Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY's Remastered & Expanded Album "UROBOROS"

DIR EN GREY announced today that they are:

- re-release the "UROBOROS -with the proof in the name of living...- AT NIPPON BUDOKAN" on Blu-ray in a Extended Cut.

- release a remastered and extended version of their 7th album "UROBOROS"

DIR EN GREY has also added a new live date, "UROBOROS -that's where the truth is-" will take place on January 22nd, 2011 at Osaka jo hall in Osaka.

http://www.direngrey.co.jp/re_uroboros/

Yeah, I'm so thankful to myself I didn't bought the BUDOKAN DVD when it was released, now I can buy the Blu-ray instead!

Finally they are beginning to release Blu-rays!

I'm so gonna buy that new UROBOROS. I hope the remaster will pack a punch, like DSS. Curious about the "extended" part too (I hope they'll include a few B-sides like Hydra 666, etc).

Although a box would be cool, I hope they just released in a simple digipack or cardboard sleeve or something because I don't think I can afford both the album and the expensive Blu-ray.. and I need both of them!

I hope this will be a "Limited Release" and it won't be released in Europe and North America, but we'll see.. I just don't see the point in that when they turned the BUDOKAN DVD into a Live-CD with "bonus DVD"...

One thing for sure is that I'm ordering these on YesAsia this time, I can't afford annoying custom fees

that awkward moment when they keep doing promo for UROBOROS,

when DSS is already out and needed a promo. :lol:

Well suppose they will have enough time for touring,

maybe 3-4 years until next album then?

On topic, i hope they have something to offer with this re-mastered UROBOROS.

If this will sounds like remastered Hageshisa to on DSS album quality wise, then i'll totally flip out!

extended...?

can either mean unreleased songs [or perhaps instrumental interludes...?] or reworkings of songs...

or perhaps just the added part from bugaboo.

they don't do add anything special to these songs live, right?

I DON'T want those re-recordings of old songs on it.

That wouldn't be extending anything, that'd just be making a mess.

They don't fit, and I haven't liked any of them, so bias a bit.

Odd, but alright. I don't think it will have any extra songs, but it will have some modifications like Reiketsu Nariseba's new intro and things of that sort. Also it could sound like DSS now, but I'm very doubtful about that.

Well, I am skeptic about this release but it's good to know that they have noticed their own flaws in Uroboros while making that DSS record (bass and drums fucked up, especially in Gaika - Die's parts drown under the overpower of Kaoru's parts etc....)

I suppose we will get a chance to hear that demo version of Hageshisa as well, eh?

We'll probably get the Bugaboo interlude, the new reiketsu intro, maybe inconvenient ideal w/ new lyrics? ( iirc, they changed them a while ago )

hope for some more demos too.

seems like a strange thing to do

however

I am interested about this "extended" version of songs

when i saw them at KOKO's in london there were a few changes to the uroboros songs (ie reiketsu was the most obvious) and to be honest i would like to hear these ideas on a studio version

I guess they like the Uroboros theme.DSS feels kinda like a continuation to me,so I don't really think it matters on the way they give shows titles. DUM SPIRO SPERO -that's where the truth is- would be kinda too big. lol

It's just about time they upgrade to Blu-ray, personally I think they should have done that 2-3 years ago.

But they were late with upgrading to DVD too (their first DVD came 2000) so I guess we will have Blu-ray options on future releases along with DVD.

Btw, isn't HDTV "old" technology in Japan?? I guess the only reason they hold on to DVD is because it's cheaper.

Btw, isn't HDTV "old" technology in Japan?? I guess the only reason they hold on to DVD is because it's cheaper.

How much is a Japanese Blu-ray going to cost? Japanese DVDs are already massively expensive so I'm kinda cringing at the idea of how much a Blu-ray release is going to be.

How much is a Japanese Blu-ray going to cost? Japanese DVDs are already massively expensive so I'm kinda cringing at the idea of how much a Blu-ray release is going to be.

Blu-ray discs cost about the same as DVDs in Japan.

I don't know if this is of any help to you but BUCK-TICK released their latest DVD in Blu-ray format too, and it costs about 1500-1600 Yen more than the regular one (but it has as much video footage as the limited edition double-DVD-box version which costs a lot more). So I guess the price margin will be similar here too?

Sign in to follow this