Yurameki

MERRY (f.k.a メリー)

It's a really interesting discussion, I learned many things about theirs Beautiful Freaks era I always thought it was Yuu who was behind their musical change because he composed all the songs of Beautiful Freaks except Shoudoku who was composed by Nero.

I found this strange that Yuu composed heavier songs whereas in MERRY previous albums he composed all MERRY jazzy/blues rock sound and was Nero or Kenichi who composed heavier songs.

So now I understand more why during Beautiful Freaks ear Yuu changed his musical taste

6 hours ago, crossparallel said:

@*littlelambOh no, your posts were very helpful and not cringey at all! There was this one about Gara's radio dorama that still makes my day any time I think about it. (If you remember that, would you happen to have a link to the actual recording still?)

Aww, I'm glad! Sorry, it was so long ago, I don't even remember if there was a recording, so I'm afraid can't help you with that.

They played the new song twice today. First an acoustic version during White Sheep and then the proper version during Black Sheep. Sounded good! Very retro, so seems they're continuing what they started. Can't wait!

Great show today BTW. Gara was so happy and chatty.

11 minutes ago, geist said:

Hey guys, I've never really listened to Merry before and was wondering if you could give some suggestions! Favorite albums?

I suggest trying out every album :)))

For their old stuff: Koseiha Blend Classics ~Oldies Tracks~, Modern Garde

For their Victor stuff: PEEP SHOW, M.E.R.R.Y., nu Chemical Rhetoric

For their recent stuff: Nonsense Market ✨

Beautiful Freaks is also a fave of mine, if you like the metal stuff

Edited by midi:nette

2 hours ago, geist said:

Hey guys, I've never really listened to Merry before and was wondering if you could give some suggestions! Favorite albums?

@midi:nette, I adore you, but did you just suggest for them to try out everything except for Gendai Stoic and under-world? [And why exclude those? :P] Anyway, I'll be more modest with recommendations just in case. I think Modern-garde is a real classic, so it is a must, but also because I love each of their albums, maybe check out their MERRY VERY BEST double compilation album? Normally I don't like compilations, but I think it did a good job showcasing their diversity. Maybe it works for me because it went with the whole white sheep / black sheep dual concept for the two discs, so it feels a bit more organic than other compilations - rather than greatest hits, it is more like a concert setlist. Edit: Oh, and I believe everyone should hear this Gekisei live at least once in their lives.

@sads123I got it, uploading now. Sorry, it will take a while - my internet isn't the fastest now and also I suck at choosing encoding settings, so it ended up quite large *sigh*

Edited by crossparallel

9 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

@midi:nette, I adore you, but did you just suggest for them to try out everything except for Gendai Stoic and under-world? [And why exclude those? :P

BECAUSE I DIDN'T THINK THOSE UP ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD I'M SORRY I'M DUMB AF ;w;

to be fair, under-world is KIND OF (very, very "kind of") a vague shift towards a more heavily punk-oriented sound, so it's not 100% representative of their overall sound I guess? although at the same time it still kind of is idk wtf im talking about

anyway Modern Garde is totally my favorite album of theirs, it's really good, but at this point I basically legit enjoy almost every song these guys have released (except Fuyu no Castanet, fucc dat christmas shiet)

Stoked to hear that new song :o hope someone will UL it..................................................................................................

34 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

There you go, YouTube playlists of yesterday's concert:
White Sheep + Black Sheep
@sads123and anyone else interested, enjoy!

Thanks @crossparallel! Is it possible for you to upload the raw files of the concerts in one piece instead? I'm quite good at encoding settings (having converted various .ts, .VOB and recently, blu-ray files) :P And I just realized you are the same crossparallel from jpopsuki; my nick's loh there *waves* The one who had a discussion with you on all things MERRY via PM haha

Edited by sads123

15 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Thanks @crossparallel! Is it possible for you to upload the raw files of the concerts in one piece instead? I'm quite good at encoding settings (having converted various .ts, .VOB and recently, blu-ray files) :P And I just realized you are the same crossparallel from jpopsuki; my nick's loh there *waves*

Oh hey! ^_^ Sadly, I am yet to join the ranks of the godly beings who can set up and use a proper niconico recorder (I did try). This is all bandicam, and I recorded it in pieces, because the broadcast would interrupt and having to start the whole thing again each time that happened - yeah, not happening. I can give you the original .avi files bandicam produced (yeah, avi, *head to desk*) - but they are only a slight improvement over youtube's reencoding, most of the butchering happened on my part. I still have my fingers crossed for someone to upload a proper rip myself.

