Ito

What Manga are you reading?

rereading GANTZ because HYPEEE

i forgot how cute the pairing between muscle rider and the kid was. i love almost everybody though.

gonna hit the final arc soon where everything goes downhill.......still love this manga anyway.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

I've been reading a lot more manga lately, here's my currently reading list.

Akame ga Kill! (this is my shit! so much better than the shitty anime, darker and bloodier as well. but Jesus the monthly release is killing me xD)

Akame ga Kill! Zero

Berserk (I started this back up a few weeks ago and fully got caught up)

Bleach

D.Gray-man (also recently started reading this again since Hoshino seems to be doing somewhat often releases again)

Horimiya (My obligatory Romcom manga, but no srsly go read it. It's so cute.)

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (I'm in the middle of re-reading the earlier parts for fun since it's been so long)

Kagerou Daze (I don't really know whats going on with this one, there hasn't been a new chapter in a while)

Nanatsu no Taizai (One of my favorite manga's at the moment, good all shounen battle manga. It's getting really hype right now too)

One Piece

One Punch-Man (Epic hilarity, although I'm getting annoyed at the weird release schedule xD)

Prison School (Hands down one of the funniest and lewdest manga you'll ever read. So good! although the current arc has been dragging on for a bit right now)

Rakudai Kishi no Calvary (not a bad Romcom school battle harem manga. It has it's moments, I love how boss the protag is.)

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (Started this one because I read the light novel, but yeah not so great when compared)

Tsuyokute New Saga (Started this one on a friends rec, it's not too bad. It has a very classic feeling to it and some of the things that happen can be a bit unpredictable)

I'm looking to start reading HunterxHunter again soon, and maybe another new series.

finished One Outs recently, that was one hell of a manga! tried to read it as long as i could to prolong the pleasure, but gave up after 130th chapter and finished everything in one go. definitely one of the greatest manga of all times!

also finished Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji  in one week. that was as much as i could prolong reading this awesomeness. at first i wasn't sure i would enjoy it as much as i want, since 2nd part was kinda worse than 1st one, especially pachinko's arc(Kaiji is the best when he plays against real people, after all). also i didn't know much about mahjong and all its rules. well, luckily there was one bonus chapter that described everything that was needed to be known about mahjong just enough to enjoy this manga. Kaiji is undoubtedly Nobuyuki Fukumoto's best work and one of my favorite manga. can't wait to read Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya hen and Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker hen. shit's gonna get real there for sure! but at first i'm gonna read some less interesting manga just to mix superb and good stuff. like Vagabond. some years ago i read 300 chapters, but now it seems to be complete and i can finally finish it.

I just finished catching up with Prison School.

This started off being in my top 5 favorite manga. The art is superb, the humour is great and although I hate ecchi and fanservice with a passion I feel like the author is doing a parody of the genre by being so over the top. Plus the fact that he's actually knowledgeable in anatomy makes it all the more interesting.

Anyway.... the latest arc is being dragged along more than I ever thought possible. It feels like it's been several volumes.  I know it doesn't seem like a lot compared to some series, but just imagine every anime's mandatory sport episode...being dragged out for volumes...just characters rambling about bullshit, it feels like the author is scrambling to grasp at anything that might add a little bit more life to the arc. I also feel like he's doing fanservice to actually just appeal to fans in the past few chapters. It's boring, nonsensical and lame.

IT'S AWFUL. Can it please end already? I can't believe what a trainwreck it turned into, it's just a boring read now. /rant over.

Otherwise I'm also reading:

Blue Exorcist (I buy the volumes when they're released in my country so I read two volumes a year :c)
Assassination Classroom 

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 
Tokyo Ghoul re: (although it's kind of confusing and boring so I might drop it)

Edited by Platy

Don't know exactly where to place this since I can't find the general 'want to buy' thread, so this seems appropriate.

So I've been trying to track down the Vampire Hunter D novels, but it's proving rather difficult. I'm looking for the Dark Horse editions only (fangirl, yada yada) in English. Anything from volume 6 until recent releases seem relatively easy to find, but it's the first five novels that are just impossible. They're either from different publishers or Kindle versions which I absolutely do not want. I'm in Europe, so if anyone could link me to stores that sell the first volumes I'd be grateful. If you happen to walk through your local comic book store or something and you come across them, we could arrange a purchase (kind of a shopping service idea?). Thanks in advance.

Image of the first novel to give you an idea; https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51NTZQB2nLL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Lestat

Last mangas I have read :

-Owari no Seraph volume 8

-Blood Lad volumes 13 & 14

-Bungô Stray Dogs volumes 5 & 6

-Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas volume 24

Coming soon :

-Akatasuki no Yona volumes 23 & 24

I'm following too many ongoing series. A lot of them are total guilty pleasures with not much substance or spinning their wheels due to the reality of weekly/monthly serialization, so not much to discuss.

I read through all of Orange in a couple of sittings. I appreciated that the author attempted to explore suicide in a thoughtful way. A lot the problems the characters faced and the way they reacted felt realistic. I really disliked the forced romance though. It became such a focus at times and some well written characters were reduced to shojo tropes.

Finished up Princess Jellyfish finally. Sadly, the anime stopped adapting the manga at the best point. The author must have gotten bored halfway through or something, the art became so lazy and most of the conflicts/themes that drew me to the series aren't explored any further. An overall unsatisfying experience that I can't recommend unless you're invested in the characters and just want to spend more time with them. Started to read Tokyo Tareba Girls by the same author and I'm enjoying that much more, it's got a mean sense of humor yet doesn't come across as being overly judgmental.

Started Liar Game yesterday since I ran out of new Kakegurui chapters and I'm a sucker for super dramatic series about gambling. I tried to watch the live action series of it years ago, but I couldn't get into it. Pleasantly surprised by the manga though. I've already read tons of chapters.

