Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

☆STARTING FROM THE END☆ THE オワリカラ (OWARIKARA) THREAD!

オワリカラ
OWARIKARA
mV5t2n7h.jpg
aPnPE0zh.jpg

OHP

TWITTER

FACEBOOK

Hyouri Takahashi (Gt/Vo)
kFw1s8y.jpg
Fumihiko Tsuda (Ba)
NMPRlvf.jpg
Taku Kameda (Key)
af5JtNU.jpg
Kenta Kawano (Dr)
6OFGFHg.jpg

オワリカラ (Owarikara) is a funk/rock/blues band consisting of タカハシヒョウリ/Takahasi Kyouri (Vo.,Gt.), カワノケンタ/Kawano Kenta (Dr.), カメダタク/Kameda Taku (Key), and ツダフミヒコ/Tsuda Fumihiko (Ba.) who started sessions together in April 2008. Musically, their style is a throwback to 70′s era psychedelic soul & blues tinged rock a la the Doors, the Yardbirds and Jimi Hendrix; and they also have a reputation for putting on intense, energetic shows and are renowned equally for their technical chops as well as their penchant for going absolutely nuts on stage.

Discography
2008.05.xx - 1st DEMO CD
2008.11.xx - 2nd DEMO CD
2009.05.09 - 3RD DEMO CD
2010.05.01 - OWARIKARA LIVE
2010.08.04 - ドアたち (1ST ALBUM)
2011.05.11 - イギー・ポップと讃美歌 (2ND ALBUM)
2012.05.09 - Q&A (3RD ALBUM)
2012.12.07 - シルバーの世界 (1st single)
2013.10.30 - 踊るロールシャッハ (2nd single)
2014.02.26 - サイハテソングス (4TH ALBUM)

PV's

Who else here enjoys this band? IMO, they're one of the best newer bands around and they've been consistently dope since their demos - hell, they seem to just keep getting better.

They've got a new single out on 12/7. You can check it out in the spoiler above....I'M LOVING IT! :staru:

I recently started listening to them, they're really good, different form what I'm used to listen. オワリカラの気分 and 8と約1/2 are so damn good, so catchy!

^ awesome. I LOOOVE "8と約1/2" - such a funky yet rocking tune! It's great how they incorporate hints of funk and psychedelia into their sound. What do you think of their new song/PV? ;p

Sorry for the mistake I've done on their bio--it should've been 'Takahashi Hyouri' instead. Anyway..... Out of all of their releases, I loved イギー・ポップと讃美歌 the most. Their 3rd Demo CD and ドアたち were really good, but the tracks on Iggy Pop stood out more--could hardly decide which one I prefer since I just fancy it as a whole.. Probably swing, cause it was fuuunnn, lol.

ETA: I also have checked that シルバーの世界 PV out. Albeit weird, the song was really catchy! <3

yeah, I love both albums, but Iggy Pop is DEFINITELY one of my fav. albums of 2011. It's amazing how much that album has grown on me.

of course this thread had to be revived, my friend @CAT5

how long can everyone sleep on this band

we cannot let this happen

please look at hyouri being badass while singing tokusatsu songs

this thread is never going to flop again, i promise you my comrades

peace out

CVXUNdUVEAAYmBZ.jpg

p.s. naisu job on the 1st post, neko!!!

Seu, what are your fav. songs and releases from the band?

WELL, my dear CAT5, about releases... that question is very simple

my fav releases would be saihate songs -> iggy pop to sanbika -> q&a - > doors

although i have to invest more time on q&a and doors so this may change in the future

about fav. songs...

odoru rorschach is my anthem. the song of my people. my family and i pray to those lyrics every night.

then there is matchmaker, swing, mercury, tomodachi, light my tokyo, 8 to yaku 1/2...i dont wanna list their entire discography here but thats pretty much it???

Hbu?

peace out

CWreL1fU4AAH-6Y.jpg

WELL, my dear CAT5, about releases... that question is very simple

my fav releases would be saihate songs -> iggy pop to sanbika -> q&a - > doors

although i have to invest more time on q&a and doors so this may change in the future

about fav. songs...

odoru rorschach is my anthem. the song of my people. my family and i pray to those lyrics every night.

then there is matchmaker, swing, mercury, tomodachi, light my tokyo, 8 to yaku 1/2...i dont wanna list their entire discography here but thats pretty much it???

Hbu?

peace out

*answers months later* --> no wonder this thread can't stay alive. ^_^;;

My fav albums would go in this order:

iggy pop to sanbika & doors. I actually think I might like iggy a little better, but these two are basically on the same level for me. After that, saihate songs & Q&A I feel are on the same level, but not half as enjoyable as the previous two albums.

As for my favorite songs, I'll just screencap my fav. songs playlist from foobar. Mind you, I haven't updated this list since late 2014, but my thoughts are pretty much the same:

tl4nqLZ.png

I'm excited for the new album, but that song in the album commercial didn't do anything for me. Unfortunately, I feel like their songwriting since the 3rd album has been a bit less adventurous, and just not as compelling as they've been since they dropped the 3rd demo. Regardless, these guys are still great, so I'm looking forward to what they crank out this time around.

I also had no idea they went major. What label are they on now?

owrkr_tsuini_main-thumb-700xauto-44604.j

Cfhs1aGUMAEoPOa.jpg

[CD+DVD]

Cfhs1XmUIAA9FkP.jpg

[CD only]

[CD]
1. へんげの時間
2. 今夜のまもの
3. 世界灯(ワールドライト)
4. すごいコンサート 
5. どうくつぐらしのススメ
6. ホモサピエンスは踊る