Pandabear

Earphones/Headphones

I'm with Teletubby on this one. I love the iPhone 5 headphones (even though I use an android!)

But then again I'd never spend $100+ on a pair of headphones. My money can be spent on better things. In the end it's simply a matter of different priorities / interests.

I don't know, it seems kind of silly to me to love music but then not care about getting the most out of it. I find it amazing how many times I pick up on details in songs now that I easily missed on lesser headphones. Perhaps it's me being a snob, but I want to be able to listen to my music in the closest form I can to the way the artist recorded it...which is something you aren't going to get out of a pair of iPhone earbuds lol.

Anyone tried v-JAYS II? Apparently you get a lot of sound for your money with these. My old, shitty ones broke today and I need new ones, so I thought about trying these out. Can't really afford much more than this right now. So, anyone got any experience with them?

I haven't heard them for myself but looking at them they look pretty sweet. Nice, minimalistic touch that would fit well if you needed to wear a winter cap or a hood. I read that they leak sound. I don't know if that is a deal breaker for you (headphones at work for example) but if they are not then try them out and let us know! I'm always curious to know about good headphones at different price points. But all the reviews point towards them being underdogs in their price entry. Good find!

Bought them an hour and a half ago and my first impression is indeed that it seems like you get a lot of sound for a rather small amount of money. They leak a little and let in a bit of noise when the noise gets loud around you, but that's not a huge problem for me. Gonna try them the out with hip hop, electronica and ambient later today. Need to try 'em out with different kind of music.

If you want something massive and superb, this obviously aren't your choice. But if you want something good, for a small amount of money, I doubt you'll be disappointed with these. They're getting great reviews as well.

Also, a massive bonus for the fact that they are almost too comfortable. I've never tried any headphones or those you put in your ear that's close to as comfortable as this. Lovely!

So, my freakshow skullcandy buds had a near death experience yesterday. They still work as long as I don't touch the jack connector area of the cable... as of now. But still, it's a sign of death, and they need to be replaced.

Does anyone have experience with the Klipsch Image S4i-II or Logitech UE 600s?

I ordered the Klipsch buds earlier today, just because they were more affordable, had more positive reviews on Amazon*, and an actual review on CNET. I was considering getting the Logitech buds, because I prefer the shape (Klipsch vs. Logitech); changed my mind after seeing many negative reviews* (comments about shoddy build quality, apparently an L-shaped jack is less durable?).

* I acknowledge that customer reviews should be taken with a grain of salt! About half of the time (in my experience), it's just people saying shit like "I just tried these out the other day and they sound A-MAHZING," and many of them are "bass-heads."

Also, for other consumers out there, another brand to add to the DO NOT BUY list is Etymotic. I got a pair of one of their earbuds a few years back, tried them out with all three sets of ear tips, and they physically hurt my ears to wear them. The pain was excruciating enough that I could not use them for more than five minutes at a time. Obviously, I returned them to Amazon and got each cent of my money back.

Etymotic has some of the best IEMs in terms of neutral sound, their only downside is the fit as they need to be inserted quite deep to properly give their intended sound.

The most comfortable has been the Westones IME, I use the UM PRO 30. Their tips are amazingly comfortable and provide a great seal at the same time. If you can try these out in your area, do so, I highly recommend them.

I can't speak to Klipsch headphones at all, since I never have heard them, but I can say that I have never cared for how their speakers sound. The horn loaded tweeters just make them sound so upfront and boisterous. I don't know if they try to emulate that sound in their headphones or not, but if they do, I would stay away.

I have:

Sony:

XBA-1 $100

XBA-40 (4 Drivers) $300

XBA-H3 (Hybrid, with 3 Dynamic and 1 Standard) $300

MDR-7550 (Studio) $750

EX1000 (Studio) $750

Prices listed are original average price, you can get most for cheaper now except H3 which varies.

Next I will try all Audio Technica high-end`s, I have always been fond of them.

I can't speak to Klipsch headphones at all, since I never have heard them, but I can say that I have never cared for how their speakers sound. The horn loaded tweeters just make them sound so upfront and boisterous. I don't know if they try to emulate that sound in their headphones or not, but if they do, I would stay away.

The Image S4i-IIs sound like tin cans in my fucking ears. And due to the awkward shape of the actual earbud pieces and those DAMNED oval tips that are so small (check the pics from my previous post), they kinda hurt after awhile. I'm so used to the skullcandy 50/50s sitting comfortably IN your ear and being very bass-heavy (which I could take or leave) and experiencing ZERO fatigue. I am sure I will get used to Klipsch's, but as of now, I fucking HATE them so far!

I've only had the pair for a day or two, so I am far from "burning them in" completely. But I pretty much have no choice but to keep them. Thanks to the packaging that you have to rip open, I can't just put the earbuds back in the box and make it look as if I never touched them; if I return these, I won't get a FULL refund because the box was tampered with.

I'm thinking of either saving up for a pair of the Logitech UE 900 or the Ultimate Ears 7. Any rich folk here who have tried either?

Sorry for rambling, I'm just very obsessive. :P

tempted to get a pair of Philips Fidelio X1 - Heard some good things about this headset. but mainly I want it so i can pretend im in the simpsons and throw my hands up in the air and shout "Oh Fideli-oh'" (as in "oh spagettioh's get it??)

