Sign in to follow this  
zombie8mylunch

suicide ali

you're active XD

and since i like this band too i thought i should leave a post here.

SA have a nice music style, it's a pity they've released so few stuff. they're pretty unique.

you're active XD

and since i like this band too i thought i should leave a post here.

SA have a nice music style, it's a pity they've released so few stuff. they're pretty unique.

it's my day off and i've been downloading mucc and max all morning

i first compaired them to a better version of marylin manson, lol.

mucc and what?

well, perhaps the music has some similarities with MM but not vocal!

and you're right, suicide ali's much better :D

By far the best indies band around now. I can see this band being as big as D'espairsRay is. Industrial is very popular in Europe, so if they spread their music there they will be big, which I hope they do!

Favourite songs are - favourite song, chainsaw and representa.

Probably one of the best indie bands around. These guys never cease to amaze me with each and every of their releases :D

they constantly released higher-than-average stuff, compared to most of the jrock indies - i think they're ready to switch to a much bigger label or even go major!

Don't mind me, just resurrecting a thread that's been dead for five years... :lol:

On 27/07/2010 at 0:56 AM, buster said:

they constantly released higher-than-average stuff, compared to most of the jrock indies - i think they're ready to switch to a much bigger label or even go major!

^ That post made me pretty sad, for a moment. It's been exactly one year since they disbanded. :(

I usually accept and get over these things fairly quickly, while still missing them in the end, but this is a different case. I can't say it was too surprising for them to pull the plug after going an entire year with virtually no activity, but the band members didn't even address the disbandment (online), they didn't do a final release, I don't even think they made an official announcement online (just at some show they played last April). It would have been really great of them to release a DVD of their last live, for them to release something, to address the disbandment online, anything, but no. It's like they tried to sweep their disbandment under the fucking rug as if they could just fade away, without anyone fucking noticing or wanting to fucking at least know why (even though most band member explanations are pure bullshit these days). Or maybe they did talk about it at their last live, and surely the show was theatrical as fuck, but they made attendees sign a confidentiality paper or something, lol.

To this day, their disbandment disappoints me, angers me, and above all else, confuses me. Go ahead and think that it's immature to fuss over a disbandment that happened a year ago, but I'm not going to apologise for wanting some kind of closure when a band breaks up. Especially when it's a band that I loved very much, invested a lot of time (even some money) into, and saw so much potential in. /rant

On 7/19/2015 at 2:33 PM, Seimeisen said:

Don't mind me, just resurrecting a thread that's been dead for five years... :lol:

^ That post made me pretty sad, for a moment. It's been exactly one year since they disbanded. :(

I usually accept and get over these things fairly quickly, while still missing them in the end, but this is a different case. I can't say it was too surprising for them to pull the plug after going an entire year with virtually no activity, but the band members didn't even address the disbandment (online), they didn't do a final release, I don't even think they made an official announcement online (just at some show they played last April). It would have been really great of them to release a DVD of their last live, for them to release something, to address the disbandment online, anything, but no. It's like they tried to sweep their disbandment under the fucking rug as if they could just fade away, without anyone fucking noticing or wanting to fucking at least know why (even though most band member explanations are pure bullshit these days). Or maybe they did talk about it at their last live, and surely the show was theatrical as fuck, but they made attendees sign a confidentiality paper or something, lol.

To this day, their disbandment disappoints me, angers me, and above all else, confuses me. Go ahead and think that it's immature to fuss over a disbandment that happened a year ago, but I'm not going to apologise for wanting some kind of closure when a band breaks up. Especially when it's a band that I loved very much, invested a lot of time (even some money) into, and saw so much potential in. /rant

I echo your sentiment. Suicide Ali were very promising and one of my favorite 'darker' groups.

If I had to speculate, one theory is that they were unsatisfied with their music. They kept remaking their own songs, which feels to me like they had ideas for these songs that they were having a hard time bringing to life. This can be really discouraging.

They were also signed to Starwave/DL. I know GPK and Spectrum-X stopped activity because they hated working with Kiwamu so much. Perhaps Suicide Ali were a victim of this as well. I wouldn't doubt this, especially since there were no official statements from the members.

Or, as you said, they may have just wanted to fade away...I do find it strange we haven't heard anything from any of the members since.

Sign in to follow this