up with In-Ear (meaning they actually go IN your ears)?

It just comes down to personal preference (since I don't know what kind of ear shape you have haha) as you may enjoy one more than the other.

There's stuff on sale right now with the holidays going on, and so you may actually be able to get the most bang for your buck, assuming you want some right now haha.

Right now, I'm more with something around $45-60, 60 is really the max I can get in some.

Not a fan from wireless, since I often sleep listening to music, and it mind get lost on fell from the bed.

I'm more friendly with this one style, but I don't quit the possibility to have an in-ear too.

8 hours ago, yakihiko said:

Right now, I'm more with something around $45-60, 60 is really the max I can get in some.

Not a fan from wireless, since I often sleep listening to music, and it mind get lost on fell from the bed.

I'm more friendly with this one style, but I don't quit the possibility to have an in-ear too.

Well we can definitely work within your budget for sure!

There is one thing I want to clarify: There exists Noise Cancelling, and Noise Isolation.

Here is a link to further explain the two.

With that said, in regards to earbuds, I don't think you have to worry about whether it is one or the other. You won't notice  the difference once they are in your ear.

Anyways, not sure where you're from @yakihiko, but I will link amazon pages with our pricing here in the USA (then check with your location if possible to see if they are about the same price).

Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 different Earbuds (in no order) from 3 different companies for recommendation.

I've used these personally, and I can attest to their sound quality for the price.

These are common finds, so you should be able to find these even at your local electronics store.

1. Klipsch R6 II

2. Sony MDRXB50AP

3. Sennheiser CX 5.00G

Here are 3 more recommendations, but these may require to look for them online.

1. Beyerdynamic Byron

2. HiFiMan RE-400

3. Sony MDR-EX650

Now, these all overall are great sounding for Visual Kei music. An "in the middle" of sound signature (Highs/Mids/Lows + Bass/Treble)

If you want something with either more bass, or higher treble, you'll have to dig a little deeper for earbuds that suit your needs.

You'll get addicted to finding the "just right" set for you, and this is kind of how people get into becoming audio snobs haha.

Oh and how you intend to use the earbuds will matter too, no earbud out there will survive a harsh usage lol.

i have the Sennheisers Momentum in-ear and on-ear, both sound wonderful, hearing visual-kei <3 

I recommend this totally ^^  my music player is "xDuoo X3" can play FLAC, AAC+, ALAC <3

@YuyoDrift Thank you. I will look for those you mention, find a good sales for them is my obligation right now for this season haha

My earbuds actually survive for 9-10 months, I once had one old model by JVC that did for basically 2 years before I left it on my university by mistake lol

22 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

You'll get addicted to finding the "just right" set for you, and this is kind of how people get into becoming audio snobs haha.

Is that good or bad? LOL

9 minutes ago, yakihiko said:

@YuyoDrift Thank you. I will look for those you mention, find a good sales for them is my obligation right now for this season haha

My earbuds actually survive for 9-10 months, I once had one old model by JVC that did for basically 2 years before I left it on my university by mistake lol

Is that good or bad? LOL

Good for you.

Bad for your wallet lol.

so you know how I said that i was content with my current setup and didn't want/care about the 6xx on sale above?

.... well I'm a bold face liar, because I just did this.

hC2JSk1.png

so yeah... I just couldn't resist a pair of HD 650's for 200 dollars, talk about a steal.

btw my massdrop O2 + SDAC came tonight as well, freaking talk about a amazing amp/dac combo right here, my HD 579's sounds ridiculous compared to before. Now to just wait till march for those 6xx

Edited by Original Saku