Sign in to follow this  
Merlin Coryell

Drummer for live/online jaming. Metal and Rock, J or Western

Located in central Oregon. Up for in person jams, or online only collaboration. Have acoustic and digital kit, with ability to record online or practice via webcam (just havent done it yet). Basic recording software, mostly use Audacity and Guitar Tracks in past, nothing fancy but willing to learn. Years of experience in studio and on stages up to 300 people. Own gear, transportation, and live sound peripherals.

Hopefully will be relocating to Seattle, WA area in 2012. Would be happy to start collaboration with anyone there for eventual live practice/performance.

Any interested parties can contact me here or at merlincoryell at gmail. Pretty much all types of metal and rock. Language not important to me, so long as you dont use Japanese lyrics to make fun of me... too much. :gaga:

I would be interested in this. I have two projects going on at the moment. A trip-hop indie rock band thing and a metal band that was originally formed to play one song for a zombie movie a film student was making. We haven't secured a drummer for our metal band yet. Problem is I live in New York and there's no way we would ever be able to play live. However if you're still willingly to provide drums that would be great.

If you do, the name of our band is Blind Fury. Basically we play all types of metal. Death metal, industrial, thrash, metalcore, experimental, melodic, classic, etc. Sometimes the songs stick to one genre other times the songs are a fusion of styles. Besides the two core members, me and a friend, we also have rotating singers. We pretty much invite anyone that wants to write a song and sing to do one track with us. Of course that's after we okay their singing and lyrics. Musically and computationally the music is pretty straight forward. Nothing really technical or out there since our focus was more about having fun and making awesome but simple music.

So far we've almost finished our first song. It's yet to be titled. Obviously its the one we were doing for the film and its about zombies. Instrumentally so far it's pretty thrashy. Vocally the verses are done in a death metal style and the choruses are sung clean. Aside from that we've also incorporated some industrial effects. We've haven't continued further because we don't have a drummer and the drums play an important role in our song.

Yours truly plays guitar, writes and does vocals. I haven't recorded anything yet but I can send you some rough demos of the main guitar parts if your interested along with the lyrics.

Hells yeah, Id be up for getting turned down by you guys! @_@

Im no Derek Roddy on the bass drums, but I am working on it. In the meantime, if you want to send me a rough cut, I can lay down a few ideas to see what you think.

merlincoryell "at" gmail is where I can be reachamafied.

Sorry for butting in without any real valuable input, but how exactly do "online bands" work? This board is the first time I've ever heard of them. My guess is that people just coordinate sound files back and forth amongst themselves and then someone puts them all together in Soundbooth or something.

Sorry for butting in without any real valuable input, but how exactly do "online bands" work? This board is the first time I've ever heard of them. My guess is that people just coordinate sound files back and forth amongst themselves and then someone puts them all together in Soundbooth or something.

Savage Circus kind of started out as an online band, most of the members were spread out around Europe, some in Germany, others in Sweden and whatever. They shot ideas and recordings back and forth before finally getting together and recording their first album. Not sure if they still go about it that way. I assume MH internet bands do something similar?

Actually, these days many bands write and record long-distance, regardless of if they perform together or not. Works just like you figured, bouncing tracks back and forth for final edits to be mixed together. There are even zero latency webcam programs designed for band practice online. Technology is great in our age.

In this case, Im just looking for some fun stuff to record for the heck of it, stuff to show off on pages while waiting for the real band to get stuff back up and running.

Now if we get this going bigger, Ill have to insist the world tour starts on the West Coast! :D

Back on track, I just got over a bad cold and fever over the weekend so I haven't recorded anything yet. And my overdrive pedal just died. I'm planning on picking up a new one along with some cables sometime this week. Hopefully I'll be able to send you my guitar part by the weekend.

Also checked out your gear and you have a sick drum set. One question though, you wouldn't happen to have a couple of dynamic microphones set up for recording would you?

Currently, I dont even have that drumkit setup, its stacked in the next room! :cry: The other band I record with from time to time is redoing their studio so its all at my place right now. I do have mics and mixers, but no way to use it all right this second.

Hoping to move though in the not too distant future, to a normal house where I can jam an acoustic kit again.

Most of my recording is done on my DM10 module and kit. I have it setup to be as similar as possible to my current kit, with the addition of octobans! That setup runs direct into my PC where I can record on whatever. I generally use Audacity for simple things and demo tracks.

Sign in to follow this