Yurameki

MERRY (f.k.a メリー)

6 hours ago, r... said:

Have you guys listened to MERRY's version of 家路 yet? And if you did, did you like it?

Personally, I really liked it. It's one of the highlights of the MUCC tribute album for me. That got me thinking that with all the stuff MERRY released in 2017, we finally have enough material for an entire MERRY album of covers from other artists. 

I think they have included it in some of their live setlist, dont they?

I also really liked it (being a bigger MUCC's fan than Merry's)

Btw, I dont know if its happening to anyone else...the first listens to M-OLOGY left me a bit cold...I was expecting something else after NM, but lately is growing on me

18 hours ago, *littlelamb said:

My favourite cover has to be オデッセイ・1985・SEX. Gara just slays that one, you can tell he was living his dream.

It's REALLY good, isn't it? He is such a huge fanboy. God, I love that version and the original one is awesome too. I think except for X/hide and 黒夢/清春 all the MERRY boys have covered and/or played along with pretty much all their heroes.

13 hours ago, Tokage said:

i STILL don't get why the FUCK they decided to cover Pantera of all bands

結生 likes Pantera and they thought it would be fun. I think that's pretty much it.

And they'll probably play 家路 a couple of more times during the rest of the year. I know 結生 and ガラ already played that one as 新宿ブルース

Yuu's the best! He broadcasted Merry's live today on his IG (u_merry) live. Too bad it cut off after an hour, so most of the new songs were left out, but they played Atama ga zakuro and Kohakuiro no Ballad! I think it's still there for 18 hours if anyone wants to watch. Sounds amazing as always.

Edited by *littlelamb

On 25/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, Seimeisen said:

(mainly because I hate Black flag symptom)

Really? Why don't you like it? :(

I think it's one of the best of M-ology, it's one of the most MERRY song of the album (because of the "oldie" punk sound of it) imo

Edited by Asakusa

4 hours ago, Asakusa said:

Really? Why don't you like it? :(

I think it's one of the best of M-ology, it's one of the most MERRY song of the album (because of the "oldie" punk sound of it) imo

I don't hate it anymore, I just did the first couple times, but I went back to it and it's alright. I've always liked the energy and the "oldie punk sound" of it, but at first I just couldn't stand the main riff, but it's fine now. It's not my favourite on M-OLOGIE (that one is a tie between 犬型真性MASOCHIST and 傘と雨), but still enjoyable.

1 hour ago, meat said:

A few of you have mentioned "NO SMART". What is it? Is it a song I have somehow missed? :/

it's their NoNsEnSe MaRkEt album if you only type down capitalized letters out of its title.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

it's their NoNsEnSe MaRkEt album if you only type down capitalized letters out of its title.

2 hours ago, meat said:

A few of you have mentioned "NO SMART". What is it? Is it a song I have somehow missed? :/

It's also the intro track from said album~

*looks at the titles again* Oh NO SMART NO ART lol

By the way, do anyone here follow Gara's instagram or Ameblo blog? It seems after the tour has ended he's not posting anymore.

she's dead

jk, probably focusing on recording/writing new stuff I guess. He's always very active when there's a tour going on.

Actually just checked and found he's just made a new post on Instagram despite hinting that he's going off of it:

Edited by meat

22 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

Just listened to M-ology today,and omg,they sound like the gallo, seriously. Really liked that album

The Gallo's singer actually takes inspiration from Merry.

5 hours ago, suji said:

The Gallo's singer actually takes inspiration from Merry.

Yeah,I came to this conclusion while listening .and JoJo once made a tweet mentioning the album when it was released. Gallo,merry and Marco have similar atmosphere

Edited by Manji 卍

On 11/29/2017 at 9:09 PM, TrentReznor said:

I think they have included it in some of their live setlist, dont they?

I also really liked it (being a bigger MUCC's fan than Merry's)

Btw, I dont know if its happening to anyone else...the first listens to M-OLOGY left me a bit cold...I was expecting something else after NM, but lately is growing on me

Can upload a disco? For Merry I mean

Edited by Mamo

On 19/2/2018 at 5:05 AM, Mamo said:

Can upload a disco? For Merry I mean

Sorry, but I have no Merry original releases. To avoid any issues I usually only upload rips from my own CDs.

I just watched the 10th Anniversary New Legends of High Color 6 Days dvd with the commentary turned on. The band made some interesting comments at various points, would anyone care to read a little write up on them? If so, where shall I post it? I will try and be brief but it might still be a bit long and I don't have a blog to link to.

