Ito

What Manga are you reading?

We have one for anime, so why not manga?! xD

Honestly, I feel that 9 times out of 10 the manga will be better than the subsequent anime of the same series. There are a few cases where that isn't true imo (Trigun come to mind), but for the most part I think it is almost all around better xD

So, what are you reading?

I just read the first volume of Drifters, the new manga by Kouta Hirano (Hellsing). It is interesting, I just hope to god he releases the volumes faster than with Hellsing, I started that in, what, 2003? and finished it in 2010. Yeah, took him 13 years (1997 – 2009) to finish a 10 volume series -___-

I am also reading:

Natsume Yuujinchou (volumes 3 and 4)

Spice and Wolf (volume 4)

Pastel (volumes 10-14)

xxxHolic (volumes 3-4)

i am reading back old mangas that i own xD

Doraemon just never gets old.

I always want all the magic coming out from his magic pocket.

and also reading the on going manga, Garasu No Kamen.

The intrigues and politics going on in show business were captured perfectly!

So not just some boring typical shojo manga :Db

And CLOVER by Clamp.

for new manga, i still read Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, D-LIVE and Yakitate! Japan

And all the series included in Shonen Magz

Last manga I read? Gantz back in '05.

But i'm interested in reading the Twilight graphic novels. I just can't find them online. :(

Long running series:

One Piece

Bleach

Naruto

Air Gear

Recently:

Beelzbulb

Fairy Tail

Hunter x Hunter

I need to try getting into some other series, It seems like I've been reading Naruto chapters for years (owait I have!) lol

bleach (thurs)

naruto (thurs)

katekyo hitman reborn (fri/sat)

hajime no ippo (sometimes there is a chapter in thurs, sometimes there is none)

i read hayate no gotoku, overdrive, kiniro no corda (la corda d'oro), air gear a few months back

i also read inuyasha's, great teacher onizuka's, death note's ending

Currently reading:

Bloody Monday

Zombie Loan

Spiral

Yozakura Quartet

Nabari no Ou

DOGS

Vampire Knight (Put it on hold for the time being though)

And because I can't seem to be able to read these things online, I have to wait for the volumes to actually come out. So I'm 2 volumes behind on Nabari now, but have to wait for the other ones. And in the meantime I shouldn't spend my money on the full series of Spiral and Zombie Loan :s

I'm reading Hunter x Hunter, Half Price had a big sale last month and I snagged the first eighteen volumes for less than a dollar each. However, I'm not really feeling this series, I'm only into volume four so hopefully it picks up once they get done with the exams. I don't really like the main character Gon either, he's pretty boring and feels more like a hallow version of kid Goku. His companions are more interesting than he is.

For 18 bucks, I wouldn't complain xD

The half price by me rarely has the much in, and when they do, it is hardly half price...$7 for one volume just doesn't feel like that big a discount. I guess that's what happens when you don't live in a hugely populated area lol

For 18 bucks, I wouldn't complain xD

The half price by me rarely has the much in, and when they do, it is hardly half price...$7 for one volume just doesn't feel like that big a discount. I guess that's what happens when you don't live in a hugely populated area lol

True, it does keep my occupied on my commute into work. I just got done catching up in One Piece so it's like a subpar filler until more One Piece comes out. Anyway, Half Price had some humongous store wide sale last month but I generally stick to their clearance and pick up books that are $2.00 a piece. Yet, doing that has left me with a patchy collection of comics, I've had Fullmetal Alchemist for years and read the first nine volumes but I'm missing 10, 11, 12 but have 14, 15, 18, 20 etc. Amazon has a three for four deal and I should just go and pick up the volumes I'm missing and start the series over Ha!

I'm reading Hunter x Hunter, Half Price had a big sale last month and I snagged the first eighteen volumes for less than a dollar each. However, I'm not really feeling this series, I'm only into volume four so hopefully it picks up once they get done with the exams. I don't really like the main character Gon either, he's pretty boring and feels more like a hallow version of kid Goku. His companions are more interesting than he is.

Watch the anime series and the ova's... it's much better than the manga IMO. not to mention way more emotional and I feel the message of the series is delivered a whole lot better in the animations than the manga, although the manga cover more of the story after the anime ends...

Just read about 100 chapters of "air gear" in an attempt to catch up :D and I'm contemplating about starting to read "Ao no exorcist" since I rather enjoyed the anime and feel the manga might be a worthwhile venture XD

I am suprised that this Topic is made so late o.O

Ahm at least I read:

shamo

Gunslinger girl

MPD Psycho

Homonunculus

ahm... I don't read much manga at the moment...

Watch the anime series and the ova's... it's much better than the manga IMO. not to mention way more emotional and I feel the message of the series is delivered a whole lot better in the animations than the manga, although the manga cover more of the story after the anime ends...

I've pretty much given up on Hunter x Hunter, I finally got through the license exam and it has become a little better since then but now it's some sort of tower tournament crap. I really can't get into stories that involve tournaments, tests and trials. The only time was with Dragon Ball but with others it's just not interesting. Is the whole tournament stories a unique theme in Japan? It seems so common but maybe it's just a Shonen manga thing? However I do like the artwork in Hunter x Hunter :U

Anyway, going to start on Fullmetal Alchemist, the last volume is released this month I think and I'm starting over since I left off at volume 10 or something several years ago. I really don't remember what the heck is going on anymore haha. I tried starting back up at that volume and thinking to myself the whole time, "Who the hell is that guy again? What are they talking about? Oh I forgot about this."

COMIC STUDIO

20-year-old Aihara Minoru has come to Tokyo to make his dreams of becoming an action manga artist come true. To his amazement, he lands a job as a live-in assistant of his favorite mangaka, Takakura Kenji, who writes a popular fighting manga called "Ultimate Banchou."

Upon arriving at his new workplace, however, he discovers that his idol is not the tough guy he'd always imagined. The truth is, Takakura Kenji is the pen name of Sekai Ichiko, a girl his age who is basically a moe character (she looks and acts like a little kid). After Aihara's obvious disappointment starts them off on the wrong foot, it's going to be tough for him to prove to her that he has what it takes to be a manga artist!

Loved story and wery pervert moments , I like :D

There's quite a list I'm reading but I'll just name down the ones I really like.

Akame ga Kill!

Berserk

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Nozoki Ana

The Legend of Maian

Ubel Blatt

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (but I'm sensing that the plot is going to be a bit painful to follow, so I'm on pause)

Suki-tte Ii Na Yo! (come on smut, happen already, with the main characters that is)

Dengeki Daisy

Men's Kou (scans are so damn slow, too lazy to read in Japanese, but it's done already huh?)

Yankii-kun to Megane-chan (also on pause, think I just got a bit lazy reading that many chapters)

ahahaha don't judge me, I started reading manga (including romance shoujo manga) in elementary school, I don't even consider myself a manga geek, it's just like watching a regular TV show.

Re-read Garasu no Kamen by Suzue Miuchi & Rose Of Versailles by Riyoko Ikeda

One of my little numbers Shojo Manga i loved.

The drawing is so neat, pretty and intricate but not too much.

And all the emotions, drama, politics and storyline are well told.

GNK;

ROV;

Never die.