It kind of reminds me of Kamisama no iu toori - especially the musical chairs arc, since it's a twisted take on a kids' game - only Liar Game is way less violent and much more optimistic about human nature.

...although I guess that's probably why I don't like it quite as much. Still a fun read though.

I started reading Akatsuki no Yona and Ao no Exorcist from the beginning. I think so far they are both engaging and entertaining. Each series has a main character who struggles and finds ways to deal with their circumstances, and there are plenty of colorful, interesting support characters and intriguing villains. I think they are both on-going series, but it'll take me some time to catch up so I'm not too worried about arriving at a cliffhanger yet 😅

Gotte back into reading some manga after figuring out I can get away with reading as much as I want at work lol.

Over the past month I've read Monster and Death Note in its entirety. I've seen both anime plenty of times but never read the manga for it. Monster is probably more or less as faithful as an adaptation as it can get, death note on the other hand felt pretty different. Especially during major 2nd half with Near and Mello. Also read a manga called Aoharu x Machinegun at my friends request because it's her favorite. Also read the new Death Note one shot that came out just this past monday, I thought it was a bit dull but it's still good to see Near and Ryuk again. And right now I'm keeping up with Gleipnir, the Promised Neverland, and Dr. Stone all of which I really enjoy and cant wait to see how each series continues and eventually ends. In terms of other manga I plan on starting/catching up with, I'm probably leaning towards Chainsaw Man, Blue Exorcist, and One Piece (yes I'm serious lol)

17 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Gotte back into reading some manga after figuring out I can get away with reading as much as I want at work lol.

Over the past month I've read Monster and Death Note in its entirety. I've seen both anime plenty of times but never read the manga for it. Monster is probably more or less as faithful as an adaptation as it can get, death note on the other hand felt pretty different. Especially during major 2nd half with Near and Mello. Also read a manga called Aoharu x Machinegun at my friends request because it's her favorite. Also read the new Death Note one shot that came out just this past monday, I thought it was a bit dull but it's still good to see Near and Ryuk again. And right now I'm keeping up with Gleipnir, the Promised Neverland, and Dr. Stone all of which I really enjoy and cant wait to see how each series continues and eventually ends. In terms of other manga I plan on starting/catching up with, I'm probably leaning towards Chainsaw Man, Blue Exorcist, and One Piece (yes I'm serious lol)

Definitely read Chainsaw Man, it's really, really good. The best Jump series in a loooong time.

If you end up liking it I recommend Fire Punch, it's by the same author. The name and pitch might make it seem like a bog-standard shonen but... well, you'll just have to read it lmao

17 minutes ago, seys said:

Definitely read Chainsaw Man, it's really, really good. The best Jump series in a loooong time.

If you end up liking it I recommend Fire Punch, it's by the same author. The name and pitch might make it seem like a bog-standard shonen but... well, you'll just have to read it lmao

I recall starting chainsaw man awhile ago and thought it was wild af (granted that was only maybe 10-20 chapters) so I cant wait to continue it. And thanks for the heads up on fire punch, I'll try to get around to it once I catch up on everything else 

Im currently Reading, 

Kawaii Joushi Wo Komarasetai

Don't Bully Me Nagatoro 

Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!

Kimetsu no yaiba

Mann that boy Muzan is about to get F U C K T up and I can't wait, shits getting hectic. I love this series, even though I don't like watching characters I love die, it feels better executed here than in akame ga kill, another series that tells all your faves that they're cancelled.

Edited by Aferni

I read Home Room because the live action drama caught me into it. The main character is pretty unique, considering him hiding naked under his class's students bed while she is sleeping but not doing anything sexually. It makes me excited to read more but it doesn't have many episodes out for now, it seems.

About 10 chapters off from catching up on chainsaw man and holy fuck what an absolute batshit insane, over the top manga so far lmao. Honestly incredible and if there isnt an adaptation planned for it yet I hope one eventually happens

Have now completely caught up on blue exorcist, and wow the anime is nothing like the manga past the 12 eps lol. It's still a shounen series so nothing incredibly unique or special here but I'm definitely here for the wild ride, especially Mephisto. Also having an evil organization named the Illuminati in this is fucking hilarious/great. Now either my hero academia or one piece next

13 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Have now completely caught up on blue exorcist, and wow the anime is nothing like the manga past the 12 eps lol. It's still a shounen series so nothing incredibly unique or special here but I'm definitely here for the wild ride, especially Mephisto. 

Just bought volume 22 and 23. The story is getting so good, I love the art and and where everything is going with Yukio. The anime simply doesn't do it justice.

53 minutes ago, platy said:

Just bought volume 22 and 23. The story is getting so good, I love the art and and where everything is going with Yukio. The anime simply doesn't do it justice.

I will say because I just noticed, there was a season in 2017 that I guess was supposed to be a faithful adaptation/continuation covering that kyoto/impure king arc so maybe it's worth watching that but ya otherwise the anime is actually surprisingly really good rn and I'm kind of surprised it's not really talked much about.

10 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

I will say because I just noticed, there was a season in 2017 that I guess was supposed to be a faithful adaptation/continuation covering that kyoto/impure king arc so maybe it's worth watching that but ya otherwise the anime is actually surprisingly really good rn and I'm kind of surprised it's not really talked much about.

The Kyoto arc anime season was great. I couldn't stomach anything previous to that though, so I'd check it out any adaptations they release in the future. I'm guessing it'll take a while though as there isn't enough material to to work with yet.

It's been A few days but im currently on chapter 130ish of one piece. Kind of amusing to think this would have been something I'd 100% gush over and be obsessed with as a kid/teen but here I am barely experiencing it for the first time in my mid 20s and I still think it's been fantastic so far.