Yurameki

MERRY (f.k.a メリー)

Ehh, never could get into Merry, as a lot of you know or will someday realize I don't like a lot of the jazz + vk rock. Although I have to admit I really liked the "Sayonara Ame" song that was on one of their newer albums.

several of my friends are crazy Merry fans and i guess they had some influence on me 'coz there were periods when i'd been listening to them like obsessed XD

this band's good but still not my type of music [though there are 3 Merry songs that stuck on my iPod forever =D]

merry =

i love jazz + rock most anything ....probably because i love jazz/blues and rock immensely and the combo is lovely =] merry is a really awesome band and i love them even better live. gara is crazy as a mofo.

Merry are quite possibly one of my top five favorite bands.

It took a while to get used to their major works but I think I like it just as equal.

I'm pumped for their new album!

i don't think merry contains jazz...

they are more blues i think

and more like tradition japanese style

they have great guitarist and drummer and vocal

and they are major= =

i dunno, peep show sounds too much like nu chemical rhetoric. since they released NCR their sound didn't change a bit and thats sad but sill a very very good band. can't wait to c them again ^^^

I didn't think that I would like this band, but I did. They actually might be in the top five one I listen to more of their music.

At first I wasn't into this band as much as I am now - no T, no shade - but I really love this band. I love them so much that I wish to meet them someday, especially Gara. He's truly special; he's one of the most amazingly unique vocalists out there, and the way he acts on and offstage is truly fascinating, the perfect contrast. In that first period where he pulled a Mana by being mute in interviews really fascinates me the most. (I bet a lot of people shit their pants when he spoke publicly for the first time. xD) But on stage, he's crazy as fuck, and I had never seen anyone get THAT crazy onstage before. ;w; I dunno, I really like him out of all the members; he's just so unique and interesting, just like his band who fuses blues and rock together perfectly. *_*

Gara's voice/incessant vibrato annoyed the hell out of me the first few times I tried MERRY back in the day, but they eventually won me over. I wouldn't count them among my favorites, but I definitely consider them one of the most noteworthy j-rock bands around (although a bit less so in recent times).

Would really like to see them live one day.

It's sad that Gara's voice has been getting noticeably weaker in recent live recordings when compared to everything from the under-world era and before..

I first heard Merry when I was like, 16 or so, but I've liked them ever since.  Their sound is unique enough for me to be able to get past their vocals.  And, actually, I think his voice has grown on me.  But I don't know much about these guys at all, like I couldn't tell you their names or anything.

Would really like to see them live one day.

Me too. One of the very few visual kei/jrock bands I'd have any interest seeing. Most of the others are disbanded or "dead".

Great band, and I love more or less everything they've done. I love the direction they took with Under-world, but I wish they would make something in the vein of the cover songs from Gekisei-single. They pulled off both Isezakichou Blues and Gakuseigai no kissaten in such a great way, and the retro sound really did fit their overall sound. But I guess I will have to dream about that, because it doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon.

Nero is also one of my all time favourite drummers, and by far my favourite visual kei/jrock drummer. Groovy, but laidbak as fuck, and he never goes overboard with anything he does and doesn't seem to be interested in being in the spotlight with his drumming.

Gekisei is by far their best song. Such an impressive song.

Merry is definitely in my Top 5 of Japanese bands. I love every album they've made, Modern Garde being the best. I could listen to it every day. 10/10, the rest are 8's and 9's.

btw. does anyone remember what's that merii song with the saxophone (solo?)

Coq D'or Mama? at least i recall it had a sax, maybe i'm mistaken

I only have heard a little, as I have bought and added them to my Visual Kei FEVER radio stream, and I really like what I've heard.  I need to look into them more.

Necroing because this band is literally MY. MOTHER. FUCKING. LIFE. 👅👅👅

They recently put up a poll asking if they should dress as メリー or Super Merries at their first Halloween live, and of course Super Merries got the most votes 👍 although I'm curious about what they'll actually look like, I'm disappointed that there will be no crossdressing Gara for halloween 💔💔💔

Edited by midi:nette

Since you reminded me about it a few days ago, I've been listening to Koseiha Blend Classic on repeat... well, even more than usual XD So. Good. Ngh. Just the amount of raw creativity that went into Merry's early singles, you don't even need fancy instrumentals or production for it to count.

Other than that, well, even as they may be flawed, there is something I love about each of their albums. (Moderngarde being the exception to this rule, as I  think it's basically perfect :P). There isn't a band I'm rooting more for, what with all the introspection in the last two albums, I'm curious what that will lead to. If one day they manage to create an album that combines all I love about them, it will probably be my undoing.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaassss~*~*~*~ I've actually bought my own copies of Koseiha Blend Classic & Modern Garde, since I love those songs so much ;w; they were so original back then (no t no shade), and it's a hell of a lot better than what they're doing now! I miss that guro side of Merry...

Of course I got into them when Fukurou was released, so I listened to more of their recent stuff. Beautiful Freaks, M.E.R.R.Y., and Nu Chemical Rhetoric are some of my faves atm. ✨ I'm also curious as to what album their last two singles will lead to~