UD5ol4gl.jpg

I just bought a pair of these AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones last month on Zess and Sai's recommendation and I've been using them for almost a month and they are quite an amazing pair of desktop headphones for at home use, Totally loving them and for the price of 90 bucks you can't beat it. They are also extremely comfortable, I've worn them for hours on end without any discomfort or need for readjustment. The sound is also superb.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001ARCFA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bringing it back mods.

Here's my current gear:

1. Astro A38 White Wireless Headset- PC/Mobile Device/Guest Listening

maxresdefault.jpg

Only bought these b/c they were on sale for a ridiculously low price.

Pros:

• Lightweight
  • Even sound
  • Pair easily on Mobile Devices
  • Customization capable (just ear plates doe)
  • Customer Service is Excellent

Cons

• Battery life sux
  • Break easily at the joints (on my 3rd pair through warranty)
  • Bluetooth signal for PC/Mac could be better
  • No noise Isolation
  • Ideal for small heads

2. Sony MDR-XB650BT Blue - PC/Work PC

4833502cv16d.jpg

Recently acquired these through the warranty off another set I wore out.

Pros

• LIGHT AS FUCK (Plastic and Aluminum)
  • Bass richly rich (for EDM listeners)
  • Battery life is great (I've gone 25+ hours on these)
  • BT signal for PC/Mac is great
  • Little Voice in headset that tells you "On", ''Off", "BT connected/disconnected", Etc.
  • Noise Isolation is nice

Cons:

• Bass may be too much for anything other than EDM
  • Earcup will not cover ears completely

3. Shure se215 Clear - Personal/Music Review

de2e2ae1_IMAG0234.jpeg

Bought these personally for listening to Visual Kei music lol

Pros:

• Sound is clean, tuned for accuracy, and ideal for FLAC files
  • Fit comfortably in ear (my ear at least)
  • Very high quality construction
  • VERY good noise isolation

Cons:

• Bass may be too weak for some (I call it a technical bass)
  • Cord is too long (it is specified only for musicians, after all)

4. Klipsch R6 - 24/7 on Hand and Tortured (Currently only one side is working)

Klipsch-R6-Headphones-College.jpg

Being my first set of Earbuds I have ever enjoyed, I keep buying these (on my 4th pair) for overall listening.

Pros:

• Fit comfortably in ear
  • Sound is amazing for price range
  • Cord design is less prone to tearing and tangling
  • Noise isolation is good

Cons:

• Average life is about 1 year for me(Wires start cutting out sound usually), so GET THE WARRANTY!
  • Hard to find a real set anymore (lots o fakes at stores)

5. Sony Playstation Gold Wireless Headset -  Gaming Only

maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone knows about these, so they don't need an explanation.

My only gripe is that they're heavy on my already big ass head lol

6. Little Caesar's Earbuds - Spares/FML set

ear_buds.jpg

Don't ask how I got these, or why I use these lol but I NEED to have something in my ear at work.

These POS earbuds are JVC earbuds bad lol

Edited by YuyoDrift

Well I needed a new set of headphones.

I had given the Astros to my nephew, cuz I felt bad for him for using a $10 headset from Wal-Mart lol

The Shure Se215 have become an at-work set since the noise isolation will shut everyone around me up, and nobody can see them so easily since they hide behind the ear.

The Klipsch died on me, again. I think their quality just went to shit imo, so I decided to stop buying them and purchased these.

$_86.JPG

Sony H.ear on Wireless MDR100ABN in Viridian Blue (Casual Listening/School)

Pros:

• Lightweight for a Wireless Headset
  • Long Battery Life (20+ Hours)
  • Noise Cancelling
  • Bluetooth Range is Great
  • Sound Quality is Top-Tier for Price & SONY's LDAC Capability Adds to the Sweetness

Cons:

• Kinda Bulky
  • Feels like entry level Noise Cancelling when in use
  • Buttons on headset are too tiny

* As of March 2017, I have given these to a special someone, so they can enjoy music like I do.

While I enjoyed my Sony MDR-XB650BT headphones, I felt that I needed to try something from SONYs Current Flagship, and since I let go of my MDR100ABN, the gap had to be replaced with something equal to or better.

So I just bought these a couple weeks ago.

sony-mdr-1000x-3.jpg

SONY MDR 1000x (Casual Listening/School/Reviews)

Pros:

• The Size is Just Perfect (Goldilocks would approve)
  • ALL Controls are Touch-Enabled Through the Right Earcup
  • Sound Quality is Unreal
  • Noise Cancellation, with Sound Optimization Modes to Prioritize Outside Noise
  • SONY's Proprietary LDAC Technology Enhances Wireless Sound Quality, Better than the Competition.
  • Come With Adapter for Use With Amplifier

Cons:

• They are Kinda Heavy for Wireless Headphones
  • Will Take Time to Break In Due to Stiffness
  • After a Few Hours of Continued Listening, There Is a Bit of Discomfort

At some point I should do a comparison on the AKG K7XX's and The Sennhesier HD6XX's, as I now own both and they are fighting each other for the space as my daily driver.  The  AKG's for sure feel flatter but the Senn's has a really fun characteristic to them.