Edited by crossparallel

35 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

Oh hey! ^_^ Sadly, I am yet to join the ranks of the godly beings who can set up and use a proper niconico recorder (I did try). This is all bandicam, and I recorded it in pieces, because the broadcast would interrupt and having to start the whole thing again each time that happened - yeah, not happening. I can give you the original .avi files bandicam produced (yeah, avi, *head to desk*) - but they are only a slight improvement over youtube's reencoding, most of the butchering happened on my part. I still have my fingers crossed for someone to upload a proper rip myself.

Ya, one of my pet peeves is interrupted broadcasts during live streaming so I always watch it at my own leisure after I had time-shifted it. Well, you can try this if you had timeshift-ed it:

http://kyokutou-ranshin-tengoku.tumblr.com/post/67562757040/how-to-download-nico-nico-videos-ill-teach

Or anyone who had time-shifted it and trust me (hard, I know, this being the internet and how :/ ) enough to share their nico nico account, I'll figure out how to do it and share them here, how's that?

5 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Ya, one of my pet peeves is interrupted broadcasts during live streaming so I always watch it at my own leisure after I had time-shifted it. Well, you can try this if you had timeshift-ed it:

http://kyokutou-ranshin-tengoku.tumblr.com/post/67562757040/how-to-download-nico-nico-videos-ill-teach

Or anyone who had time-shifted it and trust me (hard, I know, this being the internet and how :/ ) enough to share their nico nico account, I'll figure out how to do it and share them here, how's that?

Holy hell, you mean there is a way to download niconico videos that isn't more arcane than a physics paper and a grimoire taken together? My niconico timeshift surprisingly still works (how long do these last, 24h? 'cause if that's the case, we only have a few hours.) Worth giving this a try.

7 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

Holy hell, you mean there is a way to download niconico videos that isn't more arcane than a physics paper and a grimoire taken together? My niconico timeshift surprisingly still works (how long do these last, 24h? 'cause if that's the case, we only have a few hours.) Worth giving this a try.

Eh, how else do you think the videos I sent you were captured? A video camera in front of the computer screen? XDDD

http://help.nicovideo.jp/live_en/2013/06/305what-is-a-timeshiftwatch-period.html

The timeshift lasts either 24 hours or 7 days; not sure which category the MERRY broadcast falls under.

20 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Eh, how else do you think the videos I sent you were captured?

I mean, last time I tried to look up downloading from niconico the only instructions I found looked more like this :P 

Edited by crossparallel

It's super easy to download timeshifts with IDM. About two clicks and done. I just haven't watched my timeshift yet, since I'm always paranoid something goes wrong and then I've wasted my only chance to watch it again, lol. And the last time I shared a nico download, they put that stuff on some release and then I felt guilty for maybe affecting their CD sales. Seems silly perhaps, but they're my favourite band and they need all the income they can get.

Oh and under-world is my favourite album. Might not be to everyone's taste, but I find it the most unique out of all of Merry's already unique stuff. I just can't think of anything that sounds even remotely like it, yet it sounds just right and has ever since the first listen.

5 hours ago, *littlelamb said:

And the last time I shared a nico download, they put that stuff on some release and then I felt guilty for maybe affecting their CD sales.

It's not silly, that's why I have the videos as unlisted and only link to them - I want them to be found by the same people who care just enough to buy the official release anyway. Though I may just be trying to put my conscience to sleep.

(IDM doesn't work for me at all, trying out kakoroku now...  Edit: kakoroku worked! Thank you for the help, sads123!)
EDIT2: Here's the result of today's efforts, mega.nz link for the concert in original quality.

Edited by crossparallel

tfw ur so picky that u refuse to eat anything while touring in another country......................except mcdonalds

CyNPLoPUoAAXr8n.jpg

he's such a queen i s2g

Edited by midi:nette