I got the common non-fanclub 2 disc version, which to my surprise, meant 4 hours of all members of Merry sitting through and commenting on it. If anyone have the full 6 disc version, do you know if they literally comment on for over 6 hours? Lol

Here’s some general/ random musings on Disc 2. I haven’t gone through Disc 1’s commentary yet.

General

Spoiler

All the members compliment each other on how good/ cool they look on stage, which I thought is really cute.

Nero (and then everyone else) made a lot of weird “OOoooooOOOOOooooH” noises out of admiration when watching a close up of Kenichi’s fantastic guitar solo. Kenichi rarely spoke during the commentary but says he tried to go all out on the guitar solos (at these shows, I think).

Gara cares a lot about how the band comes across visually. It seems he was also very observant as he was the only one to realise that the cameramen changed every day.

Nero says all their stage costumes have not been thrown away and are stored together somewhere, which I guess is how they could change into their old stage costumes for every show.

The famous rabbit head has a crack near the mouth and is apparently falling apart but Gara wants to see how much more use he can get out of it.

I can’t remember which song it was during (I watched this late at night, gomen) where the members comment on Kenichi’s “retro” style is more Showa and how they all have different retro styles.

At the end of each gig when Nero walks off the stage, the others (mostly Tetsu) go “Ohhhhhhhh!” and say nothing else. I couldn’t understand this until the last gig when Tetsu finally said to Nero, “You managed to hold it in.” It seems everybody were surprised that Nero the chatterbox did not say something to the crowd at the end of each gig XD

At the end of M.E.R.R.Y. day gig, the lights have gone down, the band had left the stage but the crowd was chanting “Encore! Encore!” and then there was a tannoy announcement to say the events for the day have finished, please leave the venue, etc. The crowd stopped chanting immediately and starts leaving. Nero comments “Our fans are such good kids” ^^

For the Underworld Day show, Gara kept saying his voice was “a little tired” from having sung 5 previous days. But actually he kept cracking up and was not able to hit the higher notes during the gig. Tetsu sniggered.

Needless to say, the guys got hungry over the hours and had food. A lot got edited out but there were some notable karaage munching noises…

The band made a lot of general comments on which bits of performance they think went well but the comments on the following stood out for me:

Gekisei

Spoiler

Nero was very impressed by how good a song it is. “Was this a single?” lol

Gara recalls having to wake up at 4am to go shoot the PV and being told to dance so early in the morning. And he was surprised he managed it, apparently thanks to the female dancers. (edit: I just checked the PV again but didn't see any female dancers...)

The band argues about playing Gekisei live more often. It seems they all love it but find it too tiring to perform 15mins straight. Whilst the camera was showing a very sweaty topless Gara, he says the calorie burn count for singing this is very high at karaoke. And then I don’t remember how the conversation went but it ended up with someone saying they should all go to karaoke next time.

Komorebi ga boku wo sagashiteiru

Spoiler

Gara says he originally wanted to call the song “Evergreen” (in English) but thought that seems too “glittery” for Merry and settled on the current title. He also says that he sang this at his little sister’s wedding. The wedding organiser asked him to sing a song and Gara thought this is a suitable one since so many other Merry songs are about break ups. He sang live with a record of Yuu’s performance of the song.

Edited by meat

1 hour ago, meat said:

The band argues about playing Gekisei live more often. It seems they all love it but find it too tiring to perform 15mins straight.

I asked 結生 about why they didn't play it as much as other songs from that album and he basically said that it's too long to fit a "normal" concert and they can play 3 or 4 more songs without 激声. Which is true and you can check that by looking at the recent tour setlists.

They do seem to love the song, though. ネロ was a bit surprised when I mentioned that it was my favorite MERRY song. 結生 also said that it takes a lot of time to memorize the whole song, too. With limited rehearsal times, it's probably better saving it to a special occasion, I don't know.

18 hours ago, r... said:

I asked 結生 about why they didn't play it as much as other songs from that album and he basically said that it's too long to fit a "normal" concert and they can play 3 or 4 more songs without 激声. Which is true and you can check that by looking at the recent tour setlists.

They do seem to love the song, though. ネロ was a bit surprised when I mentioned that it was my favorite MERRY song. 結生 also said that it takes a lot of time to memorize the whole song, too. With limited rehearsal times, it's probably better saving it to a special occasion, I don't know.

It seems like they have a lot of reasons for not wanting to perform it too often, which is a shame cuz I love that song :/

By the way, I just checked the Gekisei PV again and can't see any female dancers on screen, so either Gara meant some female staff encouraged him to dance or I've misheard