Sign in to follow this  
sai

Copying certain types of files on a DVD

Well I finished downloading and joining the parts for this concert DVD yesterday, and now I'd like to put it on a DVD. Problem is, the file is .avi. Do I need to convert it to .dvd or can I also put it on a dvd in the original .avi format?

Thanks in advance 8D (I've never downloaded a DVD before >.<)

You can in fact just burn the disc with the AVI file on it and it should work as well (On new DVD-players) I've done it before with music videos and it works. But you won't know until you've tried it. Otherwise, the best thing to do is just use a program with which you can burn as DVD. And the program will automatically convert the file to a DVD one.

Hope that helped.

You can in fact just burn the disc with the AVI file on it and it should work as well (On new DVD-players) I've done it before with music videos and it works. But you won't know until you've tried it. Otherwise, the best thing to do is just use a program with which you can burn as DVD. And the program will automatically convert the file to a DVD one.

Hope that helped.

Thanks, I'll give that one a try as soon as I can reach the DVD's (mom's cleaning upstairs)

Sign in to follow this